INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:02 PM   #136
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

So many question marks going into this tournament. Maria is dismissing the lower ranked opponents with ease, but she has flopped against the top players so far. She even won more games against Serena than against Na It just doesn't seem right!
Everybody has already picked up a title at least, while Maria's drought is 8 months long

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:31 PM   #137
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe she hasn't won a title since Roland Garros.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:33 PM   #138
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Can't believe she hasn't won a title since Roland Garros.
I'll make it worse: even Rafa won a title before her since RG. Let's all hug together.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:46 PM   #139
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

She should have won that SF against Li Na, that's it.
Iblis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:58 PM   #140
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Can't wait for Maria to begin her 2013 IW campaign!

10 hours on 10 matches, it's almost as if 2013 hasn't started for Maria yet.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:10 PM   #141
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
She should have won that SF against Li Na, that's it.
Not only this year's Aussie semi, but the 2011 French semi, as well, are two of the most baffling performances of Maria's career when you consider how much was at stake and the fact that her opponent is a notorious mental midgit when pressure is applied on her.

A year and a half since a hard court title and 8 months since any title. At what point will it be time to panic?
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:14 PM   #142
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Na is a tough match up for her, but she really should've played and competed better in the SF at the AO, especially after Na beat her in the SF at RG in 2011.

I wish Maria played a couple of MMs just to increase the number of tournament wins and update our trophy thread

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM   #143
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

MTE.. I share the opinion with all of you. She is consistent, but she isn't winning trophies and it stings a bit.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:52 PM   #144
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Agree with pretty much everything above. Hopefully, she can prove us wrong in IW. I mean, she has more than enough time to work on her game, and improve things that are obviously not working.

Oh, and I started watching some tennis highlights ('cause live tennis kind of sucks atm ), and I realized how bad Maria's hitting to the middle actually is. I mean, I even got myself to watch highs of 2011 Wimbledon final () where Petra was playing insanely good, but still Maria made that possible with some of her balls

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM   #145
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

she missed A LOT of chances of winning so many titles
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM   #146
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Li's first title after the 2011 FO was Cincinnati 2012

I desperately want a non-clay title. She is 3-12 in non clay finals since comeback and she has lost 11 of her last 16 finals
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:13 PM   #147
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

She really should sign up for like 2 smaller events like Paris and Birmingham and win them
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #148
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post

I desperately want a non-clay title. She is 3-12 in non clay finals since comeback and she has lost 11 of her last 16 finals
Ouch.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:29 PM   #149
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

On the bright side it's only the beginning of 2013 and it could be the eye before the storm. Slaypova may return.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:05 PM   #150
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post

Yep, overall, she had a steller 19-7 record in finals before her surgery.

And now an 8-12 finals record since. And let's not even mention all the semifinals she's lost as well.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote