Articles and Interviews about Alisa - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #46
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews about Alisa

She posted it also in her first tweet since last May! Good to hear!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #47
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Great news indeed, look forward to her healthy return on the courts

Valeria Savinykh

Vitalia Diatchenko - Ekaterina Makarova - Masha Kirilenko - Masha Sharapova - Alisa Kleybanova - Alexandra Panova - Ksenia Pervak - Valeria Solovyeva
Good luck to all russian players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:13 PM   #48
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Alisa

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM   #49
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

KLEYBANOVA IS TOP PICK IN MYLAN WORLD TEAMTENNIS ROSTER DRAFT

Cancer survivor Alisa Kleybanova (pictured to the right) was selected by the Springfield Lasers with the first overall pick in today’s 2013 Mylan World TeamTennis Roster Draft at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, Calif. The former world No. 20 will make her Mylan WTT debut on July 8, when Springfield hosts the Boston Lobsters.

Kleybanova was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma in May 2011. She successfully returned to action in Miami last year, winning her first round match, but decided she was not healthy enough to return to the WTA Tour. The Russian has been training off the court and is looking forward to playing her first Mylan WTT season.

“It looks very exciting and tough,” said Kleybanova."But I love challenges, so I'm ready to take the opportunity to participate in Mylan WTT this summer!”

http://www.wtt.com/page.aspx?article_id=3628
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:16 PM   #50
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Great way to come back, through WTT. Hope to see her
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #51
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Alisa Kleybanova says that her main focus these days is getting enough matches in so she can possibly return to the top 20 someday, but the Russian, who had to battle cancer before launching a full scale comeback last spring, is also enterprising.

She and her longtime coach, Julian Vespan, are preparing to open a new tennis academy in Florida.

The Vespan Tennis Academy will feature 24 clay courts and eventually some hard courts. Kleybanova will train there and eventually coach there.

“We recruit good, serious players,” she told Sport Express. “We want to have wide coverage too: beginners, kids and adults. We have a good chance to do everything at a high level. We have traveled a lot, seen a lot of things, so we know how it works. I’ll take an active part in the life of the academy. In the future I plan to switch completely to work there. If something does not work out with my career or when I retire, I would like to continue as a coach.”

The 24-year-old Kleybanova says that she and Vespan make a perfect tandem and that they are like brother and sister. “ We are best friends for life,” she said. “I think it’s a great opportunity. We always support each other, and I have no doubt that we will succeed if we stick together. Not only in terms of tennis, but also in terms of the development of the academy. Rarely in life do you find people who you can trust more than yourself.”

Kleybanova added that the reason that they decided not to open the academy in Russia is her home country’s financial situation is more precarious, the weather isn’t nearly as good and because more people play tennis in Florida in general.

“In Florida, it’s almost everyone’s favorite sport,” she said.

Like many players say and have experienced, it is tough to find the right coach, hence the constant hirings and firings on tour. A coach is not just someone to hand out technical and strategic advice. Given how lonely it often is on the road, he or she is often a confidante.

“It is very difficult,” Kleybanova said. “There are good professionals, but it is necessary that the person is suitable. After all, you spend most of the days of the year with your coach. A lot of stress, difficult travel, and it’s with this person that you associate the most stressful moments in your life. Finding exactly the right person is extremely difficult. There are athletes who have a purely professional relationship with their coach, others have relationships outside the court. I will not name names, but I have seen many such [romantic] relationships.”

A two-time title winner on the WTA, Kleybanova says that young players must be careful when it comes to selecting coaches. She said that while there are some upstanding citizens in the coaches ranks, there are also some “charlatans” among them.

“They try to chase players who aren’t playing well, and promise them that everything right. We are a trusting people,” she said. “A lot of players are alone, and they have no one to turn to. And there are people who want to take the opportunity to grab a piece of you. When you start your career, it is easy to get into that situation.”

Kleybanova, who is still hovering outside the top 200, has only used three of her protected ranking tournaments, but needs to use up her other five by May 2014. She has already used up her sole Grand Slam allotment at the 2013 US Open and plans on using her two Premier Mandatory allotments at 2014 at Indian Wells and Miami.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 04:50 PM   #52
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Interview with Alisa before the Fed cup

Alisa Kleybanova has had her fair share of battles off the court in recent times, having been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2011, but now the 24-year-old Russian is looking to put that in the past and focus on helping Russia to win the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas title.

Kleybanova takes a different approach into training as a result of her illness and after hitting with the Russian team on Thursday at the Tennis Club Cagliari she explained what it means to be competing in the Fed Cup Final.

"I’m looking forward to play in front of the crowd because it gives me a lot of positive energy, even if they are rooting for the Italians," she said. "It's better than nobody watching. I’m really looking forward to it because there will be a lot of energy and emotions."

It might be a sporting cliche to say that it's the taking part that counts but for Kleybanova that old adage rings particulary true at this time in her career.

Having fought her way back into the Top 200, the Russian - who has a career-high ranking of No. 20 - is looking to use the experience of playing in her first Fed Cup Final as a training exercise as much as anything.

"Mentally I am ready for things not to work out because I still really want to enjoy my time," she said. "I want to feel like I finished a good year and mentally be positive the next year.

"Our team is pretty positive. We shouldn’t be upset by a bad day. We have to be happy: we’re playing tennis, we’re playing for our team, our country, we’re proud of it and we are in a great place. Everything is very good.

"Fed Cup is very different and it’s much harder for most players than just a normal tournament because the atmosphere is much more stressful and there is a lot of pressure and it’s a lot of responsibility."

Kleybanova is back and with her mental strength she could cause problems.

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/160136.aspx

Valeria Savinykh

Vitalia Diatchenko - Ekaterina Makarova - Masha Kirilenko - Masha Sharapova - Alisa Kleybanova - Alexandra Panova - Ksenia Pervak - Valeria Solovyeva
Good luck to all russian players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote