1975 French Open Final - Evert d. Navratilova - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 06:35 AM   #16
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1975 French Open Final - Evert d. Navratilova

Wow Chrissie looked so hot in 1975. Was it it then that Connors broke up with her?

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #17
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

its all about the cute dress over the shirt/skit combo
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #18
country flag Ricksasha

Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice

Thanks very much tennisfan75!! Martina actually looks
happier, how funny! But this is great to see, I really appreciate it!

"I started playing tennis when I was 4, but I didnt start playing seriously until I was 8." Kathy Rinaldi
Ricksasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #19
PamShriver

PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of

I could be wrong, however that '75 pic appears to be a picture of the two of them after winning the doubles title. Notice that their plates are identical and there is no sign of the RG trophy. Also there appears to be two other players behind them, who I would think are the runners-up.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #20
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamShriver View Post
I could be wrong, however that '75 pic appears to be a picture of the two of them after winning the doubles title. Notice that their plates are identical and there is no sign of the RG trophy. Also there appears to be two other players behind them, who I would think are the runners-up.
You're spot on, Pam. Martina wasn't wearing that white dress in the singles final.

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 12:44 AM   #21
country flag Ricksasha

Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice

Yeah, that has got to be from the doubles final.... still a
great pic though. Here's one I've been able to get from
the singles final ceremony -

"I started playing tennis when I was 4, but I didnt start playing seriously until I was 8." Kathy Rinaldi
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #22
country flag Rors

Rors is an unknown quantity at this point

Ricksasha,

If you do a search of "Evert Navratilova 1975 French Open" on Youtube, there is a snippet of the final to enjoy.
Rors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #23
country flag Ricksasha

Thanks Rors, I have already seen that, but if you ever
see any footage of the awards ceremony, please let me
know.

Old Apr 9th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #24
nancy jarkas

nancy jarkas has disabled reputation

Hi Rickasha
i think this one will do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 rg75.jpg (76.2 KB, 28 views)
nancy jarkas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #25
country flag Ricksasha

Thanks very much Nancy!

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:51 PM   #26
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

A short clip of the 1975 French final. According to the New York Times the crowd was "entranced by the Czech's daring"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7muZ0SPXWY

A lovely pic of the trophy ceremony. Note the people sitting on the roofs in the background! Also catch the Virginia Slims logo on Martina;s lapel.

Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote