Going East for Success (February Thread) - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #286
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Via Matt Barbarin

Kvitova about Ivanovic: "A lots of players can be in Top 8, but i definitely think Ana's coming back. She's very dangerous for us."
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #287
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

How did she play guys? Most seem happy cos she played well. Not gonna lie, eventhough I didn't watch the match, this really stings. I was gutted when I saw the result, still am. Same story I guess, plays a top player, pushes them close, crumbles at the crucial moment
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #288
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry. View Post
How did she play guys? Most seem happy cos she played well. Not gonna lie, eventhough I didn't watch the match, this really stings. I was gutted when I saw the result, still am. Same story I guess, plays a top player, pushes them close, crumbles at the crucial moment
Here's the video.

She played well when she was down, from 5-1 to 5-5 or so. The tb was horrible. I mean, it's nothing new, we know she's capable of playing great tennis, but she plays her worst tennis in crucial moments, so...
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 06:03 AM   #289
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Here's the video.

She played well when she was down, from 5-1 to 5-5 or so. The tb was horrible. I mean, it's nothing new, we know she's capable of playing great tennis, but she plays her worst tennis in crucial moments, so...
Thank you! Gosh she played so well Asderaki is shitlisted for life. What the fuck was the thinking? Like I said, I'm proud of how hard she fought. But the fact she lost yet again in straights makes me sad And like you said, she just can't produce in the big moments.

Really reminds me of 2010 actually. She had those two close losses to Aga in Miami and Stuttgart and everyone was very encouraged. Then she finally got that big win against Vika in Rome. Again when she was struggling after a little. Beat Kleybs in Stanford, lost to Bartoli, then Peer in San Diego. Was so close in both matches. And I remember her saying how she's playing good tennis and that she just needed to bring her best at the key moment and win one of these big matches. Then she got that win over Vika in Cincy and went on to have an amazing end to thee year. She just needs that breakthrough win so desperately. Indian Wells? Fingers crossed. And crossed hard.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM   #290
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you! Gosh she played so well Asderaki is shitlisted for life. What the fuck was the thinking? Like I said, I'm proud of how hard she fought. But the fact she lost yet again in straights makes me sad And like you said, she just can't produce in the big moments.

Really reminds me of 2010 actually. She had those two close losses to Aga in Miami and Stuttgart and everyone was very encouraged. Then she finally got that big win against Vika in Rome. Again when she was struggling after a little. Beat Kleybs in Stanford, lost to Bartoli, then Peer in San Diego. Was so close in both matches. And I remember her saying how she's playing good tennis and that she just needed to bring her best at the key moment and win one of these big matches. Then she got that win over Vika in Cincy and went on to have an amazing end to thee year. She just needs that breakthrough win so desperately. Indian Wells? Fingers crossed. And crossed hard.
But she had some wins over top 10 players, wins over Kvitova, Bartoli, JJ, Woz, Zvonareva. It didn't help her that much. I thought that those matches against Aga in 2010 were encouraging, but she never won a set against Aga after those matches. She needs to change her way of thinking, no breakthrough result will help, she's been in this situation for almost 5 years. A big win could mean a lot to a junior, but in her case it just doesn't work. I hoped for that breakthrough win for years, but even after some of her best wins, she didn't improve significantly. She would beat Woz and Marion and shit her pants against Venus, for example.

I'm glad she didn't get destroyed against Kvitty, but I can't say this is encouraging if she can play well only when she's losing. She's shitting her pants at 5-5 in R2 of Dubai against the player she beat 3 months ago. Now imagine her in the SF of RG against Azarenka.
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:03 AM   #291
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
I don't fancy her chances of defending her SF points in IW. As long as she stays healthy and improves a little bit, her chance to breakthrough will come on clay this year IMO. Otherwise we're gonna be in for more of the same this year I fear..

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM   #292
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so initially I was discouraged by the loss, because Ana showed some amazing tennis yet, but other than her not really collapsing until 5-5 in both sets (Petra choked a little in the second set I think) she was mentally so weak that she could play the best tennis of her career and still would have lost if she doesnt keep it together at the key moments. The last thing I'll say is the courts were super fast so they favored Kvitova more than they did Ana, so I can accept this loss a lot quicker when I think that for her to challenge an inform Kvitova how she did is pretty impressive.

Moving on to Indian Wells, well I actually think it's going to be a QF or SF, maybe even a F. Looking at the players who can beat her if she continues her good play and is healthy, it really is only Azarenka, Maria (maybe, I have some doubts about her right now) and maybe Radwanska if she implodes again. Kvitova will be a non factor because she still can't deal with outdoor heat well. And even with the players I've mentioned, if Ana brings it she can beat them all anyways (maybe I'm being a little delusional right now but it's what I think she can do). The courts suit Ana more than most players, and barring a really windy day there's no reason for her to not go deep. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 03:18 PM   #293
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Okay, so initially I was discouraged by the loss, because Ana showed some amazing tennis yet, but other than her not really collapsing until 5-5 in both sets (Petra choked a little in the second set I think) she was mentally so weak that she could play the best tennis of her career and still would have lost if she doesnt keep it together at the key moments. The last thing I'll say is the courts were super fast so they favored Kvitova more than they did Ana, so I can accept this loss a lot quicker when I think that for her to challenge an inform Kvitova how she did is pretty impressive.

Moving on to Indian Wells, well I actually think it's going to be a QF or SF, maybe even a F. Looking at the players who can beat her if she continues her good play and is healthy, it really is only Azarenka, Maria (maybe, I have some doubts about her right now) and maybe Radwanska if she implodes again. Kvitova will be a non factor because she still can't deal with outdoor heat well. And even with the players I've mentioned, if Ana brings it she can beat them all anyways (maybe I'm being a little delusional right now but it's what I think she can do). The courts suit Ana more than most players, and barring a really windy day there's no reason for her to not go deep. I'm really looking forward to it.
Good post. Agree. I really hope Ana will be completely healthy and ready for IW, last year she had to retire vs Sharapova in semis, and it broke my heart. Azarenka is unbeatable these days, but even her form has some bad days, so anything can happen in California this year.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #9
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 04:24 PM   #294
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
I don't fancy her chances of defending her SF points in IW. As long as she stays healthy and improves a little bit, her chance to breakthrough will come on clay this year IMO. Otherwise we're gonna be in for more of the same this year I fear..
She should reach the QF if she's in form. Kerber, Errani, Petra and Sam are the possible R4 opponents.
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:33 PM   #295
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She just needs that breakthrough win so desperately.
i wanted to react to this concept when i first time saw this post but didn't have time, so here's the reaction belatedly

there will be no breakthrough win. problems with ana's mentality are unfortunately more fundamental than just lack of confidence. it's always been like that, even when her default mentality was much better. i used to think that winning a grand slam would be a breakthrough for her back in the day. in reality it was the exact opposite. this is also why you never know what to expect next.

i agree with people who say she needs a sports pychologist but since that's the last thing she says she wants to try we can expect it right before she retires. the way women's tennis has been going it doesn't mean it will be to win another slam, though.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:27 AM   #296
Harry.

Quote:
She should reach the QF if she's in form. Kerber, Errani, Petra and Sam are the possible R4 opponents.
Errani or Sam, pls pls pls
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM   #297
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Ana is right there, she can break out and win many matches anytime soon.

Let March 2013 be Ana's month!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:40 PM   #298
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Errani or Sam, pls pls pls
I prefer Kerber to Errani, although Kerber should be a nightmare match-up for Ana when she's on. But she sucks currently.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:50 PM   #299
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
I prefer Kerber to Errani, although Kerber should be a nightmare match-up for Ana when she's on. But she sucks currently.
Everyone but Petra, Ana will be A-OK.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM   #300
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If this happened though Ana would magically play her into form

I want Sara. I'm even convinced that she can beat her but I'm all about revenge and Sara and Aga are at the top of my 2013 list

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App