Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 142 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #2116
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I believe, no one posted this here.

Steve Flink: Kvitova Reignited
Good article.

These portions of what Mr. Flink wrote, says it all!!

Quote:
Petra Kvitova can be both exhilarating and exasperating. She is an enigma in many ways, an immensely gifted player with a propensity to take control of almost any match she plays, a prodigious shotmaker who can effortlessly release winners off both sides richly and abundantly from any part of the court. She is a dazzling left-hander who leaves opponents befuddled by making improbable shots routinely, and yet this woman can also commit abysmal unforced errors with alarming regularity. She can be her own worst enemy, or an unstoppable force who doesn’t care who happens to be standing on the other side of the net. Kvitova is unexplainable, and that makes her a singularly fascinating performer in the world of women’s tennis.
Quote:
Kvitova played the kind of tennis her most fervent boosters wish she could replicate almost all of the time. She controlled her destiny every time she stepped on the court, left her adversaries bewildered and fundamentally helpless, kept her composure nearly every step of the way.
Quote:
For too long now, she has been wildly unpredictable and infuriating, wasting her great gift for this game, squandering opportunities across the board. The next couple of years are crucial for Petra Kvitova, but the feeling grows that she is closing in on the finest tennis of her career.
I hope Petra senses, realizes this, as much as everyone else seems to!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #2117
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I hope Petra senses, realizes this, as much as everyone else seems to!!
Petra will mature but at her own schedule, most of those journalist who suddenly started to hype her again don't realize that they have a problem, not Petra, it feels like world wants from her 200% dedication right now and nothing less moving forward but she needs to mature on her own term and it will take time, look at Vika how many years she was an outsider and with her style of play she knows she has not that many years left i.e she trains even more hard to keep what she has, while Petra can easily be at the top as long as Serena was just needs to stay healthy, happy with the way she plays and keep prospective on game itself
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2118
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra will mature but at her own schedule, most of those journalist who suddenly started to hype her again don't realize that they have a problem, not Petra, it feels like world wants from her 200% dedication right now and nothing less moving forward but she needs to mature on her own term and it will take time, look at Vika how many years she was an outsider and with her style of play she knows she has not that many years left i.e she trains even more hard to keep what she has, while Petra can easily be at the top as long as Serena was just needs to stay healthy, happy with the way she plays and keep prospective on game itself
True/Well said (even though better coaches and/or advisors, could make Petra come to that realization more quickly, if it ever comes later at all)!

But I certainly know what you mean. And both I and others here (such as Petronius, for example), have said the same/things similar in the past.

We'll see, as we all hang on for the ride.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #2119
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
I share the same opinion, this question is on but Petra has still some time as she is so young. I think Petra is under so much pressure now that she doesn't need to be reminded that she has little time to change everything, too.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #2120
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

Jon Wertheim's comments on http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...liams-mailbag/

You guys just don't cut Petra Kvitova much slack. She has won 10 titles in a few years. She is the only woman born in 1990 or later who holds a Slam title and a WTA Championship. Seven of her 10 were won at Premier events. One at Wimbledon. Hardly a "bubble" player, as you seem to think. She has beaten the pants off Victoria Azarenka four times in a row, and has beaten everyone of note except Serena Williams. And that is coming. She was close in Doha and one point away from running away with the match at Wimbledon last year.
-- Jim Lumpkin, Denver

• Agree and disagree. I think the general regard for Kvitova is quite high. Even the casual observer has to come away impressed with her power, clean ball-striking and left-handed look. When she won Wimbledon in 2011, the response in the salon wasn't, "What a fluke!" It was, "This will be the first of many."
If there's a lack of slack, it represents a frustration that a player with so much talent can lose to the likes of Kristina Mladenovic and Laura Robson and Dominika Cibulkova (6-1, 6-1) and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova -- as Kvitova has this year. And that she hasn't made another Slam final since her Wimbledon breakthrough and has been beyond the quarters only twice. And that she has let a lot of winnable matches slip through her fingers. Martina Navratilova, a Kvitova advocate, often says, "She needs to tighten up her game." Amen.
Again, Kvitova looked like a world beater in Dubai, taking out three top-eight players to win her biggest title in more than a year. One hopes this is the new normal.
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #2121
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic, guys. Pretty impressive Dubai semis coming up: Djoko-Delpo and Berdy-Fed.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #2122
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Yeah, It's irony that I'll miss another match of Berdy vs Fed (I didn't see the last match on USO live) even if I've been watching almost all of his (Berdych's) matches since then especially the big ones.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #2123
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Off topic, guys. Pretty impressive Dubai semis coming up: Djoko-Delpo and Berdy-Fed.
Other than that, the tourney has been cr@p. Just give the trophy to Fakervic

Personally it's boring without Nadal and Murray.

Go Delpo

Edit: Would love if Berdych beat Fed again
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #2124
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Impressive matches but it would be subpar compared to the most hilarious match that already happened there when Jo flopped to Llodra because of ONE bad line call and here i thought he can make a run after Marseille

btw, it would be kinda awesome if Berdych won just for Czech symmetry
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #2125
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
btw, it would be kinda awesome if Berdych won just for Czech symmetry
Back to the glorious days of Navratilova-Lendl domination?

Unfortunately, Martina >>> Petra and Ivan >>>>>>>>> Tomas

But a cool idea nonetheless.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:08 PM   #2126
country flag Petronius

A Czech article hyping Petra.

http://sport.lidovky.cz/svet-chvali-...rt-ostatni_mih

It's basically a compilation of quotes from foreign articles praising Petra. Like that one from espn:

'Petra Kvitova made the Dubai hard court look like a sand box. Kvitova's deep blasts displaced opponents who looked like they were spinning their wheels on sand in a futile effort to gain ground on the 2011 Wimbledon champion.'

BTW, Berdy has just won 2nd set vs. Fed after being robbed by the linesmen
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM   #2127
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's basically a compilation of quotes from foreign articles praising Petra. Like that one from espn:

'Petra Kvitova made the Dubai hard court look like a sand box. Kvitova's deep blasts displaced opponents who looked like they were spinning their wheels on sand in a futile effort to gain ground on the 2011 Wimbledon champion.'

BTW, Berdy has just won 2nd set vs. Fed after being robbed by the linesmen
Yup - Dubai definitely want Federer to win.

Berdy up a break - can he hold it mentally

Well he shanked a MP , can he serve it out or will he choke?

Just give the bloody trophy to cheater/fakervic already

EDIT: Well done Tomas

Now watch him collapse to the cheater/faker

Last edited by PetraReeMona : Mar 1st, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM   #2128
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW, Berdy has just won 2nd set vs. Fed .......
LMAO - typical of your boy Berdy (he only lives for matchups against Olderer

Now watch him getting routined by Eggovic in straight sets during the final
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 06:04 PM   #2129
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Today in czech print MFDnes - interview with Kristian Bajza.
Any czech friend with access to paper and time to post some info?
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 06:07 PM   #2130
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:

It's kinda strange Blesk hasn't started it's own hyping campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraReeMona View Post
EDIT: Well done Tomas

Now watch him collapse to the cheater/faker
Dubai is pretty fast, so he would have a better chance then on blue clay, also confidence boost by beating Rodger again