Azarenka about Serena ; "we're pushing each other to go to the limit EVERY TIME" - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #16
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Azarenka about Serena ; "we're pushing each other to go to the limit EVERY TIME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
It's called being polite. Also, whenever Serena says she played 20%, 30%...etc, you believe her?
I'm just talking about things I see on the court. Serena when playing against Sharapova is something extraordinary. Serena when playing agaist Azarenka is nothing special. I have nothing against Azarenka
I never read too much into what a player says after a match. Usually it's just empty phrases and I find people who are trying to find shade and drama in every sentence so damn annoying. You might say Serena was just being nice with the comment I quoted and didn't mean it when she said she was just playing at 20% but IMO the same can be said about Vika's comment. No need to read things into it.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #17
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Azarenka about Serena ; "we're pushing each other to go to the limit EVERY TIME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
A complete myth that Serena only goes to this superhuman level in matches vs Sharapova. She was just as there for the taking for Maria in the semi finals last week, Maria couldn't take advantage.
Preach.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #18
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
I never read too much into what a player says after a match. Usually it's just empty phrases and I find people who are trying to find shade and drama in every sentence so damn annoying. You might say Serena was just being nice with the comment I quoted and didn't mean it when she said she was just playing at 20% but IMO the same can be said about Vika's comment. No need to read things into it.
I'm "throwing shade" to all those post match interviews, I just think that Azarenka isn't pushing Serena nowhere. My opinion and that's it

Twitter

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #19
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
I don't think so. I think that she was somewhat bad during the whole week. But against Sharapova she played the best match
No this is just Sharapova fans trying to see what they want to see. Serena was playing at a similar level most the week. There is nothing from watching either match or in match stats that suggest Serena was playing better in the semi-final (the stats suggest she was worse). Sharapova doesn't return her serve well enough, and didn't do enough to get her out of her hitting zone.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #20
country flag Hardiansf

Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of Hardiansf has much to be proud of

I thought its a compliment
Miss you Monica Wynne Angie Anna Chakvy Marion
Good luck also : Svetlana Li Na
Hardiansf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #21
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No this is just Sharapova fans trying to see what they want to see. Serena was playing at a similar level most the week. There is nothing from watching either match or in match stats that suggest Serena was playing better in the semi-final (the stats suggest she was worse). Sharapova doesn't return her serve well enough, and didn't do enough to get her out of her hitting zone.
I'm surely not a Sharapova fan It just looked like that to me.

Twitter

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #22
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Serena's combined record of 22-4 against Vika/Masha doesn't qualify for "pushing each other to the limit" stuff yet (Djokovic & Nadal should be saying such things, not these two) ...Serena's clearly putting a PR move here, she knows that she owns these two like chickens in a coop, whereby when highly motivated she feels she can head them out to the slaughter house anytime
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #23
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Miss humble drowining in her own superlatives. Shocking.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #24
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

Here we go, another Hate Azarenka thread.
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #25
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And an Azarenka fan is lighthouse of the objectivity?
Just spare you words.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #26
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
Serena's combined record of 22-4 against Vika/Masha doesn't qualify for "pushing each other to the limit" stuff yet (Djokovic & Nadal should be saying such things, not these two) ...Serena's clearly putting a PR move here, she knows that she owns these two like chickens in a coop, whereby when highly motivated she feels she can head them out to the slaughter house anytime
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #27
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
And an Azarenka fan is lighthouse of the objectivity?
Just spare you words.
But facts back me up. No-one has pointed out any evidence otherwise. Last 2 days I've heard - Serena served a far higher % in semi's (not true), Serena served more double faults (not true), Serena served less aces (not true), Serena was hitting less winners, more UE's (semi's Serena had a negative ratio, final a positive ratio).

You appear to be playing better if you're playing someone who is making it easier for you. Thus why you'll often see players appear to be playing flawless tennis in early rounds at majors when they're playing no opposition.

Sharapova isn't getting as many returns back in play, or effective returns back in play. She isn't getting as many balls back in play full stop, and she tends to be playing fairly centrally where it's right in William's hitting zone to send Sharapova running all over court.

All these factors contribute to the mirage.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #28
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

I think the semi-final against Maria Sharapova was the easiest match to Serena comparing how much she had to work in the quarter-final against Petra Kvitova and in the final against Victoria Azarenka. I didn´t see that Maria had any new tricks in her bag to challenge Serena like Petra tried her best. It seems that Serena can read Maria´s game like Vika can read Aga´s game. I feel that Serena didn´t need to play some superior level tennis in the semi-final. Quite routine win for her.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #29
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But facts back me up. No-one has pointed out any evidence otherwise. Last 2 days I've heard - Serena served a far higher % in semi's (not true), Serena served more double faults (not true), Serena served less aces (not true), Serena was hitting less winners, more UE's (semi's Serena had a negative ratio, final a positive ratio).

You appear to be playing better if you're playing someone who is making it easier for you. Thus why you'll often see players appear to be playing flawless tennis in early rounds at majors when they're playing no opposition.

Sharapova isn't getting as many returns back in play, or effective returns back in play. She isn't getting as many balls back in play full stop, and she tends to be playing fairly centrally where it's right in William's hitting zone to send Sharapova running all over court.

All these factors contribute to the mirage.
I dont want to argue about anything, i dont care, but coming here with another "sharapova fans BS" post is sluttiest thing in GM.

okay, i try, i have only two points to make.
first, you hardly can compare a 3 setter service stats to a 2 set drubbing.
second, the two 2nd serve in TB *6-5 from Serena told everything about her performance this week.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #30
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
I dont want to argue about anything, i dont care, but coming here with another "sharapova fans BS" post is sluttiest thing in GM.

okay, i try, i have only two points to make.
first, you hardly can compare a 3 setter service stats to a 2 set drubbing.
second, the two 2nd serve in TB *6-5 from Serena told everything about her performance this week.
And you think I didn't average out the service stats for number of service games. Dear o dear. And oh right yes Serena is meant to make a first serve every single big point I forgot (some seem to believe this). You can't always win a big point with an ace.