•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 146 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #2176
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

What surprises me with Kvitova is some people don't seem to have learnt. She wins what imo is a C-grade tournament and all of sudden she's the best, she's going to be number 1, she's going to be winning grand slams. This without even beating any of the contenders for the bigger events. Even in her best year (2011), there was a distinct lack of consistency week to week. Now obviously most people improve their consistency with experience, but it tends to be a gradual process, not something that happens overnight. I fail to believe that Petra will now go on a tear for the rest of the season and win everything in sight, which amazingly some seem to believe.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #2177
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga won
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 03:39 AM   #2178
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal . Beware Novak .
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 03:53 AM   #2179
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Jo thank you

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM   #2180
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa I hope he can do some damage in Indian Wells as well!
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:01 AM   #2181
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
is it confirmed he'll play IW? I can't see him bring too much of a threat there, may be better saving himself for RG.

Would be good for the tournament though.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:17 AM   #2182
country flag Natural Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
is it confirmed he'll play IW? I can't see him bring too much of a threat there, may be better saving himself for RG.

Would be good for the tournament though.
He confirmed it after the final. Definitely good for the tournament even if he doesn't come close to winning the title.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM   #2183
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
did you stay up to watch it? is he looking like he's starting to find his claycourt level?
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:44 AM   #2184
country flag Natural Joe

No, I only watched the highlights. Judging from those and from what I've read about his performance it was by far the best he's played since his comeback and it was reminiscent of his clay court level pre injury break.

Ozza, you posted soon after the final ended, did you watch the match?
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 01:39 PM   #2185
country flag Natural Joe

In case anyone wants to watch the full match:

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM   #2186
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Ferrer was below par. But nadal was aggressive from the start.
Very happy to see nadal playing into form getting ready for RG. But feel really bad for ferrer, forever a bridesmaid, got beaten badly by someone who had a 7 months layoff.....
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 03:19 PM   #2187
country flag ozza

Yes I watched it. Nadal was playing well. His strokes are looking good from both forehand and backhand. His movement isn't quite at pre-injury levels, but is improving. He is playing very aggressive as well as people have said.

Ferrer was below par, but I think part of the problem he has now - if he just plays his game, it leads to lots of long rallies, but ultimately Nadal prevails as we've seen. Yesterday he was over-aggressive, trying to shorten points quickly, the problem is Ferrer doesn't really have the weapons to do that on a clay court vs Nadal.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 04:08 PM   #2188
country flag Igor_Biscan

thanks for posting the link Joe.

Ferrer made some mistakes early on, I think he was distracted by the hot line judge. Once Nadal got goung though he was impressive. As you say Ozza he was very aggressive, he could actually do some damage on hard courts if he stays fit.

I also liked how he has the same pre-serve routine, just 2x speed.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2189
country flag Natural Joe

Anyone watching Gulbis vs Roger-Vasselin?
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #2190
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

I found this story from ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/pow...month/february
Tennis Power Rankings By Jon Levey Special to ESPN.com

#1: Victoria Azarenka lost her No. 1 ranking, but got a measure of revenge by besting Serena in the Qatar final. It broke a nine-match winless drought against her chief rival and extended her current win streak to 14 matches. Her boyfriend, Redfoo, also claims to be working on music that incorporates Vika's trademark screech. Not only is love blind, it's evidently deaf and dumb, too.

#2: At 31, Serena Williams became the oldest woman to be ranked No. 1, eclipsing the mark set by Chris Evert in 1985. After the match, Williams instructed people to start referring to her as Don Serena, and that she expects every player to start paying tribute to do business on her tour.

#6: Maria Sharapova got blitzed by Serena Williams for the 11th straight time in the semis of Qatar. Sharapova was so distraught after another Serena setback she downed six bags of Smitten Sour Sugarpova candy and wouldn't start the postmatch news conference until each member of the media gave her a hug.

#10: After her straight-sets loss to Victoria Azarenka in the semis of Qatar, Agnieszka Radwanska is now 2-16 since 2010 against the three players currently ranked ahead of her. Still, there's no truth to the rumor that she's working on a time machine to travel back to 1995, when her playing style was much more effective.

Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote