Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #541
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
^ Me too

But I have a bad feeling about every single one of Mirjana's opponents
Come to think of it ... you may not be alone in that.

Still, it'll be mighty pecul-yah if she falls to Pegula.

(cue: sound of lame cymbal ... "ba-dum-bing!")

She plays early tomorrow -- 10AM, Stadium 2
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #542
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm Pegula is not that good draw, richest girl out there with huge team
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #543
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Also I don't think IW courts and desert conditions suit her game, hope I'm wrong.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #544
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Highly irregulah ... losin' to Pegula?

(Well, I had to ...)

Mirjana's on Stadium court 3 at 10AM. Pegula is being pranced-around like a show pony with the entourage; hopefully that'll annoy Miki enough to come out with some attitude.

She just has to play clean-ish with a decent first-serve percentage and take this girl out. If she keeps losing to players ranked beneath her and to players ranked above her, we're going in circles. She has to be able to handle lower-ranked newbies if she is going to get anywhere.

Conditions will be cool and (obviously) very dry this morning at the stadium, but usually there's not a trace of wind because the facility abuts a little mountain (that actually has wild bighorn sheep on it!).

Mirjana needs to make a declarative start. No dilly-dallying. GL to her.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #545
country flag mikireturns

Too: the first win of Mirjana's comeback came at Indian Wells in 07 and she played quite well against Top 15 Tchakvetadze after that.

And the biggest title she has won since coming back was in the Arizona desert in 2010; similar conditions.

Let's hope she comes out firing and sends the Pegulas back to the drawing-board.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #546
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Wow. Pegula's father is a billionaire. I just read up on him. That makes her the Gulbis of the women's game. Money can't buy natural talent though and I have a feeling Mirjana has quite abit more of that.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #547
country flag mikireturns

Does Mirjana get to keep the lousy 20pts she earned for this match?
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #548
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

Voegele next after all. Good luck Mirjana
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #549
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Does Mirjana get to keep the lousy 20pts she earned for this match?
Yes
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #550
ajmo!

Some great spots in md, but big match against voegele who player sf in memphis
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #551
country flag mikireturns

Oh boy ... There are indeed a few interesting spots for qualifiers in the main draw (Craybas!?!) and Mirjana will exceed all expectations if she can get the upset tomorrow. Voegele is really savvy about ball-placement and strategy.

Gotta believe Lucic-B can do it, if she brings her A game. But it won't happen if she throws down so many DFs again.

I'm sure Prpic will guide her appropriately. Every win this year is a critical, important win for her (even qualifying wins) and today's win was her most important of the season so far, given how she nearly swallowed her racket and yet turned it around in such dominant fashion.

She's past due to beat a Top 70 player. Truly. We have seen her bring Top 30-50 tennis several times in the past few years. It can be done again!

And, seriously ... Has Mirjana won a tiebreaker in singles since the double-disaster against Vinci at W last summer?

If not, SCARY.
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #552
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

not that miki ever gets a good draw, but there is a spot vs. craybas in the first round with the winner to face slumping paszek.
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #553
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
not that miki ever gets a good draw, but there is a spot vs. craybas in the first round with the winner to face slumping paszek.
She does get good draws as well as rotten draws.: In 2012 she had Martinez-Sanchez and Panova, in R1 Slams and Kumkhum, Webley-Smith, MInella, Keothavong and South in R1 of other WTA events. This would be the best draw for her but first she has to beat Voegele
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #554
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Oh boy ... There are indeed a few interesting spots for qualifiers in the main draw (Craybas!?!) and Mirjana will exceed all expectations if she can get the upset tomorrow. Voegele is really savvy about ball-placement and strategy.

Gotta believe Lucic-B can do it, if she brings her A game. But it won't happen if she throws down so many DFs again.

I'm sure Prpic will guide her appropriately. Every win this year is a critical, important win for her (even qualifying wins) and today's win was her most important of the season so far, given how she nearly swallowed her racket and yet turned it around in such dominant fashion.

She's past due to beat a Top 70 player. Truly. We have seen her bring Top 30-50 tennis several times in the past few years. It can be done again!

And, seriously ... Has Mirjana won a tiebreaker in singles since the double-disaster against Vinci at W last summer?

If not, SCARY.
Didn't she beat El Tabakh in a final set tie break after appearing to have thrown it away ?
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #555
ajmo!

i think in Quebec she beat El Tabakh 7-6 in third, and against Flipkens it was 76 26 46 if I'm not wrong.