Your gaydar/straightdar is........... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How good is your gaydar/straightdar?

It never fails. I can even catch the closet case/curious/questioning/open types easily. 14 36.84%
It's non-existent. 3 7.89%
It's inconsistent and goes haywire. 6 15.79%
I tend to dream people I'm interested in are gay/straight out of fantasy. 4 10.53%
Great with women; bad with men. 4 10.53%
Great with men; bad with women. 2 5.26%
I always think someone is gay when they're straight. 4 10.53%
I always think someone is straight when they're gay. 0 0%
I never use it. 1 2.63%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of
Your gaydar/straightdar is...........

So, this forum is over 50% non-straight guys, with a large portion of the rest being straight girls that love their gays. So I think this forum is the perfect place to ask...........

How good is your gaydar?! For men and women? For bisexuals/pansexuals/etc, they are included in the gaydar category too. Are you good at seducing guys/gals you think are on the fence and turnable? Are you better at reading one gender over the other?

And yes, straightdar too, meaning, you know someone is straight before you even think about crushing on them.

Gaydar scientifically has been proven to be a) real and b) 64% effective on women and 57% effective on men by facial appearance. Meaning nearly 2/3s of the time, you can look at someone and your mind will link them to being gay and that will be the case. Gay face is not just a saying.

Do you all have good gaydar/straightdar? Vote up!

Last edited by Flavia P. : Feb 17th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Flavia P. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #2
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of
Re: Your gaydar/straightdar is...........

And yes, I did make this poll to gloat, my gaydar is literally impeccable. As close to it as can be. I literally know right off the bat because if a guy is hot and straight, I lose interest immediately. I never got more than 2 wrong on the OK Cupid gay test with men and usually get zero-to-one wrong.

It's an aura. There are subtle mannerisms non-straight men have too. A lot of straight men have mannerisms that people consider stereotypically gay (hence the term stereotypical) but there's a certain sort of flair about it when it's a non-straight guy. It's not even femininity, it's not about being fem, but there's a certain presence. The way a guy carries himself with his body. And I can easily tell a masculine gay/bi man from a masculine straight man. They wear their masculinity differently.

Eye contact is a huge thing. You can tell pretty easily by where a guy traces his eyes. You can seduce a guy easily this way. The closeted types are VERY easy to catch this way, more so than even the out gay/bi guys. If he stares in your eyes or directly at you with full attentiveness for more than about 3-4 seconds, then there is a question there.

For the most part, gay/bi guys are also quicker to hug. Straight men are more reluctant to physical contact. That's something to look for, if a guy is affectionate and how affectionate is he. Gay men love to be affectionate overall, and the majority of bisexual guys I know are pretty affectionate. A lot bisexual guys however can be like straight guys in affection level, and some straight guys can be like the average gay man, so this is something you have to be really in-tune to figure out. And even then, you'll make some mistakes.

Women, it's a different story. Not too good at differentiating between straight/bi/lesbian girls I don't know if these little clues work with girls.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #3
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to the gaydar test mentioned: http://www.okcupid.com/the-gaydar-test

I got 55%. I suck

I think I'd probably be a bit better if I could talk to them and see how they moved. But I'm generally pretty incompetent at reading people.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #4
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

As homosexuality is banned, I don't need one. Well, not really.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #5
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

On that test I got 70% . That was fun .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #6
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

I got 80%

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #7
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

70% im better at picking girls

Last edited by King Halep : Feb 17th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
King Halep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #8
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

80%
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #9
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

80%.
Novichok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #10
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

75% Must improve!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #11
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

85%
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #12
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

60% but I "Self-Assessed" correctly. I got more girls right than guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #13
country flag Flavia P.

You guys are rating your gaydars off that gaydar test? I don't consider that test viable at all. Lord knows some of those "straight" guys are suspect as hell
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #14
country flag Flavia P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
As homosexuality is banned, I don't need one. Well, not really.
I thought you lived in the UK. Homosexuality isn't banned there
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #15
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

80%
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote