Ranking 2012-3 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #61
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ranking 2012-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Rankings posted: http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa..._-_Feb__19.htm

Yesterday's match not included, I'm assuming. Stanford plummet to 13.
Stanford Will they rise again? (I guess they will? Since they're too good )

Is this the first time STAN is out of top 10? If it is, just SO many firsts in this season, including Duke's bagel of UF

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #62
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Stanford if I remember correctly was ranked 13th in the 2009 season after going 1-2 @ indoors. & the prior season ASU beat them 4-3 my favorite match from my sun devils!
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #63
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Stanford if I remember correctly was ranked 13th in the 2009 season after going 1-2 @ indoors. & the prior season ASU beat them 4-3 my favorite match from my sun devils!
What!! News for me I guess Kelcy McKenna was instrumental?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #64
country flag 13drS

13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light 13drS is a glorious beacon of light

Baylor only moves to 19 after losing 5 matches in a row?

# sketchy
13drS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #65
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Yup Kelcy McKenna and Micaela Hein, I remember she was one of your favorites! Both won in singles and doubles, and the Abdala sisters beat NCAAs doubles champs Barte/Burdette http://www.gostanford.com/sports/w-t...032808aaa.html
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #66
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Yup Kelcy McKenna and Micaela Hein, I remember she was one of your favorites! Both won in singles and doubles, and the Abdala sisters beat NCAAs doubles champs Barte/Burdette http://www.gostanford.com/sports/w-t...032808aaa.html
Abdala sisters could've been a veritable wall in that match with their height I guess Barte/Burdette weren't as impressive then. (They began their impressive campaign when they lost to Andersson/Juricova in 2009 NCAA dbls final)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #67
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13drS View Post
Baylor only moves to 19 after losing 5 matches in a row?

# sketchy

Early rankings and these coaches voting are so sketchy.

Of note, Pepperdine is 0-6 and will lose to ASU and UCLA shortly. Unfortunately for them they are so over scheduled this year but you have to beat someone?

Hawaii is still in the rankings at 2-7. Ok, Hawaii were 2-6 when the vote was taken but 2-6 or 2-7. How can they still be be ranked.

On the other side, I heard St Marys beat what must have been a comatose Stanford 4-3. Great win but I looked and see they also lost to #43 Washington 5-2 and unranked San Diego State 4-3. Form has previously mentioned how these knee jerk responses to a single win really mess up realistic rankings for everyone. Great win for the Gaels but is that really indicative of their strength to the point they now get an at large bid off one win? Maybe they should throw out the high and the low when the computer kicks in to get a better read of team ability.

Last edited by beachman49 : Feb 20th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #68
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

will this computer ranking be the wildest one ever because of many teams actual 2013 win/loss record? Or will last several years finish stop them from even dropping?
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #69
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
will this computer ranking be the wildest one ever because of many teams actual 2013 win/loss record? Or will last several years finish stop them from even dropping?
Forgot that the new rankings comes out tomorrow. Stay tuned!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #70
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Rankings out.

Team: http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa..._-_Feb__26.htm

Quote:
1 90.24 North Carolina
2 77.05 Duke University
3 75.73 UCLA
4 71.12 University of Florida
5 60.60 University of Alabama
6 59.63 Texas A&M University
7 58.80 University of Georgia
8 56.80 Northwestern University
9 52.22 California
10 51.55 University of Nebraska
26 24.77 Stanford
Singles: http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa..._-_Feb__26.htm

Quote:
1 67.25 Lauren Embree University of Florida
2 67.08 Robin Anderson UCLA
3 62.99 Sabrina Santamaria University of Southern California
4 60 Gina Suarez-Malaguti North Carolina
5 59.62 Zsofi Susanyi California
87 6.95 Nicole Gibbs Stanford
Doubles: http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa..._-_Feb__26.htm

Quote:
1 74.42 Kaitlyn Christian Sabrina Santamaria University of Southern California
2 56.35 Maria Belaya Jeltje Loomans College of William and Mary
3 56.11 Brooke Bolender Emina Bektas University of Michigan
4 52.29 Alexa Guarachi Mary Anne Macfarlane University of Alabama
5 47.83 Kata Szekely Brynn Boren University of Tennessee
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #71
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Bowling Green State? Who are they?
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #72
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

These rankings are a joke and won't begin to make sense until April...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #73
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Bowling Green State? Who are they?
They are a team that figured out that if you play a cupcake schedule and go undefeated, the flawed computer system will get you a ranking. As always, some of these teams are a joke.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:29 AM   #74
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
They are a team that figured out that if you play a cupcake schedule and go undefeated, the flawed computer system will get you a ranking. As always, some of these teams are a joke.
They aren't even undefeated (lost 7-0 to Notre Dame). They are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the tennis powerhouse Mid-American Conference.

Although to be fair, they are coming off a huge win over Julia Cohen's alma mater

http://www.bgsufalcons.com/news/2013...224134706.aspx
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #75
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Stanford fell to #26 and UVA fell to #48.. wow - has Stanford ever fallen this low?
knoxt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote