Dubai R32: Putintseva sends Robson to Stephens 6-4 2-6 7-6(6) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #76
country flag Sergius

Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dubai R32: Putintseva sends Robson to Stephens 6-4 2-6 7-6(6)

Putintseva is such a diva, she's barely ranked as high as number 100, but her match thread got 5 pages of posts already
Sergius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #77
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Laura played awfully for most of the match tbh, but I was very impressed with Yulia. She uses her brain on court, and her topspin forehand is fun to watch.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #78
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say, Putintseva gave a good account of herself. Not just with her play, which to be honest is solid but aside from some useful dropshots, rarely more than that, but she certainly did nothing the entire match to warrant her reputation of being a brat. Far from it.

Sure there are a few come ons and fistpumps but those are hardly odjectionable things. But what was notable was the grace in which she accepted a bad decision from Kader Nouni. She also managed quite admirably to keep her cool despite relinquishing a 5-2 with 2 breaks lead in the 3rd. And when interviewed she was humbled in victory and very respectful towards her opponent. On top of all this she doesn't grunt and I really couldn't see any obviously signs of gamesmanship. Heck if she keeps acting like this her reputation as a brat will dead in the water. Perhaps, whisper it slowly, she is maturing. Whatever, on today's performance she actually came across as being quite likeable. Having seen her play several times before I have to say I wasn't expecting that.

That said, I'm still not convinced she has the game to establish herself into the top 50 but she certainly has plenty of time to do so and with the right determination and willpower one can't rule her out.

As for Laura, it was mostly a terrible performance with occasional patches where she played very well. But she certainly deserved to lose.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #79
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Yes and the surface is ridiculously fast.
Anyone have pictures?
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #80
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Awful result for Robson - this Gulf tour has been a complete waste of time, but let's face it, if you are a long-term Robson watcher, these periods of mediocre form are pretty usual but every year she has somehow managed to pull enough stretches of good form out of the bag to make sure her ranking keeps moving up. Let's remember that this time last year she was losing 6-1 6-1 to Anne Keothavong and followed this up with a 6-3 6-1 loss to Casey Dellacqua at Indian Wells, so these results look stellar in comparison. I just hope that she is not still suffering from this sore shoulder because she really needs to take time and rest it before it becomes a chronic injury - it's not like she has any points to defend for months....

Putintseva - a very important win for her in a big tournament, moving much more comfortably into the top 100 with the points she will have gained. Well done to her for not giving up when she lost that final set lead.
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #81
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Yes and the surface is ridiculously fast.
It's always been fast. IMO the fastest HC tournament last year.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #82
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy9797 View Post
I can only imagine how much Putty can improve if she lost 15 pounds, amazed how well she covers the court bein so out of shape.
That girl's pure muscle.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova

Last edited by Tennis Fool : Feb 18th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #83
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

GOAT Result.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #84
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to add, to those who suggest her celebration at the end was over the top, think about it for a minute. That was the 2nd biggest win of her career. She did it in a very close match that at one point it appeared she was in danger of choking away. If you are not allowed to be exciting in such circumstances then when can you be excited. Frankly her reactions were totally appropriate and justifiable.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #85
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Anyone have pictures?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #86
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by traralgon View Post
A really upsetting loss. As a ballstriker Laura is so much more talented, Yulia was really lucky to win. I still expect a slam semi or a final from Laura this year, I really think it's possible.
It was nice to see Yulia so ecstatic after the match, this is a huge win for her. And her dad is quite hot actually, if I had to sleep with someone of my own sex I probably would say yes to him!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #87
Tennis Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I left after the second set and returned at 5-5, what happened in the meantime?
Choking of course. This IS the WTA!
Putintseva #1 player

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #88
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barktra View Post
Looks weird, but not bad. Thanks!
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #89
Tennis Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
You can't be serious.
It's okay. He's been listening to the Eurosport commentators!
Putintseva #1 player

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #90
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Have to say, Putintseva gave a good account of herself. Not just with her play, which to be honest is solid but aside from some useful dropshots, rarely more than that, but she certainly did nothing the entire match to warrant her reputation of being a brat. Far from it.

Sure there are a few come ons and fistpumps but those are hardly odjectionable things. But what was notable was the grace in which she accepted a bad decision from Kader Nouni. She also managed quite admirably to keep her cool despite relinquishing a 5-2 with 2 breaks lead in the 3rd. And when interviewed she was humbled in victory and very respectful towards her opponent. On top of all this she doesn't grunt and I really couldn't see any obviously signs of gamesmanship. Heck if she keeps acting like this her reputation as a brat will dead in the water. Perhaps, whisper it slowly, she is maturing. Whatever, on today's performance she actually came across as being quite likeable. Having seen her play several times before I have to say I wasn't expecting that.

That said, I'm still not convinced she has the game to establish herself into the top 50 but she certainly has plenty of time to do so and with the right determination and willpower one can't rule her out.

As for Laura, it was mostly a terrible performance with occasional patches where she played very well. But she certainly deserved to lose.
Good points

I can't see what people are bellyaching about - beating a top 50 player is a big deal for her at this stage, and her behaviour was pretty positive throughout.

Too many errors from Laura, but when they both played well it was fun stuff.

It will be interesting to see how she copes with Agnes.
pling is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote