Matches of the Week - 2013 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #76
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Matches of the Week - 2013

Much needed bounce back win for Florida. Alex was a game away as well. Exciting match, made moreso by UNC's stats freezing up a few times.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #77
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

I was there for both matches when UF played against DUKE & UNC. Against Duke, it was just very bizarre. It didn't seem like the UF girls were into it, almost sort of wanting to lose? It made sense as later on when I had a chat with a UF player team mom. Roland apologized to the girls after the loss for not having anything scheduled for 2 weeks before a big match like this. They were unprepared. While UF girls were up on 4 of the 6 courts, there were a lot of scoreboard watching. Adding the fact that they were going to play UNC the next day, it only made sense for the girls to sort of lose the match and save the best for tomorrow.

Against UNC, even in indoors, the gators were too experenced, especialy having had a "warm up" match against Duke the day before. SOPHIE was so tough, running Zoe ragged. Many times Zoe was taking extra seconds between the points I kept wondering if the empire was gonna call time violations on her. Lauren's match could have ended in 2, but the UNC girl gave her best in the 2nd and then took an injury time out in the 3rd -- perhaps overcompensating in the 2nd set? Breanna was just overpowering the UNC girl and Jano attached when she had a slight chance.

I am not impressed what so ever with Collins, however, losing 2 singles & 2 doubles matches in a row. Her stroke productions are very tiresome and her footworks are scattering, making her look like a cow on the court... But when she gets into position to strike a ball, it's one of the fastest bullets you'll see. Maybe it's because it's indoors... I don't know, shouldn't that be an advantage to her?

It would be tough to not see UF making another semi or finals appearance in the NCAA's.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 12:04 AM   #78
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Lauren has turned around the program at Auburn quickly...

#59 Auburn University 5, #21 Texas Tech 2
Feb 21, 2013 at Auburn, Ala. (Yarbrough Tennis Center)
Singles competition
1. #71 Pleun Burgmans (AU) def. #80 Samantha Adams (TT) 6-1, 6-3
2. Emily Flickinger (AU) def. Rashmi Teltumbde (TT) 6-2, 6-3
3. Kenna Kilgo (TT) def. Michala Kucharova (AU) 7-6, 6-0
4. Jackie Kasler (AU) def. Sandra Dynka (TT) 6-4, 2-6, 1-0 (10-7)
5. Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) def. Jen Pfeifler (AU) 6-1, 4-6, 6-1
6. Plamena Kurteva (AU) def. Nikki Sanders (TT) 6-2, 6-4

Doubles competition
1. #55 Plamena Kurteva/Pleun Burgmans (AU) def. Samantha Adams/Kenna Kilgo (TT) 8-4
2. #58 Rashmi Teltumbde/Nikki Sanders (TT) def. Jackie Kasler/Emily Flickinger (AU) 8-7 (7-5)
3. Paulina Schippers/Jen Pfeifler (AU) def. Caroline Starck/Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) 8-5
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 02:42 PM   #79
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Lauren has turned around the program at Auburn quickly...
After some here criticized her for doing it with transfers and international pros, it is refereshing to see her winning with a good mix of internationals and Americans on her team (the way it should be)!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 11:19 PM   #80
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Florida beat Clemson 6-1, but it was a battle. Clemson won at #2 doubles and easy at #2 singles. Embree had a battle, and her current trend of losing 2nd sets is not a good one. Morgan is pretty impressive. She didn't seem to be highly recruited, but she has been very good. Oyen/Embree are a great doubles team, they will be ranked soon I am sure.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:06 AM   #81
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew Clemson would be good this year. They're a top 15 team for sure.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:35 AM   #82
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
I knew Clemson would be good this year. They're a top 15 team for sure.
And they are so young. Just think how good they will be next season when Rompies becomes eligible
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:40 AM   #83
country flag Vector

Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice Vector is just really nice

Weird match at Vanderbilt today. No doubles matches and the lineup was really mixed-up (#6 Antal playing at #1? No Mira or Sellyn?) Glad some of the other players on the team had a chance to participate this time, though.

Belmont vs Vanderbilt (Feb 22, 2013)
#17 Vanderbilt 6, Belmont 0
Feb 22, 2013 at Nashville, Tenn. (Currey Tennis Center)

Singles competition
1. Ashleigh Antal (VU) def. Catherine Holliday (BEL) 6-0, 6-1
2. Frances Altick (VU) def. Nikki Maciel (BEL) 6-0, 6-0
3. Marie Casares (VU) def. Fabiana Mersan (BEL) 6-0, 6-1
4. #112 Courtney Colton (VU) def. Carolyn Caire (BEL) 6-1, 6-1
5. Megan Gornet (VU) def. Natalia Nunes (BEL) 6-1, 7-6 (8-6)
6. Maggie Leavell (VU) def. Sandra Kancheva (BEL) 6-4, 6-1

Match Notes
Belmont 3-3
Vanderbilt 6-4; National ranking #17
Order of finish: Doubles (); Singles (2,1,4,6,3,5)
Only Singles Matches Were Played
Vector is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:23 AM   #84
country flag CTSEMT

No. 14 Texas 5, No. 9 Northwestern 2
Evanston, Ill. (Combe Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. Addison/Scott (UT) def. No. 15 Hamilton/Mushrefova (NU) 8-5
2. Ellis/Begley (UT) def. Barnett/Corning (NU) 8-5
3. Niu/Turvy (NU) def. Rabinovich/Padegimaite (UT) 8-3
Order of finish:2, 1*, 3
Singles
1. No. 29 Aeriel Ellis (UT) def. No. 41 Kate Turvy (NU) 6-2, 6-7 (5), 7-5
2. Veronica Corning (NU) def. Noel Scott (UT) 5-7, 6-4, 6-0
3. No. 39 Breaunna Addison (UT) def. No. 83 Belinda Niu (NU) 7-6 (3), 0-6, 6-3
4. Elizabeth Begley (UT) def. Brittany Wowchuk (NU) 6-3, 6-3
5. Lina Padegimaite (UT) def. Linda Abu Mushrefova (NU) 7-6 (6), 3-6, 7-6 (4)
6. Alicia Barnett (NU) def. Juliana Gajic (UT) 6-1, 6-1
Order of finish:6, 4, 2, 3, 1*, 5
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:49 AM   #85
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

http://www.texastech.com/sports/w-te...022313aab.html

#8 Alabama 4, #21 Texas Tech 3
Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Roberta Alison Baumgardner Tennis Fac.)
Singles
1. #20 Mary Anne Macfarlane (ALA) def. #80 Samantha Adams (TT) 6-1, 6-2
2. Kenna Kilgo (TT) def. #22 Alexa Guarachi (ALA) 6-4, 2-6, 6-4
3. #69 Maya Jansen (ALA) def. Sandra Dynka (TT) 6-3, 7-5
4. Antonia Foehse (ALA) def. Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
5. Emily Zabor (ALA) def. Nikki Sanders (TT) 6-3, 7-5
6. Caroline Starck (TT) def. #89 Natalia Maynetto (ALA) 1-6, 6-4, 6-3
Doubles
1. Samantha Adams/Kenna Kilgo (TT) def. #2 Alexa Guarachi/Mary Anne Macfarlane (ALA) 8-5
2. Maya Jansen/Antonia Foehse (ALA) def. #58 Rashmi Teltumbde/Nikki Sanders (TT) 8-6
3. Elizabeth Ullathorne/Caroline Starck (TT) def. Emily Zabor/Natalia Maynetto (ALA) 8-3
Match Notes:
Texas Tech 6-3; National ranking #21
Alabama 8-1; National ranking #8
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (1,5,3,2,6,4)
T-4:10 A-111

Quote:
That left the deciding match in the hands of Alabama’s Foehse and Texas Tech’s Ullathorne. The Lady Raider senior took the first set, 6-4, but not before Foehse answered with a 6-3 win in the second set.
Novel, playing the second set before the first.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #86
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Oyen and Morgan, what a surprise. If they're stepping up and maintain their good form into the Spring, UF will be very hard to beat...
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #87
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
No. 14 Texas 5, No. 9 Northwestern 2
Evanston, Ill. (Combe Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. Addison/Scott (UT) def. No. 15 Hamilton/Mushrefova (NU) 8-5
2. Ellis/Begley (UT) def. Barnett/Corning (NU) 8-5
3. Niu/Turvy (NU) def. Rabinovich/Padegimaite (UT) 8-3
Order of finish:2, 1*, 3
Singles
1. No. 29 Aeriel Ellis (UT) def. No. 41 Kate Turvy (NU) 6-2, 6-7 (5), 7-5
2. Veronica Corning (NU) def. Noel Scott (UT) 5-7, 6-4, 6-0
3. No. 39 Breaunna Addison (UT) def. No. 83 Belinda Niu (NU) 7-6 (3), 0-6, 6-3
4. Elizabeth Begley (UT) def. Brittany Wowchuk (NU) 6-3, 6-3
5. Lina Padegimaite (UT) def. Linda Abu Mushrefova (NU) 7-6 (6), 3-6, 7-6 (4)
6. Alicia Barnett (NU) def. Juliana Gajic (UT) 6-1, 6-1
Order of finish:6, 4, 2, 3, 1*, 5
Michigan beat Texas fairly easily today 5-2 after Texas beat Northwestern 5-2 on Friday.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #88
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

radiotennis is still not working?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #89
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
radiotennis is still not working?
Nope
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #90
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Stacy Tan seems to like the indoor court
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote