Rebecca Marino calls time on her tennis career. - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 03:48 PM   #121
country flag Shuji Shuriken
Team WTAworld

Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rebecca Marino calls time on her tennis career.

Had so much hope for this bitch . But take it easy Becs . Hope you decide to come back sometime after you sort yourself out...

Brandysan's Keeper

l[l

Venussan #1 Fan
Serenasan Warrior Princess

http://www.myspace.com/keimodarkheart
Shuji Shuriken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 08:36 PM   #122
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
OK. So this is what we need to tell people who are dealing with depression. I get ya.

What a moronic statement.

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 08:38 PM   #123
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:22 PM   #124
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

People really need to understand its not enough to say "be brave" or "dont care about XY". If we are talking about real depression, its illness. Those things others might see as a "weak persona" are actually symptoms, not something you can control by yourself.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:46 AM   #125
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a stupid reason to retire, not trying to be mean but it seems like she needs some psychological help if she lets things like that affect her this much. Anyway, hope she gets her problems sorted out and maybe come back someday, she had potential!
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:14 AM   #126
country flag sfrasch

sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice sfrasch is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoles2005 View Post
I feel bad for Becca. A lot of people have been hard on here in these forums (myself included) have been rather harsh on her. With the absence of Wozniak due to injury in 2010 and 2011 she really did make a name for herself by making a WTA Final and reaching that high of 39 in the world. Having battled depression and suicidal thoughts myself in the past, I can certainly relate to where she is coming from. When something that you love turns into an obligation and a chore then really, what is the use of continuing? I certainly support Rebecca and the decisions that she has made to take some time away so that she can find herself and really discover what she's passionate about. She's only 22, she's so young and has a lot of time yet. Perhaps she will return, Perhaps she won't but either way, when the spotlight is on you, especially in Canada with pressure placed on you, then sometimes it is isolating, you can have the best support system in the world around you, but they can't control your thoughts or actions, so you still feel alone, and you just want out. The grind of tour life isn't for Rebecca and that's fine. That's her decision! No one else's. So I say let her do what she wants, and let her find herself, she doesn't need to justify herself to anyone, and I think the harsh comments on here judging her really don't have any relevance, we have no right to judge her or the decisions she makes. I say go Becca! I hope she's happy in whatever she decides to do.
fantastic 😊 couldn't have said it better!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
sfrasch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #127
country flag sonic

sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light sonic is a glorious beacon of light

it's hard to delite facebook profil , it's easyer to stop playing tennis ...what a stupid??

CROATIA POWER in 2013

Karolina Sprem - Mirjana Lucic - Jelena Kostanic - Jelena Pandzic - Nika Ozegovic - Ivana Abramovic - Maria Abramovic - Ana Vrljic - Darija Jurak - Ivana Lisjak - Indire Akiki - Donna Vekic - Ana Savic - Marina Eakovic
sonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:10 PM   #128
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Wow, what a stupid reason to retire, not trying to be mean but it seems like she needs some psychological help if she lets things like that affect her this much. Anyway, hope she gets her problems sorted out and maybe come back someday, she had potential!
Depression is a stupid reason to retire?

Do you people even read whole threads, or just pick the opening post to base your replies on?
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:34 PM   #129
country flag KarlyM*

KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of KarlyM* has much to be proud of

I hope Rebecca gets the help she needs to treat her depression and is happy with whatever she chooses to do career-wise.
KarlyM* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:58 PM   #130
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
how can it be a stupid reason if she needs psychological help?

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #131
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Shame.. she really was very talented and I thought she was going to make it big with her huge groundstrokes.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #132
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

She confesses she's had suicidal thoughts and that she is on medication to regulate her moods
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #133
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought she would be at least top 20 Good luck to her hoping she gets better.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #134
country flag Potapovushina
Losing sensation for you my love I fear

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
She confesses she's had suicidal thoughts and that she is on medication to regulate her moods
Really? Poor girl Didn't think it was that serious
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #135
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
how can it be a stupid reason if she needs psychological help?
Because the solution to this problem, is to get the help she needs and/or get away from the problematic media (facebook, twitter etc.), Not retire and give up on her actual passion
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic View Post
it's hard to delite facebook profil , it's easyer to stop playing tennis ...
there
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote