Annika Beck - Page 156 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #2326
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Annika Beck

Annika

Cepelova und Annika sind absolute Spiegelbilder Klein, flink, schwacher Aufschlag, starke Grundschläge. Ich mag beide ganz gern. Cepelova war halt einen Tick besser, Annika hätte das Match auch gewinnen können. Immerhin R1 überstanden. Alves mit den Mondbällen in Satz 2, das Publikum gegen sich und einige ungerechte Schiedsrichterentscheidungen. Diese schwierige Situation hat Annika schon gut gelöst. Blick nach vorne richten.

And BTW we should not forget Annika is still relatively new to the WTA tour. She has only played 2 Grand Slams in her career so far. Annika never played main draw of French Open, US Open, Indian Wells and Miami So lots of things are new for Annika, she needs time. And she is still young too. We should not have too high expectations this year. Annika needs more experience.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #2327
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely, it's going to be a year full of surprises, both positive and negative. We mustn't forget that she already has 2 Top 30 wins this year, and it's only february. As long as she learns from it everything is forgivable this year.

Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #2328
country flag Carsten
Andy!

Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute

Schade, sie hatte öfter Probleme die Punkte zuzumachen, wenn sie am Drücker war im ersten Satz. Da kam dann irgendwann einfach der Fehler. Cepelova war aber auch ganz gut, der Tiebreak dann von beiden eher bescheiden. Zweiten Satz hab ich dann nicht mehr gesehen. Am Volley sollte sie aber definitiv auch noch etwas arbeiten, grade den einfachen den sie im Tebreak ins Netz gesetzt hat war sehr unnötig.
Carsten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #2329
country flag DaMatz

DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten View Post
Schade, sie hatte öfter Probleme die Punkte zuzumachen, wenn sie am Drücker war im ersten Satz. Da kam dann irgendwann einfach der Fehler. Cepelova war aber auch ganz gut, der Tiebreak dann von beiden eher bescheiden. Zweiten Satz hab ich dann nicht mehr gesehen. Am Volley sollte sie aber definitiv auch noch etwas arbeiten, grade den einfachen den sie im Tebreak ins Netz gesetzt hat war sehr unnötig.
Immerhin hat sie auch hier eine Runde gewonnen, 30 Punkte mehr oder weniger sind auch nicht unwichtig. Am Anfang waren von Cepelova auch sehr viele Bälle im Netz oder Aus, wo Beck schnell 2:0 führte. Ich sehe aber die Top100 nicht in Gefahr, dort sollte sie sich schon etablieren können :-).
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #2330
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

@fiercetennis
Talked to @BeckAnnika last night and she was lovely, even in defeat. Girl’s got great attitude. tennispanorama.com/archives/35717

Quote:
Junior Roland Garros Champion Annika Beck is Learning to Adapt to the WTA Tour

By Barbara Galiza

(February 27, 2013) FLORIANOPOLIS, Brazil – Ten months ago, Annika Beck was lifting the junior version of the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen, having just won the girls’ singles’ Roland Garros title. Now, at 19, after a fast adaptation to the professional tour, the German is already ranked 66th in the world: the fifth youngest player inside the top 100.

“Sometimes it was difficult for me to understand why it was going so fast. I didn’t recognize (what was happening) and, at times, thought it was all too big for me”, said Beck. “ Last year I played a lot on the ITF circuit. It’s why I’m working on the mental aspect with my coach. I’m still accepting that, with my ranking, I am now a player on the WTA tour.”

Beck took part in the brand new WTA Florianópolis this week, as one of the favourites for the title. She was the 8th seed but was upset by Jana Cepelova, still in the second round, in a match with 13 breaks of serve. Instead of being frustrated by the early loss, the German displayed her full potential by showing maturity. As a 19-year-old just starting on the tour, she stated that her current focus should be on learning and improving, not necessarily winning:

“It’s tougher to play (in the WTA) and you have to take your experience, and learn, from every match. If you stay calm, accept you can lose matches, you can take advantage of that. Next week you’ve got another chance.”

Because of her young age and height, 5’7”, Beck is lovingly called “die kleine” (the kid, in German) by her country’s players. Being considered small for today’s tennis, the 19 year-old understands she can’t have a game based solely on consistency to succeed on tour nowadays.

“I want to change my game to have more weapons to choose from. Tall ones have got a big advantage for serve and groundstrokes. But I’m not the tallest one so I have got to find solutions to beat, someday, a Sharapova or a Williams”, she analysed. “I need to attack more, to go to the net, to mix it up a bit to win those matches. I was always successful with my game in juniors, but now I lose more. I have to get out of my comfort zone”.

Beck represented Germany in Fed Cup for the first time in her career this year, taking part in an away tie against France. She had the opportunity to play alongside her country’s top players, such as Julia Goerges (27th in the rankings) and Sabine Lisicki (37th).

“They’ve won so many tournaments and they help showing you the way to the top. Playing in Fed Cup was a great time for me, it lets me get used to that high level. I ask them many questions about WTA rules and tournaments I don’t know. I hope I can play again (in the next tie against Serbia) in Stuttgart.”

Last edited by Schnffy : Feb 28th, 2013 at 06:08 AM.
Schnffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #2331
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“I want to change my game to have more weapons to choose from. Tall ones have got a big advantage for serve and groundstrokes. But I’m not the tallest one so I have got to find solutions to beat, someday, a Sharapova or a Williams”, she analysed. “I need to attack more, to go to the net, to mix it up a bit to win those matches. I was always successful with my game in juniors, but now I lose more. I have to get out of my comfort zone”.
That's great that she recognizes those weaknesses and wants to work on them. She also took the Fed Cup and what it primarily is for her, a good opportunity to learn and improve. I really like this interview a lot, she seems mature and with her head screwed on the right way.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #2332
country flag supermod

supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of

Sounds good. She knows what she has to improve in the coming months.
supermod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #2333
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #2334
country flag Fury

Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of Fury has much to be proud of

Annika im Tenniswunderland. Mir gefällt ihre positive Einstellung.

Und das ist auch ein interessanter Satz:
Quote:
I hope I can play again (in the next tie against Serbia) in Stuttgart.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #2335
country flag DaMatz

DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future

Sie hat auch schon damals immer eine super Einstellung gehabt. Ihr würde ich es so gönnen, wenn sie ihr Spiel noch weiter zum positiven verbessern könnte.

Immerhin ein WTA-Viertelfinale dieses Jahr und auch so nicht immer gleich sofort ausgeschieden, das hätte auch viel schlimmer starten können .
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 11:12 AM   #2336
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

@BeckAnnika
Today on the way to Indian Wells #excited
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:56 AM   #2337
country flag Schnffy

@BjornPhau
#rotaacademy is getting ready for the @BNPPARIBASOPEN in indian wells @BeckAnnika #robertorlik #jacekszygowski

Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #2338
country flag KatjaS

She will play Bertens in R1 of IW.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #2339
country flag Carsten
Andy!

Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute

Good draw, Bertens is more than beatable!
Carsten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #2340
country flag KatjaS

R2 would be Mona.