Silvia Njiric - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:35 PM   #406
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
Re: Silvia Njiric

Loosing streak continues. On her last 24 tournaments she lost 17 times in first round

She was such a promising junior, had wins against Caroline Garcia, Daria Gavrilova, Monica Puig, Bouchard, Mladenovic
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #407
country flag Greco

Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold

ITF Kreuzlingen 10.000 $ 1. round !

Single 1/32

S. Njiric (4) - S. Stemmer

Double 1/4

Njiric/ Mezak - Morderger/ Morderger
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #408
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Mezak
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 04:19 AM   #409
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Mezak
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #410
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Mezak actually double bageled Flipkens in her junior days, now Flipkens is top 50. (Also was beating the likes of Cetkovska, Kuznetsova, Voskoboeva, Keothavong)
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #411
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

My guess is that Mezak isn't attempting a comeback; instead, Silvia has probably asked her for help/coaching.

Silvia obviously can play. She was #5 in juniors and just last year won back-to-back $10Ks. But now she's losing easily in R1 of $10Ks week after week, often to unranked players. Her problem seems to be that she almost literally has forgotten how to hit the ball. You hear about that from time to time, in some extreme cases when players put too much pressure on themselves. Usually they're able to snap out of it after some period (which can last months).

Hope Silvia can overcome her issues. She's still young and she's much too talented to wither away.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #412
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. It's so weird. She went from winning tournaments to losing to 14 year olds
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #413
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
ITF Kreuzlingen 10.000 $ 1. round !

Double 1/4
Njiric/ Mezak - Morderger/ Morderger

There are only six teams in the draw

All the teams--including Mezak/Njiric--got a bye into the QF and the top two seeds also got a bye into the SF

In the QF Mezak/Njiric beat the Morderger sisters. In the SF they play the #2 seeds. Good luck!
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #414
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

And terrible form continues . . . she lost 6-3 6-2 against some 15 year old girl

I wonder how long will she keep playing . . . this is humiliating . . . she should take a break
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #415
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
And terrible form continues . . . she lost 6-3 6-2 against some 15 year old girl

I wonder how long will she keep playing . . . this is humiliating . . . she should take a break

At least she and Mezak made the doubles final. In the SF they beat the #2 seeds Daniels / Negrin easily, 62 63.

Little chance of winning the final, though, as they go up against the top seeds, Bacsinszky/Knoll

Glad they got this far, though. Hopefully Mezak will be a good influence on Silvia.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 06:29 AM   #416
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

She should probably give it another year and if things don't improve CONSIDERABLY think about focusing solely on doubles.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 12:17 AM   #417
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
At least she and Mezak made the doubles final. In the SF they beat the #2 seeds Daniels / Negrin easily, 62 63.

Little chance of winning the final, though, as they go up against the top seeds, Bacsinszky/Knoll
Not a disgrace but, as expected, Silvia and Matea lost in straights, 63 62.

Hope Matea keeps playing with Silvia. She could be a good influence.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #418
country flag vladekCRO

one more . . .

(wc)Gaëlle Desperrier (FRA) d. Silvia Njiric (CRO) 63 63
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #419
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, she really needs a break from tennis ASAP.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #420
country flag MKhromachev

MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all

Dont want to be mean ( and honestly I dont care ) but I thought its worth mentioning, what is I guess new low for Njiric .. losing in QR1 in Antalya to a Ukranian Vardanyan, and trust me, Iryna is not top 10 even in Ukraine national ranking .. but who cares, she has a nice new Fb picture .. She really needed type of father Dokic, Linetskaya, Putintseva, Krasnoroutskaya had .. but now I guess its too late for that .. retirement is near I guess, and night clubs are waiting for her .. you cant be an athlete without discipline ..
MKhromachev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote