INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #46
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- This is MY home! Mission: Win the title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Unnecessary or not, you commented how she can't call it home because she won just once, and I explained to you why this is the title of this thread, because your answer suggested you didn't know. Anyway, Maria was a teenager back when she won it, and I'm sure something that Dani did pissed her off and she reacted the way reacted. Let's stop accusing her for something that happened 7 years ago
It was 2008, and its just storm in a teacup.
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #47
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Actually, I have to say I kinda agree with Marilyn Monheaux on this one. Actually, I very briefly went off Maria at that point in 2008, because of that unnecessary "this is my home", her general cocky air because of how well she'd started the season, and then when she withdrew from Miami I perceived it to be a bit diva-ish and like she couldn't be bothered with it (although obviously we later found out she'd torn her rotator cuff, so I felt guilty ).

Anyway, I'll try and end my recent streak of pessimism and say I can see Maria potentially winning this title It's hard really to predict she's going to beat Princessrenka because you just never know which Maria you're going to get in big matches, but if she produces some of her best tennis from the past 12 months I could see her beating her, even on Princess's favoured outdoor slow hardcourts. I hope if they do play it's a great, competitive match and really launches it as a high-quality rivalry, rather than the beatdowns they've been exchanging eitherway
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #48
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

*Subs*, no less than a title can do. I am here for the clay but at the end of the day it is only 3 tournaments out of a full season.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #49
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Yall are jinxing Maria so hard. Everyone is like 'I can't wait for the clay season'

Imagine if she faces Serena in both Rome and FO
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #50
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Maybe Kim and Justine should come back to the tour and try to stop Vika
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #51
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

People need to realise jinxes don't exist, we didn't jinx her last year when we were just as excited if not more so. Nobody is expecting Maria to have the same results this year again but she is the best on clay these days and there are only a select few group of players who can trouble Maria on the surface. If she plays well, her results will be good no matter if she doesn't take a title or not, and I love the clay season anyway, much more so than IW/Miami.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #52
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I have a really bad feeling about the clay this year for some reason. Just don't feel good about it. I feel like there's this air of pessimism around Maria atm, and it just doesn't bode well.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #53
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I think she'll do well on clay, but it's nearly impossible to repeat last year's sweep. She had one of the best clay seasons of the last decade.. I'm expecting a title + a good run at the FO.

Anyway, not really excited for IW since I'm depressed right now, but I know that I'll be as soon as we get closer to the draw ceremony

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #54
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

The draw ceremony that will give Azarenka a cakewalk? At least she'll be seeded #2.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #55
country flag Fighterpova

Post tournament depression is so awful

I wonder what the Vika and Serena fans feel like since they end almost every tournament celebrating
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #56
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
The draw ceremony that will give Azarenka a cakewalk? At least she'll be seeded #2.
Vika may very well win her third title of the year and go undefeated in Miami! I want Maria to win IW or Miami so bad!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #57
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Vika may very well win her third title of the year and go undefeated in Miami! I want Maria to win IW or Miami so bad!
Vika will deffo win Dubai if she doesn't withdraw. We all know Serena will pull out and Vika can steamroll over her pigeons playing at 50%. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she wins both Dubai and IW and go to Miami undefeated for the 2nd straight year.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #58
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
People need to realise jinxes don't exist, we didn't jinx her last year when we were just as excited if not more so. Nobody is expecting Maria to have the same results this year again but she is the best on clay these days and there are only a select few group of players who can trouble Maria on the surface. If she plays well, her results will be good no matter if she doesn't take a title or not, and I love the clay season anyway, much more so than IW/Miami.
I'd MUCH RATHER have Maria win IW or Miami than Stuttgart or Rome
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #59
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I'd MUCH RATHER have Maria win IW or Miami than Stuttgart or Rome
Yeah they're big tournaments but by the time they're finished I'm just bored of hard and want the clay. It's mainly the schedule I have issue with, they don't lead up to anything and and take up a whole month and try as they might to promote the notion they are nowhere near as important as Slams.

Last edited by jameshazza : Feb 17th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
jameshazza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #60
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
It was 2008, and its just storm in a teacup.
Yeah, I realized it after, I thought it was in the year when she won. I really didn't follow her that much back then

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote