Pac 12 - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #766
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Wow, nice comeback in the 2nd set for Tan. Maybe she should be playing that 4th spot.

The doubles point will be crucial for Stanford this entire season given that they will give up a point in the 6th spot more often than not this season.
Tan is going to need a bigger comeback trailing 2-5 (for the match)
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #767
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

this is intense
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #768
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Tan is fighting!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #769
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Morgan wins it!
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #770
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Tan's comeback falls short. A good showing for Stanford despite the loss.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #771
UFGatorFan

Morgan has been so impressive. Collins got the pub in the fall, but in the spring, this kid has been lights out. That is a huge win for her over Tan. Never heard much about Morgan, didn't think she was highly recruited, but the kid can play. Fantastic match between these 2 two teams. Didn't think the Gators could take 4 singles off that lineup, but they did. I honestly thought 2, 3 and 4 were huge advantage to Stanford going in. And yet Florida won all 3. The streak lives on
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #772
UFGatorFan

At the top spot of the lineup, Nicole Gibbs was in the driver's seat during the third set of her match against Lauren Embree before play was halted.

Really, Stanford website? 3-2, 30-40 is the driver's seat? Man I wish that match had been allowed to finish out. Maybe a preview of NCAA singles finals.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #773
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
At the top spot of the lineup, Nicole Gibbs was in the driver's seat during the third set of her match against Lauren Embree before play was halted.

Really, Stanford website? 3-2, 30-40 is the driver's seat? Man I wish that match had been allowed to finish out. Maybe a preview of NCAA singles finals.
The 3 games before were all breaks, maybe all 5.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #774
UFGatorFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
The 3 games before were all breaks, maybe all 5.
3-3 in the 2nd, there was a total of 1 hold the rest of the match, when Embree held for 5-4. Every game in the 3rd was a break.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #775
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post

Oh I could do was stare up and down at the scorecard, seeing how Gibbs and Embree was trading breaks, there was no telling who was going to win (driver seat? definitely NOT).

I was just hoping that Tan could come back, which she did get the break back but lost her serve and the match. If Tan came back to win that one, then that would have been nice to see or not hear Gibbs and Embree decide the outcome. That would have been an epic match like the last two championships (when Mal won and lost).
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #776
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Fodor, Lumpkin and Manasse are playing IW PQ today.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #777
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

This is just a grumbling about recruiting

For sure USC doesn't boast huge facilities, but they did produce elite players, such as Johnson on men and Sanchez(just got MD WC for IW) on women's side.

AND beat STAN last year at NCAA. I heard it was a decisive factor in recruiting a top player..(but it eventually went to nothing )

And if the players happen to be football nuts, won't the brilliant tradition of USC able to lure them?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #778
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
This is just a grumbling about recruiting

For sure USC doesn't boast huge facilities, but they did produce elite players, such as Johnson on men and Sanchez(just got MD WC for IW) on women's side.

AND beat STAN last year at NCAA. I heard it was a decisive factor in recruiting a top player..(but it eventually went to nothing )

And if the players happen to be football nuts, won't the brilliant tradition of USC able to lure them?
It helps recruiting a top player, but more important than having top players in the #1-#3 slot is having dominent players at #4-#6.
If a team can consistently get two wins from #4-#6 and at least one win from #1-#3 and win the doubles point...that is the formula for winning the NCAA.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #779
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
It helps recruiting a top player, but more important than having top players in the #1-#3 slot is having dominent players at #4-#6.
If a team can consistently get two wins from #4-#6 and at least one win from #1-#3 and win the doubles point...that is the formula for winning the NCAA.
Well of course, UF's winning formula in Alex and Olivia. If you want to beat UF, you have to beat THEM.

The problem is, USC isn't that dominant in lower positions either, as evidenced in recent matches

I want a (tall) ball basher who can dominate the oppponents like Lindsey Nelson

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #780
country flag tie_breaker

Fantic,
Are you ranting that this is USC's best opportunity in such a loooooooong time to win it, but seems like they're so close, yet so far