SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #901
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
They've earned the right to be arrogant. Yeah, it's not very mature and makes you question a person's character. But to the victor goes the spoils. Their girl wins everything, beats everyone, and does what she wants when wants when healthy. 15 GS titles with more to come. 11-2 record against Maria and an 11-1 record against Vika. It's so easy to be a Serena fan and hard to resist letting everyone else know how great she is. While we're tying ourselves up in knots over Maria's matches, Serena fans can always relax, put their feet up and enjoy things because they know she's going to win almost every time. All that winning combined with the anonimity of the internet can turn people into cocky punks who aren't afraid to trash talk.

Having your favorite player win is a great feeling that never gets old.
Still, you can laugh about it a lil bit like we can do when Maria is snatching Stosur but there is no need to come up with so many GIFS, did you see us using GIFS, making fun of Stosur when she lost and all, no cause we're not as arrogant.
They're really doing their very best to upset Masha fans, no wonder we're making fun of Serena when she is losing to the likes if Razzano and all

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #902
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

I might be behind on this but did Maria really hit a 194km serve in that match. WOW

I must say there were some awesomely intense rallies in this match. Serena came up with some absolutely ridiculous shots and of course her serve was a big factor as always.

Last edited by Andy. : Feb 16th, 2013 at 10:59 PM.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #903
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They've earned the right to be arrogant. Yeah, it's not very mature and makes you question a person's character. But to the victor goes the spoils. Their girl wins everything, beats everyone, and does what she wants when wants when healthy. 15 GS titles with more to come. 11-2 record against Maria and an 11-1 record against Vika. It's so easy to be a Serena fan and hard to resist letting everyone else know how great she is. While we're tying ourselves up in knots over Maria's matches, Serena fans can always relax, put their feet up and enjoy things because they know she's going to win almost every time. All that winning combined with the anonimity of the internet can turn people into cocky punks who aren't afraid to trash talk.

Having your favorite player win is a great feeling that never gets old.
When my favourite player wins, I celebrate that. I don't celebrate the other player losing.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #904
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
Maria's record against Serena dropped to 2-11. Maria said: "I'm certainly capable of beating a player like Serena. That's why I'm always eager to get better and make my game better in order to go out onto the court and beat her."

Maria Try harder next time Maria We'll always love and support you
She's trying hard, maybe too hard. Perhaps next time she should just think of it as an exhibition. Maybe that will help her to relax a bit. Easy to say from where we're sitting though.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #905
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Still, you can laugh about it a lil bit like we can do when Maria is snatching Stosur but there is no need to come up with so many GIFS, did you see us using GIFS, making fun of Stosur when she lost and all, no cause we're not as arrogant.
They're really doing their very best to upset Masha fans, no wonder we're making fun of Serena when she is losing to the likes if Razzano and all

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
We're not as arrogant because we have no reason to be. Maria's big triumphs have been so spread out over her career with many ups and downs. She's had a way of breaking our hearts and bringing us back down to earth whenever it starts looking like she's getting on a roll. Maria and her fans are always getting humbled. But with Serena, the wins keep coming in bunches, one after another, after another, after another. And her fans' heads keep swelling and swelling as a result. About the only thing that has stopped Serena is her health, not any one rival opponent. She's owned just about everybody. So if Serena never shows respect to other tennis players, why should her fans.

And let's not forget the resentment Serena fans will always have for Maria because of the media hype she got after 2004 Wimbledon, all the endorsements, and the fact that Maria has been the highest earning female athlete for about the past decade. So, yeah, they are going to savor every second of Maria being humiliated by Serena again and again. And rub it in when they can in our faces. It's a hobby to them. And there's not much we can do about it because Maria keeps losing badly to her.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #906
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
We're not as arrogant because we have no reason to be. Maria's big triumphs have been so spread out over her career with many ups and downs. She's had a way of breaking our hearts and bringing us back down to earth whenever it starts looking like she's getting on a roll. Maria and her fans are always getting humbled. But with Serena, the wins keep coming in bunches, one after another, after another, after another. And her fans' heads keep swelling and swelling as a result. About the only thing that has stopped Serena is her health, not any one rival opponent. She's owned just about everybody. So if Serena never shows respect to other tennis players, why should her fans.

And let's not forget the resentment Serena fans will always have for Maria because of the media hype she got after 2004 Wimbledon, all the endorsements, and the fact that Maria has been the highest earning female athlete for about the past decade. So, yeah, they are going to savor every second of Maria being humiliated by Serena again and again. And rub it in when they can in our faces. It's a hobby to them. And there's not much we can do about it because Maria keeps losing badly to her.
Unfortunately, true to the last letter of these 2 paragraphs...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #907
country flag Asanty

Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future

Yeah...the history repeated itself, I have strong feeling that Maria will never beat her again hope I am wrong. I decided not to watch the match, but now watching the stats, how Maria could lose? Her figures are better in most cases? and did she play better or worse than at YEC?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #908
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Yeah...the history repeated itself, I have strong feeling that Maria will never beat her again hope I am wrong. I decided not to watch the match, but now watching the stats, how Maria could lose? Her figures are better in most cases? and did she play better or worse than at YEC?
It was about performing in the big moments. Serena was a bit sloppy and not even close to playing her best, but when Maria had little openings here and there, Serena would come up with the big shot or Maria would make a dumb mistake every single time.

I'd say Maria played worse here compared to Istanbul. Even though Maria had more opportunities in this match compared to YEC, the way she blew all of them was disgusting. But, then again, all of her performances against Serena lately are starting to appear the same. She looks overmatched, helpless, and error-prone.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #909
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Mexicola with all due respect they've earned nothing. Serena has earned everything. For them to act how they do and be so arrogant like they're better than everyone else shows how pathetic they are. They're celebrating the loss of Maria and antagonizing her fans, NOT supporting Serena who deserves more credit than they give her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #910
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

All true. And it has nothing to do with Serena somehow attracting more arrogant inclined people to her fanbase than other players. It's just human nature: success breeds arrogance. And at TF supporting the better player has always been seen as a licence to piss on lesser mortals. If Maria would beat Azarenka the next four or five times they play I bet that her fans would give Vika fans the same treatment that they now have to suffer from Serena's fans. It's all a bit lame and childish, but that's how it works. It also explains all the bandwagoning whenever a player does something significant. It's not always because all those banwagoners have any real sympathy for that player. They just do it for bragging rights.

Thank you LI NA
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #911
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Mexicola with all due respect they've earned nothing. Serena has earned everything. For them to act how they do and be so arrogant like they're better than everyone else shows how pathetic they are. They're celebrating the loss of Maria and antagonizing her fans, NOT supporting Serena who deserves more credit than they give her.
Well, I hate to sound like a broken record, but for years a significant part of Maria's fanbase (and everyone else's, I admit) celebrated each Wozniacki loss much more than they did their own fave's victories and attempted to antagonize her fans to such a degree that some Woz fans still refuse to have anything to do with GM. This was of course not true for all Maria fans, but not all Serena fans mock Maria either. Those that do do it to such a degree that you get the impression that the're all doing it though. The ones that make the most noise and try to get under your skin always make more of a impression than the reasonable ones, and that goes for the members of each players' fanbase.

Thank you LI NA
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #912
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Overplaying She either underplays or overplays in this match-up. Meanwhile, Azarenka keeps winning.

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #913
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Overplaying She either underplays or overplays in this match-up. Meanwhile, Azarenka keeps winning.

I hear you sister

Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #914
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Precisely. Have to laugh at a Serena fan bad-repping me for my original comment. Guess it shows how insecure they are after all these years though.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #915
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, have you ever watched the H2H between Serena and all the other players than Maria?
You're talking like she's the only one Serena beats...
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote