Your tennis results?! - Page 81 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #1201
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Sounds great ^, a five-set match . What sort of level do you play at?
Thank you, it was great to get back on the court again after a while away from it. I play in some local tournaments but nothing more than that. I don't want to fool you into thinking I am amazing, because it's really quite the opposite.

While I'm still young, I might as well play as many long matches as I can. I for one love playing best of five, I don't get the problem of losing motivation and interest after an hour or two of playing.

I take it from the surprised tone of your post that you don't ever play best of five? I don't think many do, to be honest.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM   #1202
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Had like the worst day ever
Lost doubles 61, lost singles 61 61, played so shit i played like Jarmugla
And even bad news for my team, finals is in 3 weeks
2 are injured, 1 is gonna be away, so it's only me and my couz left
Probably now will have to forfeit in the finals

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:34 AM   #1203
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Won singles 6-3 6-4! Lost doubles but idgaf.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM   #1204
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Won singles 6-3 6-4! Lost doubles but idgaf.

Lost my school single 4-6 today from 1-5 down, it was really tight. And to a girl I apparently grunted at times in the match I screamed after losing the MP I netted the easiest backhand drive volley put away
Then won 7-5 6-1 redeeming myself. Doubles is irrelevant.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM   #1205
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Another Saturday, another pair of losses. 0 and 3 in singles, and 9-8 in doubles (and 8-8 in doubles, a STB is played)

I feel better than I did last week though. I deserved to lose this week because between this and last Saturday I didn't practice. I had a sore knee and had no motivation anyway.

Set 1 was a non-contest. I was shaking off rust. Set 2 up to a point could've gone either way. I held after a ton of deuces to level 3-3 in set 2, but after that it fell apart. My serve was awful due to no practice. Maybe if I was better practiced I could've turned things around. Alas.

Bottom line is I beat myself again . But I'm gonna get back to normal practice now.

In set 2 I hit this one FH return winner that wasn't hit hard but perfectly timed. My CC backhand was also good at times. I do have shots. Alas, having shots doesn't always mean much. I know I'll get there someday. I sometimes forget I've only been playing against other people since late last year. I had lessons for a couple of years before that, but didn't play any matches.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1206
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
I tried to play a USTA 4.0 tournament today without having played since October... Needless to say it wasn't pretty.

Lost the first 10 games, before I decided screw it, just swing away god damnit. I ended up losing 0-6, 6-7 (2).

So, pretty happy to have not been double bageled from 0-6, 0-4, but frustrated I played my B game, and C game before I started my A game.

Without confidence of playing I was loopy mcfail pants for the first set with a ton of sitters my opponent was just crushing. I tries Cohen style moonballing which helped me won the first two points before getting figured out. Then with nothing to lose, and 8 points from a double bagel I just hit the ball and bashed my way into it, which is what I do.

After fighting off MPs in the 12th game to go to a tie break, I lost the plot and got defensive and promptly lost, with a failed drop shot return on MP. :/

It was fun to play though.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:35 PM   #1207
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Another Saturday, another pair of losses. 0 and 3 in singles, and 9-8 in doubles (and 8-8 in doubles, a STB is played)

I feel better than I did last week though. I deserved to lose this week because between this and last Saturday I didn't practice. I had a sore knee and had no motivation anyway.

Set 1 was a non-contest. I was shaking off rust. Set 2 up to a point could've gone either way. I held after a ton of deuces to level 3-3 in set 2, but after that it fell apart. My serve was awful due to no practice. Maybe if I was better practiced I could've turned things around. Alas.

Bottom line is I beat myself again . But I'm gonna get back to normal practice now.

In set 2 I hit this one FH return winner that wasn't hit hard but perfectly timed. My CC backhand was also good at times. I do have shots. Alas, having shots doesn't always mean much. I know I'll get there someday. I sometimes forget I've only been playing against other people since late last year. I had lessons for a couple of years before that, but didn't play any matches.
It'll come together, and when it does the confidence that you get from that can propel you to a higher level even.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:22 PM   #1208
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

I had a good match today against a guy at the club. Won 7-6 (8-6),6-4 in a match that we both played well in overall.

I started badly though, getting broken in the first game, making too many errors from the baseline. After he won his service game to love in a simular way i decided to switch up and go into serve volley mode. It worked, as i managed to get back into the match, and at 3-4 i broke back. It was back and fourth until the tiebreak, where he raced into a 4-0 lead. at 4-1 he double faulted, and his serve broke down. It allowed me back in, and i won the tiebreak 8-6.

The 2nd set started where the first left off with me on top. I broke in the 1st game, and focused on holding till the end. I did and picked up a good win.

At the net he jokingly said "you think you're Pete Sampras you". I just laughed, and said "i wish".

Managed to get back in time for the Tsonga match, so i'm happy.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1209
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

On Wednesday I lost 1-6 4-6 6-1 3-6 against my friend.

Today in the league matches, I won the singles 6-0 6-1 and the doubles 7-5 6-3. Great day overall, really happy with my team and how I was integrated into the set-up after a long time out.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #1210
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #1211
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Won 6-4 6-1 against a friend. Slow start.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1212
country flag Domo19

Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold

Last week win double tournament
Q1: 6/0 6/0
Q2: 6/0 6/0
R1: 6/0 6/0
R2: 6/4 5/7 10/3
QF: 6/2 6/0
SF: 6/4 6/4
F: 6/2 7/5

Unfortunately lost in Q1 of singles : 6/1 4/6 5/7 had 4/2 in 2nd set and 3/0 in 3rd .. need brain

Have some stats only from singles : 17 aces 14 DF's 1st serve %in: 45% winning after 1st% 94% after 2nd: 26%
Thanks mom your stats are the best :*

Next week new tournament wish me luck

Last edited by Domo19 : Feb 26th, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Domo19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1213
country flag SloaneStephens

SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light

Played a five set match at our local tennis club, I won

4-6, 7-6 (2), 6-7 (5), 6-0, 6-0. It took a mere 2 hours and 6 minutes to complete with the final two sets only lasting a little under half an hour. My opponent was tired by the end. I served very well the whole match, especially in the tiebreaks, but he upped his return game and won the 3rd set TB. Also didn't concede a break point opportunity being 7/7 after coming back from 4-1 down in the first. I had a good game at 3-0 in the 4th set where I aced him on all 4 points. First time I've done that in a long time. My movement was good, it was on a slippy hard court and I like sliding so getting to some tight balls was no trouble. My slice was also effective. My weakness though was probably my inside-out return which I normally love to hit.

Last edited by SloaneStephens : Feb 28th, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
SloaneStephens is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1214
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

I just got hammered 6-0 6-0 (my first match of the year) again by this guy who I played a few months ago to the same scoreline. I say hammered, but I could not return his massive serve much, or keep my own ball in. I've lost all confidence in my movement, backhand and forehand, and surprised my serve held up as much as it did. I can only remember 2 good shots I hit today when he pulled me wide and when I sliced back he hit a drop shot next to the net and I had to run and split to reach it for a cross court slice winner, and a backhand winner I hit at the net. I used to play quite regularly but this is only the 6th time in 6 months, the other times I've played the most games I've won have been 4 in a set but ususally I am just getting bagelled or breadsticks. I know I have to play more to regain my game and confidence but it's hard as there's not many I know who play, and the few I do play regularly (this guy plays like 3 times a week) and it's hard for me to want to play him again when I can't win a game anymore I honestly feel like hanging up the racket

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 04:30 AM   #1215
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

I work at a tennis club and they needed mens players so I am making a little comeback after injuries and business of college. I have played 2 3.5 singles matches for my club in the past month. Lost 6-2,6-2 at no.1 while playing extremely hungover and lost 6-4,3-6,1-0(5-4) at no.2. I have a 3.5 and a 4.0 singles match back to back Sunday. Ill post my results then!
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote