INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #181
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
Have you seen Petra's last three matches , her forehand is just insane and she has been consistent with that shot the whole week. She took Rena to a third set and was close to winning .

Maria can't cope with that kind of power and precision when she's playing her pusherlike tennis. She just can't.
Yup. Petra on fire is Maria's nightmare... The list is getting longer and longer - Petra, Li, Serena, Vichka, Aga... Who else??? I should maybe stay away from SS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #182
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Yea I've always been jittery about Petra, but if there's anything that's going for Maria, it's that Petra seems to have a mental block against her, which to me seems to be the deal-breaker most of the time. (See Maria vs Serena )

I do agree that Maria is so power-pusher mode against Serena in Doha though Topspin groundstrokes to the middle
That's how she's playing most of her matches nowadays. High percentage game, even though she's still making to many UEs

I want Maria to play and win Birmingham, Stanford and Seoul

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #183
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Yup. Petra on fire is Maria's nightmare... The list is getting longer and longer - Petra, Li, Serena, Vichka, Aga... Who else??? I should maybe stay away from SS.
The only players who can beat Maria at her best are those who can serve better than her and handle her for her from the baseline, like Serena, Petra and Na, mainly ballbashers having a good day! She'll never lose to a purely defensive player if she's playing near her best level.

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #184
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
lol wut?
Masha handles slow ballbashers just fine - you only need to check her record against the likes of Davenport to see that she pretty much owns these types. It's those with firepower and movement which give her trouble all the time (Williams, cough cough). Apart from that fluke Wimby title, which Maria pretty much gifted to KvittyGOAT anyway with her sloppy all-arround play, she has a tight grip on this matchup. She also blows Vuvurenka off the court IF she is serving well and is hitting her forehand like a boss. Get real for once
Petra played fantastic in that Wimbledon final. You should get real. Have you seen her match against Radwanska and especially that first set against Errani, Petra was just unstoppable. If Maria is not attacking and decides to defend against Petra she will lose.

The good thing is that the clay season is approaching, but what if Maria fails this year on clay , what will there be left .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #185
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Well, there are two sides of every coin, she may cause ones for Aza as well, plus Masha found a clue how to play against Petra
That is what I want to happen, especially at IW and Miami, for Vika to face Petra more often. Petra owns Vika when she is on fire.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #186
country flag JoPova

Quote:
Petra played fantastic in that Wimbledon final. You should get real. Have you seen her match against Radwanska and especially that first set against Errani, Petra was just unstoppable. If Maria is not attacking and decides to defend against Petra she will lose.

The good thing is that the clay season is approaching, but what if Maria fails this year on clay , what will there be left .
Maria could've won that Wimbledon final, but she lost so much confidence on her serve that she kept double faulting and hitting weak second serves that Petra was ready to smash. Had she served well, Maria could've taken it to a third, putting more pressure on Petra. She was decent off the ground, but she couldn't hold her serve. Maria wasted a big chance. I don't think she could've beaten Vika at the AO. She was just too good and Maria sucked at everything that day.

If she doesn't win a title on clay... Is Serena playing Stuttgart?

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #187
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

You guys need to be positive. What happened to the Keep Calm and something trend?
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #188
country flag JoPova

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
You guys need to be positive. What happened to the Keep Calm and something trend?
I missed the keep calm week because of exams

But you're right! Two tournaments and two SFs is fine. I must confess that, if Serena had won Doha, I probably wouldn't be freaking out as much as I am now

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #189
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I do not put all my hopes on clay. She needs to get herself together on HC ASAP.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #190
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

The hype about the non-existing Kvitova-Azarenka 'rivalry'

Vika is light years ahead of the rest of the tour (apart from Serena). There is no way Petra would beat her now

Keep dreaming girls
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #191
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Maria needs to win this title . Serena is not here.

I'm afraid at how good Kvitova is playing lately . She might give Maria trouble again.

F: Maria def. Azarenka 6-1,6-2
Oh sure, considering this is outdoor HC, Azarenka will struggle to win a single game
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #192
country flag Fighterpova

As for Petra, the three titles she won in the last 2 years (Montreal, New Haven and Dubai) she hasn't beaten any of the Top 3 and was abysmal after that

I mean remember USO when everyone was like omgusofavorite and she ate a bagel to Bartoli of all people

However, I am jealous that she is able to win titles because she participate in normal tour events unlike Masha who only plays the biggest events

It wouldn't hurt Masha to add 2 smaller tournaments like Paris and Birmingham/Eastbourne to her schedule
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #193
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
The hype about the non-existing Kvitova-Azarenka 'rivalry'

Vika is light years ahead of the rest of the tour (apart from Serena). There is no way Petra would beat her now

Keep dreaming girls

The fck?
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #194
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post

The fck?
it's just FighterPova, pay no mind here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #195
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
it's just FighterPova, pay no mind here
Ok please explain to me then why is Serena the only person that can beat her at a Slam/huge event then lately?

Sorry for being 'Fighterpova' but I didn't see Vika flop the AO or Doha(where she faced Serena). Maybe the wise madmax thinks 'Vuvurenka' is a talentless cheater-mug, but maybe he should watch more tennis

Sit yo ass down.