Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 06:35 AM   #871
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Do U guy think it possible that Caro can get into the top 5 this year, I hoping she improve on her game, her serve & FH can really improve the most.
If you just mean HUMANLY possible,then yes,but it doesn't appear likely unless Caroline starts playing superbly.The Top 4 are Serena,Vika,Big Masha and Aga,and none of those 4 have shown any hints of an imminent drop-off.Not that anyone's hoping for it,but Serena could drop off if she got another serious injury;otherwise,it's hard to picture any huge rankings fall from her.

The #5-ranked Li is the least consistent in the Top 5,but she's showing signs of going to another level since getting Henin's former manager.She likely would've won her 2nd slam had it not been for a fluke injury in the AO Final.However,that's not a guarantee that she'll maintain that over an entire season....I would say that,for now,finishing #6 or 7 was a more realistic goal for Caroline

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:17 AM   #872
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do U guy think it possible that Caro can get into the top 5 this year, I hoping she improve on her game, her serve & FH can really improve the most.
Absolutely it is possible. It's possible that she could win Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open and end the year at number one. Possible but extremely unlikely. Top five may be expecting too much but I do think that finishing the year at six, seven or eight is an achievable goal for her.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM   #873
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think we'll find out a lot at IW & Miami. 2 of the mandatories, both on hardcourt.
So far, its 6 tournaments with only one SF (that was a Tier 2 where the high seed in Caro's quarter withdrew after the draw was done).
So she's going to need good, consistent results to get in the top 5.
Caroline has not had those results for about 18 months. The reason she stayed #1 until early 2012 is because she was 3000 points ahead. It took the field a while to catch her, but I'd say her last top 5 results, over several months, was spring 2011

I dont know why a player who was having such great results would lose motivation. I guess it shows how hard it is to have a long. great career. You have to find motivation, even when things are going well.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM   #874
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think we'll find out a lot at IW & Miami. 2 of the mandatories, both on hardcourt.
So far, its 6 tournaments with only one SF (that was a Tier 2 where the high seed in Caro's quarter withdrew after the draw was done).
So she's going to need good, consistent results to get in the top 5.
Caroline has not had those results for about 18 months. The reason she stayed #1 until early 2012 is because she was 3000 points ahead. It took the field a while to catch her, but I'd say her last top 5 results, over several months, was spring 2011

I dont know why a player who was having such great results would lose motivation. I guess it shows how hard it is to have a long. great career. You have to find motivation, even when things are going well.
100% agree. At least the results are -ok. Not more. There ist nothing to count at all. For a former #1 player.
Caroline Wozniacki - 250 Wochen Top Ten - 67 Wochen #1 - 34 WTA Finals - 21 WTA Turniersiege -Princess Charming of Tennis

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #875
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I think the goal has to be more make Istanbul than make top 5. The top 5 already have quite a lead over her in the race. Top 5 would be gravy, not making Istanbul would be disastrous.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM   #876
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope she stays in the top 10. Reaching the YEC would be a nice bonus, though.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM   #877
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's aforementioned loss of motivation isn't a complete shock to me;a REAL surprise would've been a visible change in CHARACTER.E.g.:Getting nasty with people in pressers;getting so lazy that she showed up overweight;ignoring tennis for long stretches to hang out with the fast crowd,etc.

Though I can't say what her precise thought process was,it may have included feelings of futility that she might never get over the hump and win a Slam...or be respected as an all-time great.That's only speculation on my part

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:31 PM   #878
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Caro's aforementioned loss of motivation isn't a complete shock to me;a REAL surprise would've been a visible change in CHARACTER.E.g.:Getting nasty with people in pressers;getting so lazy that she showed up overweight;ignoring tennis for long stretches to hang out with the fast crowd,etc.

Though I can't say what her precise thought process was,it may have included feelings of futility that she might never get over the hump and win a Slam...or be respected as an all-time great.That's only speculation on my part
any examples? please?
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM   #879
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post

Like her so much, but 100% agree with you.
Caroline Wozniacki - 250 Wochen Top Ten - 67 Wochen #1 - 34 WTA Finals - 21 WTA Turniersiege -Princess Charming of Tennis

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:46 PM   #880
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
any examples? please?
I think that you misunderstood;I'm NOT saying that Caro ever did those things...just that she would really surprise me if she ever did them.I must go to work now

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:00 PM   #881
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

rumors have Caro and Rory breaking up

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:11 PM   #882
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
rumors have Caro and Rory breaking up
When Rory made the 'Not in a good place mentally, right now. I cannot say more' comment, it was inevitable that some would spin it into a break-up with Caroline.

We'll see.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:33 PM   #883
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
When Rory made the 'Not in a good place mentally, right now. I cannot say more' comment, it was inevitable that some would spin it into a break-up with Caroline.

We'll see.

Yes. I hope it is true. He is not good for her.

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:34 PM   #884
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline should be #8 seed for I/W. Li Na has pulled out and Serena Williams will likely not play there.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #885
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Caroline should be #8 seed for I/W. Li Na has pulled out and Serena Williams will likely not play there.
Good, she avoids the top 7 for a bit longer. Though last year she was seeded 4 and she played awful! Still she has 2 matches to defend here, she needs to do well, surface suits her game, she's won before and it's unlikely she will defend Miami's SF. Two very important weeks coming up for Caro.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread