INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #61
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Vika may very well win her third title of the year and go undefeated in Miami! I want Maria to win IW or Miami so bad!
Vika probably will win IW and run out of gas a bit by Miami, like last year. But a rested Serena will be there to take over from her anyway. Unless injury occurs, I don't see this back and forth between Azarenka and Serena ending any time soon.

It's pretty much up to either Maria or probably Petra to step up and end their monopoly. Otherwise, who's capable? Agi? Stosur? Kerber? Li? Woz? I don't think so.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #62
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Let's stop complaining about draws/cakewalks. I know this isn't the time to be cocky as a Maria fan, but if we want her to win the tourney, we should be prepared for her to beat all of the players in the draw. Whether she meets them in the QF's or SF's or F's isn't going to change the result if her form is bad.

Anyways, my expectations are dropping for HC's and even clay honestly. We'll see what happens, but I would obviously like a slam this year - any one will do.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #63
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at her career stats. The last time she made the SF of USO she won it the next year
but in terms of Wimbledon her record is dire. Last time she made 4r she lost in the 2r And ofc there's no record for what happens after a RG win
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #64
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I looked at her career stats. The last time she made the SF of USO she won it the next year
but in terms of Wimbledon her record is dire. Last time she made 4r she lost in the 2r And ofc there's no record for what happens after a RG win
Last time she made Wimledon R4 she followed up with a final.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #65
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Wait, if my memory is correct, the last time she lost in R4 of Wimbledon (apart from last year) was 2010 when she lost to Rena and she reached the final next year.

2007: R4
2008: R2
2009: R2
2010: R4
2011: F
2012: R4

But that pattern isn't working so far She lost the AO final in 2007 and won the next year, but she lost the final last year and lost in SF this year
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #66
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Actually I can see her winning Indian Wells. Call me delusional but I hope Vika's win over Serena will motivate her to bring her best not only against scrubs and defeat Vika (If there's not enough reasons to do that already)
domon17th is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #67
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Actually I can see her winning Indian Wells. Call me delusional but I hope Vika's win over Serena will motivate her to bring her best not only against scrubs and defeat Vika (If there's not enough reasons to do that already)
Well, I can't see that. I really love Masha and wish her great success, but I am so pissed off at her now
She seems such a looser for me, Serena played like 60-70 % of her power and first Petra and then Aza (with positive result) put up good fight. But what Maria did? She just flopped, flopped as always. I watched their match and damn the beginning was promising and then Sharapova missed all chances while Rena did more UFs than her

Now I can see that Masha will finish this year as number 3 and it is the best case scenario. She will fight for this spot with Aga and Li Na and won't be able to overtake Rena (even if she is away from her top form) and Aza who became just great player. I don't like her and I will never like, her game is boring but I give her credit for great stability, confidence and bravery. She is unstoppable for now like Djock. Sorry guys, I just try to be realistic, but if Maria wants something more than number 3 she needs to change her game (get rid of all those strange setbacks which may come without any reason) or at least become more fearless...
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #68
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Well, I can't see that. I really love Masha and wish her great success, but I am so pissed off at her now
She seems such a looser for me, Serena played like 60-70 % of her power and first Petra and then Aza (with positive result) put up good fight. But what Maria did? She just flopped, flopped as always. I watched their match and damn the beginning was promising and then Sharapova missed all chances while Rena did more UFs than her

Now I can see that Masha will finish this year as number 3 and it is the best case scenario. She will fight for this spot with Aga and Li Na and won't be able to overtake Rena (even if she is away from her top form) and Aza who became just great player. I don't like her and I will never like, her game is boring but I give her credit for great stability, confidence and bravery. She is unstoppable for now like Djock. Sorry guys, I just try to be realistic, but if Maria wants something more than number 3 she needs to change her game (get rid of all those strange setbacks which may come without any reason) or at least become more fearless...
We complain about being fans of Maria, but imagine people who cheer for other players outside of top 10 or even players like Wozniacki, Ana, JJ, NaNa, Kerber, Stosur, etc.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #69
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I think we are kind of making a big deal out of this though. One loss and ultimately the Vika win does not define Maria as a player nor her progress and success this year There are many more tournaments to come and opportunities for her. Stay positive
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #70
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

SS is so delusional these days that we've come to call her "loser" when she's world #3 and making finals and semifinals here and there?
Do you remember where we were not more than 2 years ago?
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #71
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
SS is so delusional these days that we've come to call her "loser" when she's world #3 and making finals and semifinals here and there?
Do you remember where we were not more than 2 years ago?
Yeah, you are right for sure, it was just emotions and post tournament depression
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #72
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, guys, I mean it's only been 2 tournaments! I think it's a bit premature to say that she's never going to get past the #3 ranking,or won't have better results during the next 14 or so tournaments she plays in. Will she reach 9 finals again this year? Probably not. But I'd rather her do exceptionally well at 3 important tournaments and win those titles then lose in so many finals anyway. Let's just see what the next couple months have in store for us...and then we can start panicking again
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #73
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
We complain about being fans of Maria, but imagine people who cheer for other players outside of top 10 or even players like Wozniacki, Ana, JJ, NaNa, Kerber, Stosur, etc.
But this year NaNa has won Shenzhen and reached the AO final. It's better than Maria
Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #74
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

C'mon you can't say this time last year Maria was at any better place She got bagelled by Vika in her virgin slam final FFS
domon17th is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #75
country flag Asanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
C'mon you can't say this time last year Maria was at any better place She got bagelled by Vika in her virgin slam final FFS
And regarding her current form, I guess it is better than the last year