INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #76
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
C'mon you can't say this time last year Maria was at any better place She got bagelled by Vika in her virgin slam final FFS
That is true. An Aussie Open final beatdown and a Paris Open flop were all we had to go by one year ago at this time. Not overly encouraging. Then Maria went on to make the finals in 5 of her next 6 tournaments, winning 3 of them.

I'd definitely take a repeat of that.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #77
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I wish 2006 Pova would return. She'd routine Azarenka in easy straight sets on HCs
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #78
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

I dunno what the fuzz about Masha's remark "This is my home" is about - As far as I can see she didn't direct it to Daniella but to the crowd - To me it looks like she's only happy for her victory and maybe her way of thanking the crowd for their support? - I can't see any disrespect for Daniella whatsoever

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Feb 20th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #79
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I wish 2006 Pova would return. She'd routine Azarenka in easy straight sets on HCs
Yes
I just watches USO 2006 final highlights and the forehands Maria was hitting were so powerful
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #80
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigga View Post
Yes
I just watches USO 2006 final highlights and the forehands Maria was hitting were so powerful
The full 2006 USO final is available on Youtube and if you use Firefox with a proper add-on you can even dl the whole thang - Is what I did

MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #81
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
I dunno what the fuzz about Masha's remark "This is my home" is about - As far as I can see she didn't direct it to Daniella but to the crowd - To me it looks like she's only happy for her victory and maybe her way of thanking the crowd for their support? - I can't see any disrespect for Daniella whatsoever

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48101

Q. How did that feel out there today, starting the defense of your title?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: It felt great. Really, it was an incredible feeling to be back on the Center Court. I definitely feel like it's my home out there. Really feels like it's the best court in the world for me.
Yeah, I was really having a lot of fun, even though the conditions were tough. It was very windy, but I'm very glad how I handled the conditions.

babsi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #82
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Good luck Maria!
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #83
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
It was a total bitch comment

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #84
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
2006 Pova was a lot more confident though. Went for bigger shots and painted the lines! Her game flowed a lot easier too. I'm just hoping she can work herself into that kind of form again.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #85
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48101

Q. How did that feel out there today, starting the defense of your title?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: It felt great. Really, it was an incredible feeling to be back on the Center Court. I definitely feel like it's my home out there. Really feels like it's the best court in the world for me.
Yeah, I was really having a lot of fun, even though the conditions were tough. It was very windy, but I'm very glad how I handled the conditions.
Omg Maria is such a bitch sometimes
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #86
country flag heavyhorse

Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- This is MY home! Mission: Win the title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
You don't know anything about Maria and Daniela's off court relationship, so before you start shit please consider you don't know the full story. Although they seem to be okay off court now, there's no doubt there was some animosity before.
I want details please
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #87
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Since she knows Serena won't be there, she'd better win this for her own sake. If she flops here, there's no telling how bad her year will get.
C'mon guys, do you honestly think she'll never beat Serena again? OF COURSE she will, Azarenka lost 9 times in a row but ended up winning, it's not like she's never going to beat her . You gotta think positive and she'll etch out a win

But regarding Indian Wells, she's a shoo-in for the semis/finals (depends if Li is in her side of the draw)

Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:28 AM   #88
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedG View Post
C'mon guys, do you honestly think she'll never beat Serena again? OF COURSE she will, Azarenka lost 9 times in a row but ended up winning, it's not like she's never going to beat her . You gotta think positive and she'll etch out a win

But regarding Indian Wells, she's a shoo-in for the semis/finals (depends if Li is in her side of the draw)
To be honest, yes, I'm starting to think Maria will never beat Serena again. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting close. With the ankle and her not feeling well, Serena was probably at about 50-60% what she usually is. She was lethargic, she was error-prone, and her serve wasn't as dominant. You saw how Kvitova was able to push her to the brink and you saw what Vika did to her.

And sandwiched in between those matches, we have Maria. Against a Serena that was as vulnerable as she's been since last year's French, a 100% healthy Maria still managed only a paltry 5 games. So, yeah, I'm not really seeing evidence that this match-up is on the verge of turning around.

And you can't compare Maria to Vika right now. Vika was very competitive with Serena in a number of recent matches before the result in Qatar happened. You could see her building towards this. She's been number one for most of the past year, she's winning a ton of titles, playing with a lot of confidence, precision, and belief. Basically, she's doing everything Maria isn't.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:50 AM   #89
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
And why her "curse" won't be there? I am surprised actually.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_In..._Wells_Masters

I thought everyone knew about this by now.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM   #90
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Looks like Sugarpova is coming not only in Canada next month

Her FB:

I am happy to announce that I will be doing a Sugarpova event Wednesday March 6 at 5pm at La Quinta resort and club in Indian Wells, CA. Looking forward to signing autographs and meeting all of you.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote