How to put pictures in my signature? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #31
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to put pictures in my signature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
It's actually offense with an s, but no offense with what about i'm about to say. Why would they have to refund everyone's paid membership? What i'm saying is not to refund people's money, but to change the rule to allow everyone to put pictures in their signatures. You can still pay for your membership. As someone in a previous post said, this is a perk, which I disagree with, but i'm sure there are many other perks you paid members can receive. See, laughing makes it seem like the paid members are thumbing it in the non-paying members nose, even though that's probably not your intention. And you can't compare this to real life. Stuff is more serious in real life.
Um offence is the British spelling which we use in Australia.

Why would I pay membership for something which other people would get for free? I would want a refund and I'm sure all the other premium members would too.

And it practically is a "real life" situation. It's real money we're paying, if you went to a shop and you wanted something you would have to pay the money. Those who pay it get the item, those who don't have to miss out. That's just the way life works.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #32
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drimal View Post
I think they should at least allow non premium members to have 140x140 size avatars like it used to be for everybody before the introduction of the premium concept.

Current size 96x96 is really small.

There is no valid reson for this reduction in my eyes other than "forcing" people to buy premium.
Eh, i'm fine with the size of my avatar. Why not allow 96x96 size pictures for non-premium members in sigs? And I agree with your last point.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #33
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Um offence is the British spelling which we use in Australia.

Why would I pay membership for someone which other people would get for free? I would want a refund and I'm sure all the other premium members would too.

And it practically is a "real life" situation. It's real money we're paying, if you went to a shop and you wanted something you would have to pay the money. Those who pay it get the item, those who don't have to miss out. That's just the way life works.
Well, we use an s here in the States.

You're not paying ''for'' us. As I said, there are still other perks you'd get that we wouldn't. You can tell us what those are.

Well, maybe so, but sometimes, when other people ''miss out'', those who state this(you)help the other people. Rational, don't you think?

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #34
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Oh, one other thing, BlueTrees: someone here said premium membership was $10. Is that true?

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #35
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Um whatever. I was just politely trying to tell you that you're wasting your time complaining because it won't make a difference. Have a great day.

And yes it's $10 to be a member for one year, $25 for a lifetime membership.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #36
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
$25 for a lifetime membership.
Is this $25 a one-time fee and if not, is it monthly, yearly, etc.?

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #37
BlueTrees

The lifetime membership is $25 for 20 years. You pay it all upfront and then don't have to pay anything after that.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #38
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
The lifetime membership is $25 for 20 years. You pay it all upfront and then don't have to pay anything after that.
Eh, that's a pretty sweet deal. I'd have to choose between the membership here or my bipolar meds. Thank you for the information.

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #39
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Eh, that's a pretty sweet deal. I'd have to choose between the membership here or my bipolar meds. Thank you for the information.
I would go for the medication if I were you.

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #40
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
I would go for the medication if I were you.
Oh my god
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #41
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Oh my god
It's not really funny, but he's also probably right.

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #42
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How and why should that be a perk? And also, in these economic times, maybe the site should temporarily discontinue paid memberships as not everyone has that luxury. In any event, there are plenty of other ''perks'' that paid members can get.
Verticalscope's Tennisforum is a business, not a charity. They need to make money, and this is one way they do so.
Williamsser is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #43
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post
Verticalscope's Tennisforum is a business, not a charity. They need to make money, and this is one way they do so.
Again, no one's saying they shouldn't have paid memberships. That's not the point. The point is that people are arguing that pictures in signatures are perks and my counterpoint is that there are many more perks a paid member can get besides pictures in signatures.

EDIT: I don't see why we're still commenting. Meelis gave me the info I need, i'll proceed that way and it's now a closed issue since I have to make the choice as outlined above.

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 04:02 PM   #44
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I'm okay with it being something for premium members. In fact, I consider it one of the most fair approaches I've come across since having an image in a sig isn't necessary to get enjoy using the site.

And if paying $10/year is tough for you then maybe it would be more beneficial to spend your time generating more income.
I really don't understand why you would pay for a signature or a bigger avatar. Like, what's the psychology behind it?
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #45
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

if you really want to have a picture everytime you post, why not try something like this:

Last edited by Wert. : Feb 24th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread