Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D - Page 318 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #4756
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

Hello My fellow Vee Lovers! This is my first time on this chat!!
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #4757
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Hey
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #4758
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
Venus was nominated in 2000, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now 2013. The category wasn't held in 2001-02 and from 2005-2007 there was a different voting format. So pretty much she's been nominated every year since 2000, and Serena has been nominated every year since 2003. Neither has ever won it though.

2000 went to Tara Tipinski
2003 went to Michelle Kwan
2004 went to Mia Hamm
2008 went to Danica Patrick
2009 went to Candace Parker
2010 went to Misty-May Treanor
2011 went to Lindsey Vonn
2012 went to Danica Patrick

Gabby Douglass will probably take it this year.
Now you are like the Uranium/AKB/special investigator of pop-culture.

Incidentally I think I voted like three of those years before I realised what's up
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #4759
country flag iismepeter

iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice iismepeter is just really nice

I know it's on wikipedia, but it says Venus has a WC to play in Bogota. Any confirmation? Can't find anything on google, so it's probably fake..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Co...%80%93_Singles
iismepeter is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #4760
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

Hey everyone,haven't posted on here since the Australian Open,I see it's been quiet around here.I know everyone must be ready to see Venus play in Brazil in a week!
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #4761
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

Dying to see her play!!!

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #4762
country flag MajesticVenus
La Reina V.

MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future

Hey guys, I just wanted to remind everyone to stay positive despite adversity. Here are some of Venus' quotes from the preface of her book Come to Win:

- My loss to Martina Hingis in the semifinals at the 1999 U.S. Open later benefited me in the way Mersereau notes (someone she quoted before this). In that match, I had a lot of opportunities. Hingis was very good, but I believed I was the better player. Yet I didn't win, which was upsetting. I thought, from now on I'm going to do whatever it takes to win. (Well, not whatever it takes - certainly not cheating) unlike Justine). So going forward, if a ball lands short and I can get to the ball and come to the net, I'm going to get there. I'm not going to sit back and hit the short ball and be scared on the baseline. If the court is open, I'm going to take my shot. I'm not going to miss it. From that loss, my mind'set changed.

- When I played Wimbledon that year (2000), I was the most determined in the draw. That was my tournament and no one else's.

- Nothing in my interior design business, no matter how much I love design, compares to something like holding the Venus Rosewater Dish.

- And, boy, do I love to win; everything is right in the world when I do. I go to tournaments with that goal in mind. From my perspective, you learn a lot from winning and putting yourself in a position to win. There have been times when I've woken up after Wimbledon thinking, "Ah-ha, I'm the Wimbledon champ." There's a complete feeling of satisfaction.

I really hope she remembers this now that she knows she has sjogren's syndrome. This is the mentality woman, you can do it once again.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #4763
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoRockstarr View Post
Dying to see her play!!!
Tell me about it
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #4764
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.e.s.W View Post
Tell me about it
Yeah, I hope V's back is alright for Brazil.

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #4765
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticVenus View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to remind everyone to stay positive despite adversity. Here are some of Venus' quotes from the preface of her book Come to Win:

- My loss to Martina Hingis in the semifinals at the 1999 U.S. Open later benefited me in the way Mersereau notes (someone she quoted before this). In that match, I had a lot of opportunities. Hingis was very good, but I believed I was the better player. Yet I didn't win, which was upsetting. I thought, from now on I'm going to do whatever it takes to win. (Well, not whatever it takes - certainly not cheating) unlike Justine). So going forward, if a ball lands short and I can get to the ball and come to the net, I'm going to get there. I'm not going to sit back and hit the short ball and be scared on the baseline. If the court is open, I'm going to take my shot. I'm not going to miss it. From that loss, my mind'set changed.

- When I played Wimbledon that year (2000), I was the most determined in the draw. That was my tournament and no one else's.

- Nothing in my interior design business, no matter how much I love design, compares to something like holding the Venus Rosewater Dish.

- And, boy, do I love to win; everything is right in the world when I do. I go to tournaments with that goal in mind. From my perspective, you learn a lot from winning and putting yourself in a position to win. There have been times when I've woken up after Wimbledon thinking, "Ah-ha, I'm the Wimbledon champ." There's a complete feeling of satisfaction.

I really hope she remembers this now that she knows she has sjogren's syndrome. This is the mentality woman, you can do it once again.

So many nice quotes. I hope Serena's success also inspires Vee. I reckon i could make a lil pocketbook full of Vee's eloquent quotes.

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #4766
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

I can watch her matches if they are streamed since the Florianopolis event is during my spring break. not doing anything else in my boring life not to mean I don't enjoy seeing Venus play

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #4767
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Veenus, how we've missed you
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #4768
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

No withdrawal please
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #4769
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all

Venus is #21 in the new rankings If she plays/wins Florianapolis she can enter top 20
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #4770
country flag nmosier

nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice nmosier is just really nice

Hey! Is anyone else planning on attending the Sony Tennis Open in a couple of weeks? I'm really really excited to see all of my favorites play life for the first time (instead of just on TV). I got a great deal on the tickets for my friends and I at http://www.ticketsofamerica.com if anyone still needs any! If anyone else is planning on being there- maybe we can all grab a drink or something!

Last edited by nmosier : Feb 28th, 2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added info
nmosier is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread