Dubai R32: Putintseva sends Robson to Stephens 6-4 2-6 7-6(6) - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #61
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dubai R32: Putintseva sends Robson to Stephens 6-4 2-6 7-6(6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I left after the second set and returned at 5-5, what happened in the meantime?

Putintseva seems to celebrate every point she wins, but her celebrations are much more muted compared to the likes of Sharapova, Cibulkova or Errani. Not too disturbing for me.
Putintseva went 5-2 up, with Laura blowing a 0-40 lead at 1-1 on Yulias serve, and making lots of UE. Yulia then imploded and Laura won about ten straight points to take it to 6-5, then Yulia woke back up to go to the tb.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #62
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Miffedmax isn't very active these days. Good for him, I'm sure he doesn't want to see how many posters support Putintseva.

Yulia played very well and I expected her to win before the match. Laura has been in poor form lately.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #63
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Says someone, whose fave had the exact same reaction in AO R3.
Beating Venus Williams in the 3rd round of a slam is slightly different to beaten Robson in R1 of Dubai
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #64
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

This was such a frustrating match to follow because it all depended on Robson.
When she managed to stay concentrated she won points pretty easily but when not, she would lose them pretty quickly and many in a row.
Very bad match from Laura, when you see her play like this there are no signs of future top 10 player.

Putintseva does well with what she has, of course it won't be enough against in form players but will bring her many wins on WTA tour.
This was the most subdued behaviour from Yulia that I've seen so far watching her play, maybe she is friend of Robson or something.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #65
country flag aguy9797

aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by traralgon View Post
A really upsetting loss. As a ballstriker Laura is so much more talented, Yulia was really lucky to win. I still expect a slam semi or a final from Laura this year, I really think it's possible.
It was nice to see Yulia so ecstatic after the match, this is a huge win for her. And her dad is quite hot actually, if I had to sleep with someone of my own sex I probably would say yes to him!
I am afraid you will have to sleep with all the fathers of Laura's opponents to get her o a slam semi
Caro W
Petko

Queen Viktoria
aguy9797 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #66
country flag EnglishOak

EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold

Laura is really tall for a female player so there's no excuse for having such a poor second serve. This and her inconsistent forehand, especially when on the run, are really letting her down at the moment.
EnglishOak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #67
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Luv it, absolutely luv it when these Brit & American media over-hyped players lose ...Robson & Stevens are not all that good, y'all keep hyping them, so they can continue to flop under pressure ...the more the hype, the bigger the flop
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #68
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I left after the second set and returned at 5-5, what happened in the meantime?

Putintseva seems to celebrate every point she wins, but her celebrations are much more muted compared to the likes of Sharapova, Cibulkova or Errani. Not too disturbing for me.
Complete brain fart by Yulia. Lost 9 points in a row at one point, served for the match twice and double faulted in both service games on the last point. Laura in the meanwhile found her BH (especially CC) which won her some spectacular points.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #69
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Putintseva played a smarter match, absorbed Robson's pace and mixed things up just enough to derail her (Robson simply can't deal with a simple slice or dropshot ).Then came the horrible choke when serving for it at *5-2 in the 3rd .that was painful to watch
Nice recovery at the end though.
Robson joining Stephens in the flopwagon of the month.To be continued...
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #70
country flag Domo19

Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold

Even easier opponent for Radwanska
Domo19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #71
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Does the Dubai court have new colors?
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #72
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least Robson entered the biggest event of the week instead of vulturing the other two MMs That kind of mindset will eventually benefit her!
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #73
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
You probably would have prefered if she yelled allez and started dancing when she won the match
Don't compare lol, you can say come on or allez or whatever you want but Yulia just jumps and gets crazy while yelling COME ON. And there's nothing wrong with dancing after you win a match. And yes, I'd prefer an allez and a dance celebration, much better TBH.

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #74
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Does the Dubai court have new colors?
Yes and the surface is ridiculously fast.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #75
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

SERIOUSLY?
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote