Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM   #706
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Caro will face Kvitova in SF. Petra seems sufficiently sharp at the moment to be a 60-40 favorite in my book. Caro's serve and FH must be consistently better than today if she's going to have a chance of winning tomorrow. She can't let the agressive Czech dictate the whole match. Caro needs depth and angles on her shots to get her opponent running. Movement will always be a relative weakness with Petra. And let's hope Caro can get a handle on those serves out wide from ad court.
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 06:30 PM   #707
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro played a long tough match, so she needs a good recovery. Then she has to serve better because Petra wont be easy to break.
One of these 2 will probably win this title and go to Indian Wells feeling like they are on the comeback
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM   #708
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Caro will face Kvitova in SF. Petra seems sufficiently sharp at the moment to be a 60-40 favorite in my book. Caro's serve and FH must be consistently better than today if she's going to have a chance of winning tomorrow. She can't let the agressive Czech dictate the whole match. Caro needs depth and angles on her shots to get her opponent running. Movement will always be a relative weakness with Petra. And let's hope Caro can get a handle on those serves out wide from ad court.
There are no match odds yet, as Kvitova only just won, but I'd be very surprised, if Kvitova is 'only' a 60/40 fave .. (I know you said 'in your book'.)

And I think that's fair. Caro is probably in with a ~25% chance given their form atm, but that's not zero and if the Czech only gets about even number of W to UE, there's definitely an (small) opening for Caro.

And even Caro loses, a SF i a P5 is an improvement to last P5

Edit : Looks like Kvitova is 1.6 ... that's for all intent and purposes a 60/40 match

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Feb 21st, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:36 PM   #709
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Great performance from Caro today. I truly thought in the third set that she is going to lose her nerve when it matters but I was glad to see she made it. It was a brilliant fight from both players.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:40 PM   #710
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Tremendous effort level. If she can do that at IW and Miami, she should get thru to the main contenders, like she is now.
But she had a game point serving 4-3, 40-30 in set 1, then 40-0 or 40-15 when Bartoli served at 5-4. She has to close in those games. Has to, when playing the true contenders.

But overall, that effort level is a big deal, and lets see if she can do this again

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM   #711
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
He coached during games than once before the umpire reacted.
I assume you meant "more than once".

Ugh. I rather dislike players being coached from the box during matches.

On court coaching was put in place to stop the coaching from the box during matches.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM   #712
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I assume you meant "more than once".

Ugh. I rather dislike players being coached from the box during matches.

On court coaching was put in place to stop the coaching from the box during matches.
But we all know that every player is coached from the box. It's so easy to do that it's childs play. "If I put my sunglasses on it means that you have to serve and volley. If I scratch my hair you should play to her forehand. When I take a drink you should go crosscoart with your backhand....." There are countless signs you can come up with that no umpire can ever prove to be coaching, and I'm sure they all do it. Piotr is just too demonstrative a character to get away with it.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM   #713
country flag goldenlox

This hater is at it again. This is a writer, unbelievable the hatred of the tennis media towards the players. This person used to retweet hundreds of insults of Caro on twitter. Still at it

Courtney Nguyen ‏@FortyDeuceTwits
Snicker. RT @thetennisspace Coming soon on The Tennis Space - exclusive coaching tips from @CaroWozniacki

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:19 PM   #714
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

if you didn't know she's a journalist you would think it's some troll from TF!
I don't take her seriously! Unfortunately these days there is a lot of those so-called journalists on twitter who trolls non-stop!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:26 PM   #715
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win over Bartoli, Caroline !

But please stop the choking. 1st set from 4-2 to 4-6. Caro had 0-40 at 4-5 but wasted all break points. And in 3rd set she had problems closing out the match at 5-2. Thank God she served it out to win 4-6 6-1 6-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
26 Winners, 16 UEs = + 10

But Break Points Won: 8 of 22

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:41 PM   #716
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for Caro, didn't see the 1st but the 2nd set was really high quality from her!
I thought she was moving her forehand around a lot better today too, her forehand dtl was really solid.
Should be a good match vs Kvitova!

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 04:19 AM   #717
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

It's better to take your opportunities whenever you get them,but it's good,at least,that Caroline was able to find close-out poise after blowing the chance in that previous service game

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 06:26 AM   #718
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
It's better to take your opportunities whenever you get them,but it's good,at least,that Caroline was able to find close-out poise after blowing the chance in that previous service game
Many women get so little out of their service that serving isn't that much of an advantage. People will say that they choke when they can't serve out a match at 5-2 or something, but they really don't do anything different at 5-2 than at 3-3 - they just don't serve well no matter what the score is. In Caro's case I think her first serve is ok, but if her first serve percentage is only about 50% or less she has a better chance of closing out a match when she's returning than when she's serving.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 06:54 AM   #719
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Many women get so little out of their service that serving isn't that much of an advantage. People will say that they choke when they can't serve out a match at 5-2 or something, but they really don't do anything different at 5-2 than at 3-3 - they just don't serve well no matter what the score is. In Caro's case I think her first serve is ok, but if her first serve percentage is only about 50% or less she has a better chance of closing out a match when she's returning than when she's serving.
That's a very interesting and,I think,accurate observation for the most part.Unlike folks who saw the match,I can't comment on WHY Caroline failed in her 1st attempt to close out.However,the serve is a relatively easy way to gain a quick advantage in closing out both individual points and also games/sets/matches,and I believe that Caroline is missing out on such a great helper by not having a more consistently threatening service attack......I can't really say how dominant Evert would've been in this era b/c there are some powerful ROS'ers who could've exposed her often-pedestrian service.Still,she may have adjusted if she'd been forced to do so

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:13 AM   #720
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This hater is at it again. This is a writer, unbelievable the hatred of the tennis media towards the players. This person used to retweet hundreds of insults of Caro on twitter. Still at it

Courtney Nguyen ‏@FortyDeuceTwits
Snicker. RT @thetennisspace Coming soon on The Tennis Space - exclusive coaching tips from @CaroWozniacki
I can't with this so-called journalist She really despises Wozniackis, I've read some articles she wrote which were just ridiculous. I guess she cannot separate her favoritism of her preferred players and playing styles from her writing. And some of the things she writes are so GM! I think she must be coming there for inspiration.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread