Is Errani The Worst Top Ten Player Ever? - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Discuss

Yes 84 46.41%
No 97 53.59%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM   #181
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Errani The Worst Top Ten Player Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
As long as there are top ten players who never won a tournament their whole careers, Errani will never be the worst. Basically, Kournikova owns that spot.
Not that I disagree, but Mary Joe loved her, uh, "portfolio"....

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:21 PM   #182
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Sara is a hardworking player, with a great forehand, net skills, and touch. The fact that she primarily relies on her fitness and topspin hardly makes her a bad player. Honestly, she should be respected for making the most out of her skill set. I compare her to Cibulkova, who is hit/miss and has had some great results, but nothing close to the consistency Errani has. I'd take Sara's career any day of the week.
The entire premise of the thread is retarded. Reaching top 10 is a huge achievement for a professional tennis player (you have to have at least one very good season to just get there), and trying to pinpoint the worst one in history is like, IDK, choosing the worst chocolate amongst the elite brands. They all taste good at the end of the day.

As for specifically Errani, she cannot be titled the worst top 10 even if one was stubborn enough to make such a contest:
a) she backed up her sudden ascension to top 10 with solid results ever since - some top 10 players in history climbed to the outer edge of top 10 and dropped off immediately, never to be seen up there again
b) there were times with much worse depth of field
c) in general, players at the beginnings of the open era did not conduct as professionally as the modern players do. Navratilova's and Lendl's fitness regimes were novelties back in their days, nowadays it's a standard and Errani managed to shine, so she would most likely beat many players of yesteryear
d) Errani's an amazingly successful doubles player, which shows she has many great tennis traits outside baseline grinding
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:24 PM   #183
P3

P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all P3 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
The entire premise of the thread is retarded. Reaching top 10 is a huge achievement for a professional tennis player (you have to have at least one very good season to just get there), and trying to pinpoint the worst one in history is like, IDK, choosing the worst chocolate amongst the elite brands. They all taste good at the end of the day.

As for specifically Errani, she cannot be titled the worst top 10 even if one was stubborn enough to make such a contest:
a) she backed up her sudden ascension to top 10 with solid results ever since - some top 10 players in history climbed to the outer edge of top 10 and dropped off immediately, never to be seen up there again
c) in general, players at the beginnings of the open era did not conduct as professionally as the modern players do. Navratilova's and Lendl's fitness regimes were novelties back in their days, nowadays it's a standard and Errani managed to shine, so she would most likely beat many players of yesteryear
d) Errani's an amazingly successful doubles player, which shows she has many great tennis traits outside baseline grinding
Excellent Post!
P3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:27 PM   #184
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Why do so many members on TF root for Goliath over David?
overrule is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:29 PM   #185
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Apparently I must spread some reputation around before giving it to aselto again. So I'll post a smilie instead.

bobito is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM   #186
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The only thing I can fault in this post is the fact that it takes the arguments that Sara is the worst top-10 player ever much more seriously than they deserve to be taken. In every other respect a perfect post
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM   #187
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Is Errani the only top10 player to receive a golden set?
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:53 PM   #188
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
pastadudde is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM   #189
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
what a stupid post.
Well what does it say that the so called worst top 10 ever owns you at slams?
Roookie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM   #190
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post

Amazing record that is

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM   #191
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

I like Errani and I dont think Kournikova was teh worst player in the Top 10 either. She was clearly very talented
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM   #192
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

Errani is proving the mean spirited TF haters wrong. You go girl!!!!
gbenga is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 04:29 PM   #193
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

Sara has to be praised for making the upmost of her abilities and making the top 10 for her is an amazing achievement. Her game does highlight the tactical stupidity of a lot of other players but that's their problem not hers.

Definitely one of the weakest top 10ers. I can think of three former top 10 players who were weaker imo ( I really liked them all though ) - Sandrine Testud, Brenda Schultz-McCarthy and Karina Habsudova. Karina or Brenda probably win the thread title but anyone who can say they were one the ten best in their profession in the world at any point has a lot to be proud of.

Last edited by MLF : Feb 21st, 2013 at 04:36 PM.
MLF is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM   #194
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of Errrani at all and had to endure watching some of her matches in person and it's not really much fun, BUT there's more ways of playing tennis than one and he's obviously able to make her way work very well. No shame in that whatsoever. So not only don't I agree with the question of the thread, I'd struggle to call her a bad player to begin with.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM   #195
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
I'm not a fan of Errrani at all and had to endure watching some of her matches in person and it's not really much fun, BUT there's more ways of playing tennis than one and he's obviously able to make her way work very well. No shame in that whatsoever. So not only don't I agree with the question of the thread, I'd struggle to call her a bad player to begin with.
We should all struggle to call any top10 player a bad player to begin with.

Anyway, this has been fun for a while, but the thread has run its course. No need for further player-bashing, I'm closing this now.

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread