Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 88 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #1306
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

I'm still optimistic about the Indian Wells/Miami swing. Hopefully being back in the USA can help Laira regain that form she had at the USO last year. I'm surprised how quickly I got over this loss, it's gonna take awhile but I know she'll get there. I'll only start worrying if she's constantly losing matches but right now I'm too bothered.

That second set just shows show stunning Laura's game can be and why she gets the hype she does. She cut down on all those UEs and took the set easily 6-2 . If only she kept that form into the 3rd set.

I think GM is obsessed with Laura and Sloane , in some ways I'm actually happy Laura didn't get a QF run in AO (had she beaten Sloane) the hype would have been worse
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #1307
country flag rjcdude44

rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all

Another disappointing result, showing occasional glimpses of her best but the main thing is all the unforced errors are losing her matches she should really be winning... Don't go into GM lol, so much mindless posting, I think people need reminding that she is still young and consistency in her game doesn't come overnight it comes with practice and time.
Hopefully the American swing will be beneficial and she can gain some confidence over there but before that Krajan needs to do some work on the practice court and sort out the UE's.
On a side note, does anyone know if Laura is Christian? because I noticed what looked like gold cross on her necklace
And LethalLaura I love your signature its awesome!
rjcdude44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #1308
country flag Valorian

Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light

She didn't play well.
Good luck in your next tournament Laura!
Valorian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #1309
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Laura Robson deactivates her Twitter page today

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #1310
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Now that's really fucked up
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #1311
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Laura deactivates her twitter, some idiots are sending her abusive messages about her loss!

Why can't the people be put into prison?! It's not fair they can get away with this!
I just hope Laura's okay. Her confidence must be so low at the moment.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #1312
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

God hope she's ok.......it can harsh out there, don't know if she got a load of crap messages after the loss today or what...or if it's just general frustration. She's so outgoing and fun, don;t want her to lose that. Really hope she's ok that's a pretty dramatic reaction.

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but apparently she has a reoccuring chest infection going home to try get treatment for it.

Oh Laura really hope she's ok.......
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #1313

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Laura deactivates her twitter, some idiots are sending her abusive messages about her loss!
Idiots.... they really have nothing better to do than attack a 19 yo girl? Any idea what kind of thing they said?
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #1314
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Probably (or mostly) some assholes who lost money.
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #1315
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Idiots.... they really have nothing better to do than attack a 19 yo girl? Any idea what kind of thing they said?
@SRBPREDSEDNIK
@laurarobson5 wow, you really suck! Now I get the "play tennis occasionally" part

@RyanCSConnor
@laurarobson5 So glad you lost to a nobody. So overated. xxx

RT @MurrayB85: @laurarobson5 sorry but tonight was pathetic

@PeterStubsgaard
for @laurarobson5 living up the hype equals nightmares and cold sweats. Arab peninsula is not her friend #wta

@lorenzotestini
@laurarobson5 you are ridiculous
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #1316

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
@SRBPREDSEDNIK

@RyanCSConnor
@laurarobson5 So glad you lost to a nobody. So overated. xxx

RT @MurrayB85: @laurarobson5 sorry but tonight was pathetic

@PeterStubsgaard
for @laurarobson5 living up the hype equals nightmares and cold sweats. Arab peninsula is not her friend #wta

@lorenzotestini
@laurarobson5 you are ridiculous
God the world is so fucked up. Just hope she's ok must be feeling pretty shit right now after having to deal with that lot. It sucks for us fans, but perhaps deactivating the account is for the best, she really doesn't need any extra rubbish.

Don't think we can really imagine how tough it must be for her
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #1317
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
Sad it has come to this. But I'm sure she's feeling pretty low after a close match where I'm sure she wasn't happy with her own performance.

Perhaps she will have a change of heart and reactivate it in a few days. You've got 30 days before it's permanently deleted.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #1318
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Also, Laura's got a chest infection. Not that she's blaming it for her loss. No, that remains solidly down to her forehand.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...n-8500436.html
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #1319

Wow had it since the olympics and 4 courses of antibiotics can't get rid of it?? That's a pretty serious chest infection...hope they can get it sorted and it isn't indicative of something else.

And on the subject of the match yesterday (almost forgot about that!) I didn't think she actually played taht bad. Yes there were the normal UEs but perhaps I expected more of a mess after the match against Dani last week...? She had the power on her serve indicating the shoulder was behaving, movement was decent got to a couple of dropshots, especially if you consider she has a chest infection. I actually came away disappointed about the close nature of the loss but relatively positive that she had began to improve her form.

Also think Yulia has the wrong style to match Laura (tho obvs she still needs to beat these players) got a lot of balls back and defensively was very good. Perhaps I have low expectations but Laura had several long rallies where I was worried she would break down and spray the ball but she didn't. Yes there were bad errors, but I saw a lot of positives as well.

Interestingly from the oncourt coaching and that article posted above laura didn't think she was being aggressive and the courts were slow...again I could be completely wrong but I thought she was being relatively aggressive. Ok a few rallies she went down the middle too much and won easily when using the angles but she was inside the baseline and dictating the points for most of the match...overall although a loss not as bad play from her as I feared.

Get well soon Laura

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Feb 19th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #1320
Royals.

Does anyone know what Krajan said to Laura when he came on court?