Ashleigh Barty - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 09:55 AM   #931
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Pavs rarely plays this well too typical.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 09:56 AM   #932
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Ash out of her league I'm afraid. Chalk it up to experience, it's all a learning curve.
Yes she is not there today

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free mm
Ghty
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 09:57 AM   #933
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
Pavs rarely plays this well too typical.

True but Barty is making it way easy for her by serving this poorly

Ghty
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:05 AM   #934
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
True but Barty is making it way easy for her by serving this poorly

Ghty
Yeah not a good performance at all. Can't figure out the power players just yet.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM   #935
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashleigh Barty

bagelled

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM   #936
country flag guichard

3 matches against top 40 players this year and bagel in each of them. She won 2 sets but not a good sign ...

Ghty
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:12 AM   #937
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Looking on the bright side, they say you learn most from your mistakes, so Ash has a lot of opportunities to learn from this match

Seriously, this isn't a very big deal I don't think. She has very little experience at this level, so it will take some time for her to learn how to handle players like this. Still a great week for her.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:20 AM   #938
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

She just doesn't know how to play the big players yet. They hit winners, so Ash makes errors. No logic.

By nature she's not a grinder or a fighter, she likes dominating from the front, so it's not surprising really. But it's something she has to learn.

Also I hate her return stance. Why does she face the forehand side, feet close together... Makes no sense and something she has to fix.

But, I was waiting for this moment to post something which will cheer you guys up:

binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:23 AM   #939
country flag guichard

Quote:
Looking on the bright side, they say you learn most from your mistakes, so Ash has a lot of opportunities to learn from this match

Seriously, this isn't a very big deal I don't think. She has very little experience at this level, so it will take some time for her to learn how to handle players like this. Still a great week for her.
yes but she was the favorite in her first two matches.

True we have to be patient.

Ghty
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM   #940

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
yes but she was the favorite in her first two matches.

True we have to be patient.

Ghty
Even when you're favorite you still have to win the matches. She's still got it all to do, so we shouldn't count on anything, but there are some encouraging signs I think. She's got such a nice game when it's on, so I really hope she makes the grade. Time will tell.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM   #941
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Even when you're favorite you still have to win the matches. She's still got it all to do, so we shouldn't count on anything, but there are some encouraging signs I think. She's got such a nice game when it's on, so I really hope she makes the grade. Time will tell.
Yes but I guess it's hard to be "on" when you're getting hit off the court.

The key I think is movement, consistency and just general defensive abilities. If she improves in those aspects she will not be under so much pressure right from the start of the match. Then she can play her natural game and be aggressive when it is the right time.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM   #942
country flag guichard

Quote:
Yes , you still have to go out there and execute. It just means you can' t read much into them. She could easily faced those two in Aussies $25K .

But yes all signs point to a good future so we have to be patient and let her develop.

Ghty
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:57 AM   #943
country flag binky-GOAT

Lastly I would like to add:

Getting thrashed, bageled etc. is quite common in the WTA. All it takes is one player playing slightly better and this result is possible. On ATP sets 6-4 can happen even if the winner actually playing much better tennis.

So yeah I wouldn't read much into this. If Ash held her service games better she could have lost 63 63, but really it is almost the same as 62 60 performance wise.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM   #944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Lastly I would like to add:

Getting thrashed, bageled etc. is quite common in the WTA. All it takes is one player playing slightly better and this result is possible. On ATP sets 6-4 can happen even if the winner actually playing much better tennis.

So yeah I wouldn't read much into this. If Ash held her service games better she could have lost 63 63, but really it is almost the same as 62 60 performance wise.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's not even all that uncommon for top 10 players to get bagelled in a set. If Ash is still getting regularly bagelled a year or so further down the track we'll probably have to fear the worst. For the time being I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say it's just inexperience.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM   #945
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's not even all that uncommon for top 10 players to get bagelled in a set. If Ash is still getting regularly bagelled a year or so further down the track we'll probably have to fear the worst. For the time being I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say it's just inexperience.
Why are we agreeing on things now

I also think Ash could learn a lot from Stosur, in terms of work ethic. Like for example in the match warm-ups she never ever hits a single return. She just blocks the ball. I mean would it really hurt her so much to take a swing at a return.

I have seen some of her hitting sessions, and she barely even tries in those. A lot of variety/trick shots and mostly she just pushes the ball with her groundies.

Compared to Sam who hammers her shots even harder in practice Think Ash has to adopt something similar so she's ready when players like Barthel or Pavs are smashing big groundies at her.