New way of thinking - stay positive vol. 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:30 PM   #1
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute
New way of thinking - stay positive vol. 2

I don't think the other thread is appropriate right now. Yeah, it is hard to be Vee's fan, but we must be glad that we have such an amazing woman in Women Tennis Tour. She is dealing with some problems and I don't think she will play at the same level again. She doesn't have the serve that she used to have. She cannot win all her matches. She will lose more than the past. And, yup, she hasn't big chances for major tournaments.

All the same again. I'm not writing this for that reason. I'm not writing it to tell how crappy she plays. I'm here to tell you that it's great to have so inspiring a woman. Am I the only one who wants that girl to play for a very long time. She has so much think she can do. I won't think about the things Venus can't accomplish when she can accomplish so many other things. Is one lose will stop her? I don't think so? Is one won tournament is better that the inspiration that she give to us? I don't think so. Venus has no chance?!? I don't think so.

I used to analyse the matches she plays and the way she plays, but right now, I know that it would not help. At the moment, the most important thing is how she is feeling! If she is healthy, it's okay, then it's time to celebrate I just try to ignore the poster who always put Serena serve in her/his post, just to be clear Vee's peak serve is better. Stop acting like you don't know it. If she is on fire, no one could stop her.I wanted to say that she will execute her game and she will go for it, but the way she is doing it doesn't depend on her game style, it depends on her Sjongrens, you know.

All I wanted to say is the fact that we ought to be happy for seeing her at the court. I enjoy every single match she plays. I know we think she has to win all her matches, but she is dealing with circumstances unusual for athletes. All we can do is to be ready for it. To watch it match by match, to enjoy it. We can't expect her to plays in finals, but we can expect some inspiration, and that really matters. We will be entertained because Queen Venus is on court, you know! And, you know, if she is playing she has chances to win, because she is the one. And please stop acting like nay-sayers, she won't retire till Rio 2016.
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

Last edited by Banditoo : Mar 3rd, 2013 at 06:37 PM.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 09:26 PM   #2
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all
Re: New way of thinking - stay positive vol. 2

Great post!!!

Of course, I am happy to see her still playing, but at the same time it is painful to watch her. Seeing that she is in pain, seeing her frustrated because she is being bossed around the court by players she used to wipe the courts with just two years ago :cry:

I have been a fan of Venus for a loooong time, and my excitement before every single match she plays is still the same like it used to be 10 years ago. I am sure that she still has one great run left in her, I hope it is going to be at Wimbledon, because this is the perfect place for her.

Until this time comes, we can do what we always do. Ride the Vee Roller Coaster and enjoy the ride
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:04 PM   #3
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

I agree with you both! She is not a quitter and I admire her for that. I think her comeback since the diagnosis has mostly been positive anyway - she is back in the Top 20, won a doubles slam, Olympic gold and added to her already large trophy cabinet. I think we need to lower our expectations a bit now since so much of what she can give on court isn't quite up to her. The belief is there but she faces many adversaries, but she is a great ambassador for the sport and I still enjoy watching her...the highs, the lows & the excruciating moments. It's all part of being a Veeliever!
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM   #4
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute

Venus has 10 Wimbledon titles total and 4 Olympic Gold Medals. She has a great life and career.

We'll support her whatever she decides to do. Screw everyone else.

\ /
I V
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:07 PM   #5
country flag MajesticVenus
Ebony Queen

MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute

^ Exactly. Loving that gif My perennial image of Venus will always be her 2008 Wimbledon/YEC body type.

If you are not a Grand Slam Champion, let alone a tennis player, you have no right to criticize them and tell them to retire so let the haters take several seats and shut up.

We are all together until the end, and it is not coming any time soon.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #6
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Banditoo! I'm just going to enjoy Venus last years on the tour and support her no matter what.

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #7
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Ditto! Go Venus

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #8
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to stay positive I must admit, it's not fun seeing your favourite player lose like that and be in so much pain, but on the other hand the determination is truly admirable, we may never know what she is truly going through but we must take heart in the fact that she is trying her best
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #9
country flag jean_genie

jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute

Louisa Thomas's article in Grantland, written around the time of the Sjogren's announcement, gives some perspective that all us Venus fans probably need right now:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...enus-withdraws

I'm sure this is probably already posted in the articles thread, but I just thought I'd share.

Venus
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #10
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_genie View Post
Louisa Thomas's article in Grantland, written around the time of the Sjogren's announcement, gives some perspective that all us Venus fans probably need right now:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...enus-withdraws

I'm sure this is probably already posted in the articles thread, but I just thought I'd share.

Venus
Thank you so much for this article I quoted the last paragraph; it's so beautiful and sad too:

Quote:
Venus writes, "As a little girl I practiced no fewer than five hours a day, every single day of the year." Then she added something telling: "The only time we got a break was when it rained, which is why, to this day, I still find rain comforting."

This week started with a hurricane. I hope she found some comfort in the rain.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #11
country flag MajesticVenus
Ebony Queen

MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute

We need someone to make the Miami thread ASAP. Since everyone was complaining about how we were always the same people doing them, it's time for someone new to step it up. I know we took a hard blow in Florianópolis, but hey, she can still make the quarterfinals again.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #12
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm doing only cheering threads related to clay! Slay!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote