Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #1051
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Im pretty sure Vika will get the no.1 back after IW? or at least this year anyway
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1052
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Btw, can Maria explain to us why the heck isn't she playing Dubai? I mean, it's not like she wasn't in the neighborhood If she play Dubai, Serena will have twice as many played tournaments as Maria

She will get it back in the period between Rome and USO. She doesn't have too much to defend, Maria has loads of points for clay court season, and Serena defends major points starting with Wimbledon...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1053
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

At least we have a shred of hope...h2h is now 11-2....same as Masha's h2h with Rena.

A win on the cards next time possibly?

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #1054
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Absolute death at Cheaterenka winning this The only missing element in this match was Redfoo in the stands
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #1055
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Well congarts Vika and Maria

PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #1056
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Maria will be furious when she sees this result, but she truly only has herself to blame If she had played like she did against Stosur (minus the doublefaults), she might well have been the one to take Serena out. Like I said yesterday, I always felt that, once one of Maria and Princess beat Serena, the other would almost immediately follow and beat her herself. I always hoped Maria would be the first to do it, but I sure hope my other prediction proves to be correct.

If I were Hogstedt, I would sit Maria down over the next week and make her watch 3 matches from Doha this week. First, i'd make her watch the ENTIRE Maria-Serena semifinal in full (I can't help but suspect she's avoided watching their matches because she just wants to shake it off and forget about it, when in reality she needs to learn from it) and see how many chances she had and how mediocre Serena was. Then I'd make her watch Serena's match against Kvitova and show her how a pure ballbasher is capable of outplaying the Serena of today. Then finally, I'd make her watch all of the final between Serena and Princess, including every minute of Princess's celebration, to light a fire under Maria's ass and pump her the fuck up and get her on the practice court and not let her leave until she's hitting the ball well enough to beat Serena.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #1057
Forever Sharapova.

Well we're only in February, but it looks like 2013 is fast becoming the Vika/Serena year on tour.
I'll support Masha forever, like everyone else on SS hopefully, but it becomes very disheartening to see so much success for players other than your fave. And it's not like we're supporting some random scrub, Masha should be in the mix of this success but once again she's sidelined
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #1058
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you are so pessimistic, it's painful.

Maria has had good success this season, might I remind you she's still the third best in the world (by the rankings) at what she does. She may have had 2 poor matches, but everything else has been smooth sailing. Calm down. Maria won't be kept up at night about these losses, so we shouldn't be either.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #1059
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

it's still the second tournament of the year though...we shouldn't be that hard on her. Last year Serena had a hard time until after the clay season and then swept everything away. I really hope dsanders is right and this will motivate Maria to beat serena. If this doesn't than I don't know what will
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1060
Forever Sharapova.

I wish she would get her act together and play Dubai though.
Be committed and play for once a schedule of 'week-in-week-out' at least just for the Middle Eastern swing.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #1061
Forever Sharapova.

It is hilarious how after all this time, Vika - who just backed up her AO win + Doha win is now ranked no.2 after all the controversy surrounding Rena winning a slam and never reaching no.1

But I saw on twitter, apparently if Vika plays Dubai and Rena doesn't she goes back to no.1 without even having to play a match. But I'm not sure if that is correct or not
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1062
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I'm sure Maria will be furious when she sees this result, but she truly only has herself to blame If she had played like she did against Stosur (minus the doublefaults), she might well have been the one to take Serena out. Like I said yesterday, I always felt that, once one of Maria and Princess beat Serena, the other would almost immediately follow and beat her herself. I always hoped Maria would be the first to do it, but I sure hope my other prediction proves to be correct.

If I were Hogstedt, I would sit Maria down over the next week and make her watch 3 matches from Doha this week. First, i'd make her watch the ENTIRE Maria-Serena semifinal in full (I can't help but suspect she's avoided watching their matches because she just wants to shake it off and forget about it, when in reality she needs to learn from it) and see how many chances she had and how mediocre Serena was. Then I'd make her watch Serena's match against Kvitova and show her how a pure ballbasher is capable of outplaying the Serena of today. Then finally, I'd make her watch all of the final between Serena and Princess, including every minute of Princess's celebration, to light a fire under Maria's ass and pump her the fuck up and get her on the practice court and not let her leave until she's hitting the ball well enough to beat Serena.
Once again I agree completely. Maria is just too stubborn, proud, cocky, however we wanna call it. I somewhat believe that she thinks it's below her level to go back and rewatch some matches on tape, even though I think it could be beneficial and eye opening. I mean, she really needs to see and understand that Serena is not unbeatable. I would honestly make her sit through the entire Serena-Vika match, just to see how her presumed mortal enemy managed to overcome her antics (remember those times when Vika was a racquet-smashing headcase? ) and beat "the unstoppable one"

And btw, I still can't understand why she's not playing Dubai when she was basically there -.-

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1063
country flag PimpMePova

Yeah i think that playing Dubai would benefit her a lot because she's only played two tournaments and she'still a little rusty IMO that's the reason why she's had some trouble with her groundstrokes and she hasn't had a lot of tough competitive matches yet either there hasn't been even one three setter Is Serena playing Dubai?
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #1064
Forever Sharapova.

Vika is a better mover than Masha though.
You have to accept that they are two completely different players. Masha is a stubborn person whilst Vika has found success and added to her game. I think Masha has added to her athletic ability but in all honestly I don't think she's added to her game. The biggest significance this week was her serve, but she was broken consecutively by Rena.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #1065
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Once again I agree completely. Maria is just too stubborn, proud, cocky, however we wanna call it. I somewhat believe that she thinks it's below her level to go back and rewatch some matches on tape, even though I think it could be beneficial and eye opening. I mean, she really needs to see and understand that Serena is not unbeatable. I would honestly make her sit through the entire Serena-Vika match, just to see how her presumed mortal enemy managed to overcome her antics (remember those times when Vika was a racquet-smashing headcase? ) and beat "the unstoppable one"
She's said many times though that she watches matches she's played to prepare for the matches that are to come. I don't think she'll watch the Vika-Serena match though although if I was Hoggy I'd definitely make her
Closed Thread