*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 98 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1456
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Since American media slayed Vika, she is slaying Americans. 2-0 against Americans with a double-bagel.

Since Aga´s Doha comment last year, Viks is 8-0 against players with polish roots.

Since Pova made extremely injured comment, Vika is 9-1 against Russian players.

Don´t ever make the boss mad.
So what did the poor Romanians do?
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1457
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Watched the match again last night. The return winner at 6-6 in the tiebreak says everything about her approach to the match. Then the level of play at the start of the third set is extraordinary. Apart from the first few games in the first set, Serena played at a decent level, similar to Istanbul and better than she did in New York.

For me this feels like the real conclusion to her AO win. People were too talking so much shit about her that it became more about them and the incident than about her. This time just pure joy.
I still am astonished that Vika won that first set TB. Everything was pointing to another routine chokejob of a TB like she usually plays against Serena. Then I was shocked at that BH return winner on such a key point and it was on a really good, deep second serve from Serena. That absolutely shocked me because she was a bit too inconsistent on return in that first set, especially with the BH on second serves. So to pull off that return was really amazing.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1458
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since American media slayed Vika, she is slaying Americans. 2-0 against Americans with a double-bagel.

Since Aga´s Doha comment last year, Viks is 8-0 against players with polish roots.

Since Pova made extremely injured comment, Vika is 9-1 against Russian players.

Don´t ever make the boss mad.
I wonder if in Aga's case she regrets making those comments now. Having seen her post-AO comments there seems a degree of desperation in them.

It has never normally been wise in sport to wind up someone who is better than you, it has rarely ended well.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #1459
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
I still am astonished that Vika won that first set TB. Everything was pointing to another routine chokejob of a TB like she usually plays against Serena. Then I was shocked at that BH return winner on such a key point and it was on a really good, deep second serve from Serena. That absolutely shocked me because she was a bit too inconsistent on return in that first set, especially with the BH on second serves. So to pull off that return was really amazing.
I love your signature

She rattled Serena with that tiebreak win. Coming into the net while down a set point and that return winner proves that she has a champion's mentality

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #1460
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Some people seem genuinely annoyed Vika isn't playing solely because it would make her more vulnerable if not this week, but in some later week. For top players though, scheduling is vitally important. Playing through injuries continually in February would be foolish. There is not a lot to gain from doing so. In the scheme of things Dubai isn't a big event. There's not a lot to gain, and a whole lot more to lose down the line.

And ha I'm not sure I would call that exho an official match . I am not sure there will be a lot of effort going in from either side. I am never sure why they don't mix these exho's up more. You could create more fun scenario's, play a mixed doubles match, and mic the players up (like they did in Australian charity events). It's not like you're ever going to get Vika and Serena to play a proper match in them.
I can understand people being disappointed about Vika not playing and i don't think she's injured right now apart from some little pains every player has. However the past has proven that Vika is prone to injury if she overschedules so skipping Dubai in order to be fully fit when IW/Miami and later RG/Wimbledon come around makes perfect sense.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #1461
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
I can understand people being disappointed about Vika not playing and i don't think she's injured right now apart from some little pains every player has. However the past has proven that Vika is prone to injury if she overschedules so skipping Dubai in order to be fully fit when IW/Miami and later RG/Wimbledon come around makes perfect sense.
If you keep playing through niggling little pains, eventually they become big pains! As a Radwanska fan (from your sig) you must surely be pulling you hair out in summer last year where she just kept playing and playing through injury, it never ends well.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1462
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
So what did the poor Romanians do?
Their lasagne is horseshit.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #1463
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Quote:
Their lasagne is horseshit.
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1464
country flag ozza

Does anyone know Vika's full schedule for the season (there is nothing on her website as far as I can see)? I assume it's something like this :-
Brisbane
Australian Open
Doha
Indian Wells
Miami
Monterrey
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
Canada
Cincinnati
US Open
Tokyo
Beijing
Linz (?)
Istanbul

Right, Wrong?
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #1465
country flag ReboundAce

ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Does anyone know Vika's full schedule for the season (there is nothing on her website as far as I can see)? I assume it's something like this :-
Brisbane
Australian Open
Doha
Indian Wells
Miami
Monterrey
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
Canada
Cincinnati
US Open
Tokyo
Beijing
Linz (?)
Istanbul

Right, Wrong?
She might play Stuttgart as she didn't play Dubai, because it is a P700, and maybe she won't play Linz as she always mixes it up in the winter, maybe she'll play Moscow or Luxembourg
ReboundAce is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #1466
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

I assume she´ll skip Linz. That basically killed her for the YEC. She also didn´t play Montreal, Cincy or Tokyo. That might largely have been due to the extra stress of the Olympics with something like 10 matches in a week.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #1467
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand Vika playing Monterrey though. The next two to three months already feature loads of big tournaments coming so adding Monterrey during this stretch isn't really smart I think.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #1468
country flag ozza

I can't see any way she plays Stuttgart. She isn't on the entry list (from Stuttgart website). And she probably wants some time off after Indian Wells - Miami - Monterrey. I also don't think Stuttgart really helps you as preparation to Roland Garros. Vika was probably harmed last year going into RG that she only played one match in Rome on a surface anything like the one at French Open. Hopefully with Madrid sorting out their surface that will improve this year.

She did play Tokyo last year Patrick. She just withdrew with fever/illness that was there for all to see in the match with Vinci. And the Montreal/Cincinnati were clearly to do with the Olympics last year. She's going to have to play at least 1 of these minimum in build up to USO (if not for any reason but they're tournaments she should be doing well in). Don't rules dictate as she didn't enter Cincinnati last year, she has to enter it this year, so I think she is for sure down for there. I actually think the best kind of schedule to take going into USO is probably play Stanford or San Diego. Don't enter Toronto (as the 1 P5 she doesn't have to play). Then play Cincinnati. Obviously that is my opinion though.

And I'll be honest I agree I don't think she should play Linz. We will see if she signs up to any international post-USO, but I think it's probably better if you don't. The problem is sadly none of them are in a good position in the calendar post-USO (mainly as a result of the season being too short imo).
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #1469
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
I don't understand Vika playing Monterrey though. The next two to three months already feature loads of big tournaments coming so adding Monterrey during this stretch isn't really smart I think.
They are probably paying her a boatload of money. It should be an easy title. And it's taking advantage of playing on your best surface. She also won't play for a month afterwards.

The only slight concern I would have if is she's deep in both IW and Miami (which is likely), it is going to be a lot of tennis (especially as there are no byes as far as I can see?), so if you are in Miami final Saturday, you are playing again in Monterrey Tuesday.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #1470
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Good news for Vika

Eggy ‏@TheBoiledEgg
Gap between Serena & Vika shrinks to just 40 pts as a result of Serena getting a 0 pointer as well.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread