*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 100 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:40 AM   #1486
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Not sure how much it matters, but it seems she is featured a lot more on all sorts of places.

From all the player "cards" in Dubai to the Indian wells home page and the WTA home page. And suddenly after one big win mainstream media talk about the big two players, with the number three a bit behind.

I guess they recognize who the star will be for the next 5 years or so.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:38 AM   #1487
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Did I dream it, or were we told a new Vika video would be coming like 3 weeks ago ?

In other news is there any reason the fact Vika and Serena got fined for withdrawing from Dubai has made mainstream media. The fines are the standard fines that everyone gets when withdrawing from tournaments, yet in this case seems to have caused a big stir. There definitely wasn't this much commotion last year.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM   #1488
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting discussion about Azarenka's chances on clay in GM, under the guise of Errani's chances at French Open .

All threads eventually end up about Serena, Azarenka or Sharapova .
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1489
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
An interesting discussion about Azarenka's chances on clay in GM, under the guise of Errani's chances at French Open .

so true
even the woz petra result thread has become petra vs. Vika thread.
viktory is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1490
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:

Yes, she is the odds favorite to win with Serena. And Sharapova close behind. It could go another way but that is of course the most likely thing to happen. And not what random person writes in forum.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM   #1491
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

I am not too confident about the clay season,cause vika has become an entirely different player in hard court over last 1.5 years and i think her self belief and confidence plays pivotal role in her success. In clay,i dnt think she has the same confidence level,and that can hamper her match play. Specially,keeping in mind she got beatdowns in both stuttgrt and madrid finals. I hope she plays rome this year.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1492
country flag ozza

She almost certainly will play Rome . She isn't playing Stuttgart, so that leaves only 2 clay warm ups.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM   #1493
country flag ReboundAce

ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
I am not too confident about the clay season,cause vika has become an entirely different player in hard court over last 1.5 years and i think her self belief and confidence plays pivotal role in her success. In clay,i dnt think she has the same confidence level,and that can hamper her match play. Specially,keeping in mind she got beatdowns in both stuttgrt and madrid finals. I hope she plays rome this year.
Last year was not bad at all, she got the final of Madrid and Stuttgart, but i think that she should have tanked earlier Madrid rather than Rome, cause Rome will get her better preparation IMO, she should add a MM on red clay like that she won in Andalucia two years ago. We'll see what happens but definitely she will do ate least the quarters of the FO that's for sure
ReboundAce is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:29 PM   #1494
country flag garwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReboundAce View Post
Last year was not bad at all, she got the final of Madrid and Stuttgart, but i think that she should have tanked earlier Madrid rather than Rome, cause Rome will get her better preparation IMO, she should add a MM on red clay like that she won in Andalucia two years ago. We'll see what happens but definitely she will do ate least the quarters of the FO that's for sure
I look forward to FO. Perhaps the one tournament she can be an underdog. And i remember that people said before US open that she could never do well there. I just think she is a better player than previous years. But last FO should have been better.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:48 PM   #1495
country flag ozza

Quote:
She can't add an international on red clay. She is playing her 1 allowed international pre-US Open in Monterrey. I agree it's important to play Rome this year, but I don't advocate tanking Madrid.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:21 PM   #1496
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
The tour just doesn't know what to do with the calendar anymore.
They thought that if we cut a bunch of stuff, or condense it down, and force attendance would lead to better fields.
The facts are it just doesn't work that way. I also think cutting or downgrading some long running tournaments hurt them.
Also there really aren't consistent "seasons" anymore. There is the Australian Swing, the Clay Season and the US Open series but that's about it. Even the clay season isn't as good as it used to be. And don't even get me started about the Fall Season.

The tour is so focused on chasing money instead of building legacy tournaments that will attract top players based on the fact that the GOATs won it (think Miami, Moscow, Tokyo PPO, Zurich, San Diego). I think a lot of players know that these tournaments don't mean as much simply because they can't conjure a history.
I loved the indoor fall season so much
I agree with what you said. It seems that the tour really only cares about money and doesn't give a thing about keeping popular tournaments alive or creating ones that actually attract fans. It's sad.
Nina. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM   #1497
country flag ReboundAce

ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future

Quote:
She can't add an international on red clay. She is playing her 1 allowed international pre-US Open in Monterrey. I agree it's important to play Rome this year, but I don't advocate tanking Madrid.
Honestly, she has bee a finalist two times, even if she wins that crappy tournament it won't help for the FO believe you me. I would love to see her winning Rome and detrone Maria
And she should have chosen a clay MM instead of that Monterrey tourney
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1498
country flag ozza

I think we should wait and see the surface at Madrid first. They are under big pressure this year to get it right after last years debacle. If it's a proper red clay surface it should be fine. Least it shouldn't be a complete farce like it was last year.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1499
country flag viktory

Quote:
Honestly, she has bee a finalist two times, even if she wins that crappy tournament it won't help for the FO believe you me. I would love to see her winning Rome and detrone Maria
And she should have chosen a clay MM instead of that Monterrey tourney
well,i agree calling maria the new clay queen is ridiculous but i do think post surgery masha is one of the best clay courter at present in tour. dethroning her will be difficult, i certainly dont think vika can do it in her weakest surface. lets see.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1500
country flag ReboundAce

Quote:
I think we should wait and see the surface at Madrid first. They are under big pressure this year to get it right after last years debacle. If it's a proper red clay surface it should be fine. Least it shouldn't be a complete farce like it was last year.
Let's hope ti will be red, I just cannot with that tournament, it is the one i like the less
Closed Thread