Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 100 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1486
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenK View Post
If it's cuz of the new job though Congrats!
yes. and thanks.
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:38 PM   #1487
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
I'm not sure now, but it used to be called How To Destroy A Pusher In 45 Minutes on YouTube.
omg
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:39 PM   #1488
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
Kvitty knows the score.

That match is always my go-to when I need a pick me up.

I'm not sure now, but it used to be called How To Destroy A Pusher In 45 Minutes on YouTube.
That was/is the title of the full match that's uploaded on Youtube.

I'm thinking their upcoming Dubai semi will be slightly closer

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:43 PM   #1489
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Barthel should have a look at that video then

Although I think there are brain-dead players on the WTA that should definitely look at that video. Particularly those who have lost to Errani these past few days.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:15 PM   #1490
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

If Empress doesn't win Bogota as a final curtain title for her career then she should seriously consider retiring, like next week
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1491
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
If Empress doesn't win Bogota as a final curtain title for her career then she should seriously consider retiring, like next week
IKR Just looking at the QF line-up already makes me sick
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1492
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Does that mean that if they should all of a sudden start winning again you'll reach a point where you want them to go down again?

Actually I used to hate who was winning just for the fact they were. Like Petra in 2011 or Caro because she was #1 for so long.
But now I genuinely feel bad for them and I wouldn't mind them winning (of course I'd always be rooting for Maria above everyone else)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Kvitova has said before she's more focused on spending time with her family than practicing and training. She recently hired a new fitness coach but the question needs to be asked, why hire someone to help you do something you don't want to do?! She also has apparently been quite sad and depressed after losses like the Aus Open this year, yet she's staying firm on wanting to spend time with her family and puting other priorities first. I don't understand how one can feel depressed and disappointed when they won't commit themselves 100% to achieve their goals. I like Petra, I love her game and think she has a great personality, but I can never become a fan of her until she starts to take tennis more seriously. She has the potential to be the best, yet she's currently just surviving off her impeccable ball striking abilities.

That's why I love players like Maria, Vika and Caroline. Their work ethic. They don't stop trying and they're willing to put in the hard work. Ana is iffy with this sometimes but she has lately gotten her priorities sorted so I'm hoping she gets rewarded for that otherwise I fear she might get distracted and lose motivation again.
I see what you mean and I generally share your thoughts, but for Petra in particular I think she's not like -say- Sveta who really lost her motivation for many years and struggled (and still struggling) to come back. I think Petra is more or less like Na after she won her slam: they were overwhelmed with everything that came with those wins and somehow couldn't handle the situation. She clearly needs a lot of work to get back being compared to the world top 3 but I think she's young enough (unlike Na and Sam) to get there. I agree on the fact that other players have a different mental approach right now, but talking about her ball striking abilities she's a top player... I hope she can get herself together to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
wont surprise me Kvitova losing IW&Miami in the 1st round once again now that "she is back!!!".
Let us dream
I talk like a long term Petra fan, wtf
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1493
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you guys might find it interesting to visit Petra's subforum, I got a couple of members there to shed some light on the situation. It isn't very active compared to SS, no shade, although more active than most so it shouldn't be too many pages back.

Basically there's a lot going on there, her manager is a Mafia type figure who picks her team and forces her to play the tournaments he owns despite the fact they often affect preparation for bigger tour events. The real atrocity was though, she has no has no hitting partner. It got so bad at one stage she had to hit with the PR LADY!!1111 during the US hard court swing last year. Yes, she practiced with the fucking PR lady. How they haven't supplied her with one IDK...

There definitely is the aspect that Petra is doing tennis for enjoyment as opposed to having trained every second to be at the top, so naturally she lacks that killer instinct others at the top have. But for a top player her management/team is a downright mess.

I still think she'll catch fire at a couple more Wimbledon's and realistically even if she played consistent mediocre tennis throughout she would probably beat all bar Serena she's that good on the surface.

If anyone is interested in paying it a visit I think the thread is the 'Petra team bashing thread' or something.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:10 PM   #1494
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I always try to promise myself to read other players subforums but when I subscribe I only see subscribed threads instead of forums on my panel and I lose the will to search the other forums every time.. I only have GM and SS bookmarked on chrome.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1495
country flag heavyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Actually you guys might find it interesting to visit Petra's subforum, I got a couple of members there to shed some light on the situation. It isn't very active compared to SS, no shade, although more active than most so it shouldn't be too many pages back.

Basically there's a lot going on there, her manager is a Mafia type figure who picks her team and forces her to play the tournaments he owns despite the fact they often affect preparation for bigger tour events. The real atrocity was though, she has no has no hitting partner. It got so bad at one stage she had to hit with the PR LADY!!1111 during the US hard court swing last year. Yes, she practiced with the fucking PR lady. How they haven't supplied her with one IDK...

There definitely is the aspect that Petra is doing tennis for enjoyment as opposed to having trained every second to be at the top, so naturally she lacks that killer instinct others at the top have. But for a top player her management/team is a downright mess.

I still think she'll catch fire at a couple more Wimbledon's and realistically even if she played consistent mediocre tennis throughout she would probably beat all bar Serena she's that good on the surface.

If anyone is interested in paying it a visit I think the thread is the 'Petra team bashing thread' or something.
What the hell?

Can she not just get a new team? Granted, if you what you say is true about her only wanting to play for enjoyment, she probably won't.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:15 PM   #1496
country flag Trih

If all that Asherahpova wrote is true..... I dare to say, even if I'm exagerating on purpose, things look like the Navratilova times..
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:15 PM   #1497
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
What the hell?

Can she not just get a new team? Granted, if you what you say is true about her only wanting to play for enjoyment, she probably won't.
I think she can decide to get a new team but at the end of the day even then it would be a list of options that are her managers cronies pretty much.

Although I suppose realistically she could change management although she's likely under contract and, like too many girls on tour is afraid to take the steps needed.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:25 PM   #1498
country flag heavyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I think she can decide to get a new team but at the end of the day even then it would be a list of options that are her managers cronies pretty much.

Although I suppose realistically she could change management although she's likely under contract and, like too many girls on tour is afraid to take the steps needed.
What a waste of talent.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM   #1499
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
1:00 "This young lady's idol was Maria Sharapova" what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Ok, Petra is officially my number 2 fave after Maria (her idol ). JJ dropped to number 3, 'cause she's barely a shade of a tennis player nowadays. I don't even get how she decided to play Bogota that is on clay, and then return to play IW and Miami on hard. Probably figured she can scramble more points there But seriously, if she doesn't win that one, forget it, she can throw her racquet in a dumpster. But anyway, I'm her long term fan, and now it doesn't even feel like she's playing, so a retirement wouldn't really make that much of a difference for me, which is sad and is speaking volumes about her level of play atm. Luckily, by the time she slipped, I became an obsessed fan (as opposed to just being her fan ) of the one and only, our Queen

Oh, and if that is true about Petra's management Although maybe she should train with that PR lady more often, after all she did win Rogers Cup in that period

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 11:56 PM   #1500
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post

Actually I used to hate who was winning just for the fact they were. Like Petra in 2011 or Caro because she was #1 for so long.
But now I genuinely feel bad for them and I wouldn't mind them winning (of course I'd always be rooting for Maria above everyone else)
Seems like we're on the same page with this .

But if all that's true about Petra's team/management, then...yikes. What a shame.