Top Five players - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:50 PM   #46
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Top Five players

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
LOL, get off your coach and not take it so seriously, you guys are hilarious. This thread is about who they want to be in the top 5 by the end of the year, that's it. It is subjective, you two are taking this too seriously.
How right you are, and how I hate pedantic pontificating.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #47
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCS View Post
She's not Agatha
Right, she is not top5 player atm and her Wibledon title and h2h against Aga doesn't change that fact.

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:07 PM   #48
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZVETI83 View Post
That is no problem, its good that we have different opinions, that way it makes for a much more interesting discussion.
good point

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:52 PM   #49
country flag Danny Lai

Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice Danny Lai is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
At their best

Serena Williams
Maria Sharapova
Petra Kvitova
Li Na
Victoria Azarenka
Danny Lai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:28 PM   #50
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZVETI83 View Post
Hopefully by the end of the year the top five can consist of

Serena Williams
Azarenka
Kvitova
Sharapova
Li

By far the best and most dangerous opponents on the tour.

Who do you think are the current top five when at their best?
Hope I'm the only one, but looks like a lotta posters were confused about your top 5. Next time be specific about what you're looking for; top 5 in the last decade? top 5 of their generation, top 5 in the last 5 yrs, or top 5 in 2012 or 2013?
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:02 PM   #51
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
LOL, get off your coach and not take it so seriously, you guys are hilarious. This thread is about who they want to be in the top 5 by the end of the year, that's it. It is subjective, you two are taking this too seriously.
Oh really then...

okay...you asked for it...

1) Kimiko Date-Krumm
2) Monica Niculescu
3) Yaroslava Shvedova
4) Magdalena Rybarikova
5) Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez

Subjective enough for you?

I guess now a bunch of posters will laugh saying not in a million years etc, like I give a damn. Hey, I know it ain't happening. But fact is, as I made clear in my 1st post I'm cool with whatever happens, even if it means shriekers Sharapova and Azarenka finishing in the top 5.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:09 PM   #52
country flag Sloejelly

Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold

What I would like:

Stosur
Li
Bartoli
A Radwanska
Schiavone (yeah, RIGHT!)

What I actually think:
S Williams
Azarenka
Kvitova
A Radwanska
Kerber

(those lists in no particular order).
Sloejelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:11 PM   #53
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloejelly View Post
What I would like:

Stosur
Li
Bartoli
A Radwanska
Schiavone (yeah, RIGHT!)

What I actually think:
S Williams
Azarenka
Kvitova
A Radwanska
Kerber

Kerber, Radwanska and Kvitova over Maria. Good one
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #54
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

IMO
1. Serena Williams
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Petra Kvitova
5. Li Na/ A.Radwanska
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:18 PM   #55
country flag Alexander18

Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Oh really then...

okay...you asked for it...

1) Kimiko Date-Krumm
2) Monica Niculescu
3) Yaroslava Shvedova
4) Magdalena Rybarikova
5) Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez

Subjective enough for you?

I guess now a bunch of posters will laugh saying not in a million years etc, like I give a damn. Hey, I know it ain't happening. But fact is, as I made clear in my 1st post I'm cool with whatever happens, even if it means shriekers Sharapova and Azarenka finishing in the top 5.
You fail to grasp the point of this thread and took it far too seriously yet again.

The point of the OP was to see who people thought were the 5 best players on tour when they are at their best (based on current standards I suppose, and not, for example saying Venus Williams due to her success in the early 2000s). It's clear that you don't actually believe that those are the 5 strongest players on tour even if they are your favorites or players you happen to enjoy.

I don't really understand the point of you posting here since you either A) take it too seriously or B) make a joke of it when you actually list 5 players.
Alexander18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:18 PM   #56
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloejelly View Post
What I would like:

Stosur
Li
Bartoli
A Radwanska
Schiavone (yeah, RIGHT!)

What I actually think:
S Williams
Azarenka
Kvitova
A Radwanska
Kerber

I think you should have listed Sharapova in that group. There is a reason she has 5 slams.
crescentmoon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:30 PM   #57
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Kerber, Radwanska and Kvitova over Maria. Good one
You are right. In terms of achievments, Maria is surely above Petra. Maria has had only very bad luck in last years finals, otherwise great competitor and full-slamm-collection owner.
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:32 PM   #58
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
You fail to grasp the point of this thread and took it far too seriously yet again.

The point of the OP was to see who people thought were the 5 best players on tour when they are at their best (based on current standards I suppose, and not, for example saying Venus Williams due to her success in the early 2000s). It's clear that you don't actually believe that those are the 5 strongest players on tour even if they are your favorites or players you happen to enjoy.

I don't really understand the point of you posting here since you either A) take it too seriously or B) make a joke of it when you actually list 5 players.
I see...and this is such an important thread that I need to find that right balance in the middle.

Hmmm.....

Nope...no can do. Much too difficult for me. I'm going to have to get off here...
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:33 PM   #59
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
I think you should have listed Sharapova in that group. There is a reason she has 5 slams.
*cough*4...

I would like it to be
Serena
Vika
Maria
Petra
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:40 PM   #60
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post
*cough*4...

I would like it to be
Serena
Vika
Maria
Petra
Venus
I'm not tryimg to get into your business but do you really think Venus is going to suddenly start winning slams again? In place of Venus I would pick Li Na because I think she has the potential more than Venus at this stage.
crescentmoon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote