Donna Vekic - Page 235 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #3511
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Donna said that she'd like to reach top 50 this year. Well, today she was given a chance to witness first hand how well she'll have to play to get there, cause what she faced today (or what I've seen of it) was definately top 50 tennis.

Given the circumstances it's not a disaster, but Donna will surely have to step it up a notch in the coming weeks.
top 50 is about 400 pts away, considering how many tournies she would enter, she needs some deep run, not just bunch of 2nd/3rd round appearances, and has to take the chance in the slams for sure

or to put in the race ranking, she would need around 1000 more pts (currently she has 144)

Last edited by TimeyWimey : Feb 26th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #3512
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, #50 is usually at around 1200 pts which is about 100 pts a month throughout the year or 120 if planning to play 10 months in a year (like many players do). With something like a QF here she could've made close to 100 for February and stay on a good course after a solid January, but things are not looking as pretty now. Hope March brings us something better.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #3513
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
top 50 is about 400 pts away, considering how many tournies she would enter, she needs some deep run, not just bunch of 2nd/3rd round appearances, and has to take the chance in the slams for sure

or to put in the race ranking, she would need around 1000 more pts (currently she has 144)
She has the talent to be in top 50 soon for sure. THE other issue is AER . She has 5 tournaments + Miami and Madrid left until June. Then after June I guess she will play 8-10 until December.

Of course 2 or 3 big runs can make it much easier goal to achieve
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #3514
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Her loss to BMS is especially disappointing because had she won, she probably would have advanced to the QF. That would have given her 70 pts (instead of 1 ) and put her ranking at 80-85.

Oh well, better luck next time!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:50 PM   #3515
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

BMS crushed everyone and is in the finals
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:10 PM   #3516
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. Donna is the one who caused her the more trouble, looking it back. So it's not that bad eventually.
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:24 PM   #3517
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Really bad luck for Donna to have played vs her in such a weak event.
She better have more luck in Miami!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM   #3518
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

yeh, especially for such a weak field.....
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 07:31 PM   #3519
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Learning Curve
Now get 80 points at IW

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 07:37 PM   #3520
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

IW , maybe next year
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM   #3521
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, no IW for Donna. I'm going to Miami on the first Friday, so maybe I'll see her
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:16 PM   #3522
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Still so sad and annoyed about this week. As a seeded player, Donna drew just about the worst possible opponent in R1. Anyone else, and Donna would probably be top 80 or even top 70 as of next week
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:57 PM   #3523
country flag Ajmo

Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice

The time will come...
Ajmo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 04:49 AM   #3524
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Yeah, no IW for Donna. I'm going to Miami on the first Friday, so maybe I'll see her
so she will have to start from qualifying i guess, good luck on your trip
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #3525
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

IMG » WC md
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread