Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 138 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM   #2056
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Here is a new interview with Petra before the final (in Czezch):
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...ebevedomi.html
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM   #2057
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Here is a new interview with Petra before the final (in Czezch):
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...ebevedomi.html
Love this bit
Quote:
For me it's very important, I can win rallies with Carolina, who returns almost everything and runs down every ball. It calms me down, that I don't needed to play two strokes and proved I can run with her.
Petra outrallied Karo for most of the match
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:59 PM   #2058
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

After the Wozniacki match

------------

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. That must have felt good.
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, yeah, for sure. I mean, I'm really happy that I'm in the final, and I'm really glad how I played today.
Yeah, I mean, it was great match.

Q. What do you think made the difference between you today?

PETRA KVITOVA: Well, you know, we are like different players, and she's trying to turn on a lot and put the balls back. I am the person who is playing aggressively and going for the winners. That's really depends how if I'm missing a lot or no.

Q. Do you feel she stepped up a bit in the second set?

PETRA KVITOVA: Yeah, for sure. I felt like she's trying to play more aggressively. She's going for the big serve, first serve. She tried to play a little bit quicker.

Q. You play Errani in the final. Can you look ahead.

PETRA KVITOVA: Well, we played already some times. You know, she's top‑10 player, and she's trying to play a little bit similar or she's trying to move well. She has a good forehand with a big spin and quite fast on the backhand.
I think that it will tough match tomorrow.

Q. You're clearly playing very well at the moment, some of us think the best you have played for a year or so. If you agree with that, what do you think the reasons are?
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I'm thinking about it doesn't start right now. I think I'm feeling quite well, and I think that the hard work that I did in the off‑season and January, it show on the court finally.
That's something very important to get to my mind and to thinking. It's everything in a good way, and I think that I feel very comfortable.
I played some matches, I practiced a lot, I wasn't injured, so I could practice a lot. That's why maybe I'm like prepared.

Q. When you said "well," did you have sickness as well as loss of fitness? Did you have health issues as well as a fitness issue?
PETRA KVITOVA: Yeah, I think so that it's together. I was quite injured last year, and that was my priority at the beginning of the season, that I would try to be more healthy and prepare for the tournaments what I am. So that's the good sign.

Q. With your style of game, is confidence the most important thing?

PETRA KVITOVA: Yeah, I think so. I mean, of course I have to practice a lot. Then if I'm feeling quite good and I'm feeling the balls and I believe to myself that I can play really good tennis as I played in 2011, for example, that's mean a lot for me, and of course it's important for my confidence.

Q. And when you're playing well, do you feel you can beat anybody?

PETRA KVITOVA: Well, not really. I mean, I'm just thinking about the opponent and the time and not about some other players.

Q. Last year, if I'm not mistaken, perhaps your timing on your forehand was a bit off and it wasn't as strong a shot as it is now. I mean, have you had to rediscover that shot in the past year or so since the Wimbledon victory?
PETRA KVITOVA: You know, I think that it wasn't just like about the one thing. I think that it was everything like together that I had to defend a lot, and I felt the pressure. I think it's like everything together. It's not about one shot.
But anyway, I mean, we are practicing still on everything, and same with my forehand because I know that I can play quite fast from the forehand, and it's my big stroke.

Q. You have beaten the past two Dubai champions in the past two rounds. That must be a good sign ahead of tomorrow.
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, for sure, but every match is different. Same tomorrow. I think Sara had great results in the past, so I think, you know, she played quite well today. She beat Petrova yesterday. I think there will be a tough match tomorrow.

Q. You said the other day you have changed your fitness program. Are you feeling the benefits of that already?
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I'm trying not thinking a lot about it, because I did it and my body was quite confused from this.
So I'm trying to be just on the court and not thinking a lot like what I changed and what I didn't. So, I mean, that still need some time to set up and then to show on the game.

Q. Do you mind my asking what you meant by your body was confused? It reacted badly to the training, or...
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I try to explain it. I mean, yeah, I'm trying to be more like stronger on my legs, for example, and to have like stronger muscles. That's why I can be more quicker, for example, and to stay quite low for the fast shots.
So, I mean, that's something what I didn't like do in the past. And I'm trying ‑‑ you know, I'm still thinking about the worst position what I had before, so now I'm trying to have the good position, and that's why I'm like quite confused. I hope that it's okay right now.

Q. How is playing in Dubai different from playing any other city?

PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I mean, I'm playing ‑‑I don't remember the last tournaments. I mean, this year what I heard is changed the surface a little bit.
But anyway, I mean, I think that all outdoor tournaments are very similar, but, you know, the crowd and the atmosphere here is very nice. I'm enjoying every moment on the center court and on the tournament, sure.
I mean, I didn't have a chance to go somewhere. I'm still playing in the night, so I can't go anywhere during the day.

Q. Anywhere you want to go specifically?
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I don't have really a specific place because I didn't have time. So maybe if I will, I find something.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #2059
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Fresh interview on idnes.cz

http://sport.idnes.cz/kvitova-vyhral...81456_tenis_ma
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #2060
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I do not want people to think that I'm going to win everything! The tournament victory is beautiful, but does not mean that from now on everything will be just fine. It's a long way to go
Therein lies the problem. As we've said previously, she feels pressurised to win everything. She worries too much about what people think. Hopefully, she'll overcome that soon
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #2061
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraReeMona View Post
Therein lies the problem. As we've said previously, she feels pressurised to win everything. She worries too much about what people think. Hopefully, she'll overcome that soon
Agree that she's very sensitive to pressure from home media but I think this is right counter move from her to stop over hyping, she knows she has to improve in order to be at the highest level but she doesn't want media to go nuts after winning Dubai
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #2062
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

A quick summary of the idnes.cz interview:

Satisifed mainly with her movement, ability to play aggressive and finishing off points at the net, serve still needs some work though

Was encouraged by her performance against Serena

Some shoulder problem, played under pain killers, hopes Czech docs will fix it

The tape on her leg was mainly a prevention

Believes there won't be any asthma problems at IW/Miami.

Miami may be hot and humid but Dubai was also not perfect for an asthma-sufferer. She prefers night/evening sessions.

Last edited by Petronius : Feb 24th, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #2063
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
A quick summary of the idnes.cz interview:

Satisifed mainly with her movemement, ability to play aggressive and finishing off points at the net, serve still needs some work though

Was encouraged by her performance against Serena

Some shoulder problem, played under pain killers, hopes Czech docs will fix it

The tape on her leg was mainly a prevention

Miami may be hot and humid but Dubai was also not perfect for an asthma-sufferer. She prefers night/evening sessions.
thanks for the recap Petronius!

does petra specify what kind of shoulder problem it is? is it an injury or just very sore?

also, has she finally found a solution to her asthma problems to the humidity then based on what she's saying?
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #2064
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
thanks for the recap Petronius!

does petra specify what kind of shoulder problem it is? is it an injury or just very sore?

also, has she finally found a solution to her asthma problems to the humidity then based on what she's saying?
Sorry no specification, but considering that she took painkillers it's probably a 'very sore' rather than an injury.

Don't know about asthma, but I know that she was hit by it severely - and unexpectedly - in Brisbane and the early loss there also undermined her confidence in Sydney.

She should really find the best medical help there is, she's a rich woman.

Last edited by Petronius : Feb 24th, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #2065
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraReeMona View Post
Agreed.

Petra doesn't always say this stuff to be coy. It's deeper than that. That's where a different/more, better team and/or advisors come in.

They could show Petra how to cope with the challenges and expectations of winning big tournaments, majors, greatness or being #1. They can also help simplify everything in general, cause they "Been There, Done That already!".

A lot of potentially great young players (more than we often realize, as we discussed the other day), didn't start out embracing the expectations and pressure of big time winning right away. However, new advisors, coaching and/or maturity, eventually helped them overcome that. That's where a Martina Nav, Pavel Slozil, or even a Lendl could come in (along with some other things, like hitting partners, better practice regimen, court tactics, goal setting, being confident and expecting to win, even with no/less form, etc.).

Let's hope Petra doesn't shy away from the challenges too often in the future? Cause the level and display of tennis she showed last week, needs to be seen, numerous time again this season.

Petra's just gotta worry about being better/the best, and be damned (as you indicated) with what the press thinks or expects from her. She should be her own toughest critic, as she used to say in 2011!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #2066
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Unrealistic hope (Dubai can be hot, but not humid. So not the same thing as Miami).

As for Indian Wells, that might be problematic NOT for her health but for her game. Reason: high desert wind.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #2067
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

I think Petra will be fine at Indian Wells.

People have this perception that Petra can't play on outdoor hardcourts, due to no legitimate reason other than happen-stance (Middle East and N.America in the past for various reasons).

Petra was also comfortable playing on Indoor Hardcourts, due to her Prostojev experiences, and that just added to the hysteria. But if you noticed, as of late, Petra's performed better (i.e., won tournaments) on outdoor hard courts, than indoor ones?

Nonetheless, Petra has a good serve toss, and her high velocity ground strokes should penetrate the wind, more than her competitors. And obviously, you don't worry about painting the lines as finely, when it's windy. She'll cope.

Remember, Dubai was windy this week (along with the usual light air, making the ball travel farther/faster). And of course we can't forget, Petra made the finals of the all time windy Eastbourne in 2011. That was a joke of a tournament--weather wise. I've seen her play in other windy tournaments and excel as well.

No. I wouldn't worry about that at all. If she loses, it will probably be for other reasons, unless the wind is just horrendous, and Petra doesn't bring her head or form to the game.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #2068
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra Kvitova enters Katowice!
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499761
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #2069
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Would be interesting if Kvitty and Kookie reached the final with Kookie beating Vinci in the semis. Who would then be Czech No. 2 for Fed Cup, Lucie or Klara ?
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #2070
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Would be interesting if Kvitty and Kookie reached the final with Kookie beating Vinci in the semis. Who would then be Czech No. 2 for Fed Cup, Lucie or Klara ?
I think Pala will sack Andi to put Kookie with Hradecka as doubles pair and if Lucie screws first tie he will put Kookie on 2nd day instead of her, tho maybe he will sack all of them and it will be Errani\Vinci with Petra\Kookie in singles and double I'm more then sure if doubles would be deciding tie Roberta\Sara will be playing just as they were vs US