Petra's Winners from Dubai - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #16
Cookiecrusher

Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future
Re: Petra's Winners from Dubai

Petra

If only she could be more consistent though...

Djokovic Wawrinka Gasquet del Potro

Also good luck to Jankovic, Vesnina, Stosur, Pennetta, Kerber and Halep
Cookiecrusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #17
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Great player, very likable, great natural ability ...if she becomes consistent & able to compete with the likes of Serena, Vika, & Li Na, will soon be one of my favs
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #18
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorpha View Post
She's like Li, Pierce and Davenport combined into one. She can be greater.

Big serve, not afraid of the net, compact forehand and backhand with brilliant shotmaking ability that can stun all opponents, but very prone to errors and not that fast.
The difference between Na and the rest is, Mary, Petra and Lindsay are all big and heavy (Masha as well, though not heavy, but too tall), it's more difficult for them to run from side to side, so they tend to make rallies shorter by hitting heavy and going for the line.

To Na, she actually has good movement, so it's mostly about her personal preference. If only she could learn controlled aggressiveness earlier like she did in RG11. The problem is, her early tennis training is not so thorough and didn't get enough chances to play events when she's young.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·莫娜┣┫·彭帅┣┫·斯隆┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛

Last edited by Boxuan : Feb 27th, 2013 at 06:03 AM.
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #19
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Love these winner filled videos I wonder if one was ever made for Caro. I bet it would be like 4 seconds long
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #20
country flag Offland

Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Ramoray View Post
The difference between Na and the rest is, Mary, Petra and Lindsay are all big and heavy (Masha as well, though not heavy, but too tall), it's more difficult for them to run from side to side, so they tend to make rallies shorter by hitting heavy and going for the line.

To Na, she actually has good movement, so it's mostly about her personal preference. If only she could learn controlled aggressiveness earlier like she did in RG11. The problem is, her early tennis training is not so thorough and didn't get enough chances to play events when she's young.

That's exactly why I don't enjoy tennis nowadays, I find female tennis players too big, too heavy and too much concentrated on a power aspect of the game.It's a bit disappointing! though I'm genuinely happy for Kvitova and want to congratulate her on a new earned title.
Offland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #21
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Kvitty my girl.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #22
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a video of her unforced errors? I bet that one is much longer than this video.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #23
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offland View Post
That's exactly why I don't enjoy tennis nowadays, I find female tennis players too big, too heavy and too much concentrated on a power aspect of the game.It's a bit disappointing! though I'm genuinely happy for Kvitova and want to congratulate her on a new earned title.
True. Same thing happened in ATP when players like Karlovic and Isner showed up and their matches usually end up with tiebreaks after tiebreaks. Back in 90s players like Richard Krajicek and Tod Martin (both 6-6) were considered 'giants'. But what can they do? Making a height/weight restriction is not likely to happen. And the hit-or-miss style may not be entertaining, but sometimes is effective.

Btw, I'm a fan of Petra too. But I do hope her to lose a little weight and improve movement. Dominant players of WTA has never been taller than 5-10 (6-2 in mens' side), which means athleticism and movement is still a pivotal factor in modern tennis.

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #24
country flag Boxuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
Is there a video of her unforced errors? I bet that one is much longer than this video.
At least in Dubai, Petra has postive w/ue stats in most if not all matches.

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #25
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

I think i like the hit-and-miss type of game, it makes them very unpredictable and quite unique in a way. I dont like too much consistency or too much ball bashing. I like the contrast of two styles. One example of a rival that is with two different styles is Federer-Nadal, Seles-Graf, Connors-McEnroe, Azarenka-Kvitova, and alot of matches like that because they are more interesting.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #26
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, things like Sharapova dating Dimitrov, or Clijsters pregnant stay in the GM and this has been moved. You have to love Tennis Forum
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #27
country flag Offland

Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Ramoray View Post
True. Same thing happened in ATP when players like Karlovic and Isner showed up and their matches usually end up with tiebreaks after tiebreaks. Back in 90s players like Richard Krajicek and Tod Martin (both 6-6) were considered 'giants'. But what can they do? Making a height/weight restriction is not likely to happen. And the hit-or-miss style may not be entertaining, but sometimes is effective.

Btw, I'm a fan of Petra too. But I do hope her to lose a little weight and improve movement. Dominant players of WTA has never been taller than 5-10 (6-2 in mens' side), which means athleticism and movement is still a pivotal factor in modern tennis.
Height/weight restrictions are out of the question , it would end in disasterbut as @Deestruction said , hit-or-miss style is pretty entertaining when it meets on court counter-puncher, relying on consistency and effective returns...Unfortunately ,I'm afraid pushers ,counter-punchers wil slowly go extinct or end up pushed aside , though I find their techniques and patience really impressive/admirable.
So far, watching womens tennis is like watching movie in slow-motion...laggy .I wish they were more agile, light footed and creative

Last edited by Offland : Feb 27th, 2013 at 07:58 AM.
Offland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #28
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
No, but there's a box set of your fail threads and that's only the one's that you've started in the past two weeks.
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #29
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

NID that the mods would move this to the player forum. Too many people scandalized by the sight of tennis carnage, the like of which their one-dimensional faves with flawed and limited skillsets could never wreak, but only suffer.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová

Last edited by mac47 : Feb 27th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #30
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Told ya it would piss them off
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote