Early entries. - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #76
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
Re: Early entries.

Tomljanovic WD?
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #77
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of

I'm sorry but is this F city famous in Brazil??

I just found out that it will take like15-19hours flying to IW, Palm Springs, including transit which is practically same as Kuara Lumpur....
(Time lag's another story though...)

Why didn't they held the tournament in Rio or Sao Pailo??
Anyone has idea??
Viennalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #78
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viennalover View Post
I'm sorry but is this F city famous in Brazil??

I just found out that it will take like15-19hours flying to IW, Palm Springs, including transit which is practically same as Kuara Lumpur....
(Time lag's another story though...)

Why didn't they held the tournament in Rio or Sao Pailo??
Anyone has idea??
According to Wikipedia, it has 427,298 people and is the 47th largest city in the world. I know nothing about it myself, but in the US the 47th largest city is Cleveland and the cities closest to that population are Colorado Springs and Atlanta, so I would imagine it's well known.
Tennis Tipping: CH: 15 Current: 15 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 19 Current: 19 Champion: 2013 Birmingham, 2014 Montreal
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 80 Current: 81 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #79
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of

Rio to US major city takes about 9hours and since you need to transfer twice,
total flight time is about 12hours but there's additional waiting time so quite a big travel....

Since Kuara lumpur has direct flight to US major cities, total traveling time is not that different...
never imagined traveling to Brazil takes that amount of time...

IW is a big tournament , it was nicer to have Brazil open to be held in a big city without domestic transit....
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #80
country flag Trigo

Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all

Where do I start? Let me see...

Like the US, Brazil is also formed by states and a federal district. Florianópolis is the capital of one of the states (Santa Catarina). Although this particular state is not among the most important ones, being a capital alone makes a city relevant in Brazil.
I'd say Florianópolis is mostly known because of its beaches. Tourism is big there (by brazilian standards, I mean).

You ask why the tournament will be held there... Well, lot of us brazilians asked the same.

The official statement says São Paulo already has the ATP one. So it was never really an option for them.
And Rio has bought the Memphis tournament for next year. Rumour has it that both ATP and WTA are coming.

So, why Florianópolis among all others?
Because tennis is a bigger deal there than in other medium cities in Brazil.
Let's not forget it's Gustavo Kuerten hometown!
Trigo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #81
country flag Viennalover

Thanks for the info guys...
Now I kinda got the picture here, didn't know Rio's gonna have MM from next year!!

But still having ATP &WTA tourney at São Paulo sounds fine to me...
Or WTA should change the schedule... Flying to IW from F city, sorry I can't spell it,, is pretty big travel...
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #82
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantuchov View Post
Anna Karolina Schmiedlova SVK
she has to learn at school, info from official fb site
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #83
country flag dizoo

dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future dizoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
Where do I start? Let me see...

Like the US, Brazil is also formed by states and a federal district. Florianópolis is the capital of one of the states (Santa Catarina). Although this particular state is not among the most important ones, being a capital alone makes a city relevant in Brazil.
I'd say Florianópolis is mostly known because of its beaches. Tourism is big there (by brazilian standards, I mean).

You ask why the tournament will be held there... Well, lot of us brazilians asked the same.

The official statement says São Paulo already has the ATP one. So it was never really an option for them.
And Rio has bought the Memphis tournament for next year. Rumour has it that both ATP and WTA are coming.

So, why Florianópolis among all others?
Because tennis is a bigger deal there than in other medium cities in Brazil.
Let's not forget it's Gustavo Kuerten hometown!
i think the crowds will be completely empty.
and it will have the same destiny as brazil open when it was held in costa do sauípe..
Laura and Bia
dizoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #84
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about the MDWC, one for Teli is already confirmed but then they should give one to Paula Cristina Goncalves but after her I dunno if Bia or Nanda Alves will get one..
For QWC, Duarte,Forte and Kurata will have their chances too.

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #85
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going for SF and Final.
Laura Pigossi || Vivian Segnini

Daszmarelli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #86
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Q change

Schmiedlova OUT
Martic IN

Petra keeps entering/withdrawing from this event
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #87
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra!

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #88
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

chileans in ALT?
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #89
country flag Trigo

Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all

Spiceboy,
Wikipedia says Camila Giorgi has withdrawn.
Is it confirmed?
Who are top alts?
Trigo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #90
country flag Juarito

Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of

WC's for Qualy Draw
Laura Pigossi
Maria Fernanda Alves

Source: http://t.co/nu6GWRRt There's a full entry list there if you can check it
Juarito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote