Doha QF: New XEWTA No.1 Serena Williams def. Petra Kvitova in an EPIC 3-6 6-3 7-5 - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #286
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future
Re: Doha QF: New XEWTA No.1 Serena Williams def. Petra Kvitova in an EPIC 3-6 6-3 7-5

Great job Serena!! Fighting a cold, a tough opponent and her own form but got through.

Petra- very classy!

L'Enfant Sauvage, thanks so much for posting the match!! My stupid cable channel showed all 3 QFs but didn't show this one.
Loved Serena's reaction at the end. the semi is going to be tough, so don't go into crybaby mode. Keep it up Rena for another two matches please, then take some time off.

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #287
country flag Golan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doha QF: New XEWTA No.1 Serena Williams def. Petra Kvitova in an EPIC 3-6 6-3 7-5

Serenita fighter
Golan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #288
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that Petra played her best since YEC 2011. Last year in the summer she also played great tennis at times, certainly serving so much better than yesterday; and when you are leading 4-1 in the third, the match is going to be mostly in your hands; so yes: she choked. If she had served better in the third set she would have won the match, but she didn´t. The first serve % was so low, and the game she lost to 30 serving at 4-2 with two DF and a silly mistake was awful, and put Serena right back into the match. She didn't finish it off, and you cannot allow yourself that luxury when at the other side of the net you have the best player in the word, even if you are leading 4-1 in the third.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #289
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Finished watching match and saw no choking whatsoever from Kvitova.
Don't know how the lie got started, but Kvitova was simply outplayed in the end.
Kudos to her for maintaining her poise and not giving up after Serena upped her level.

Also, it was quite clear that Serena was not well throughout the match.
She appeared sluggish and struggled mightily with her movement, apparently due to the effects of a cold. Still and yet, she persevered.
That is just pure champion spirit, and why she was able to return time after time after major injuries.
Credit where due people.
Serena won this by mental strength and pure desire.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer

Last edited by RVD : Feb 16th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #290
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Finished watching match and saw no choking whatsoever from Kvitova.
Don't know how the lie got started, but Kvitova was simply outplayed in the end.
Kudos to her for maintaining her poise and not giving up after Serena upped her level.

Also, it was quite clear that Serena was not well throughout the match.
She appeared sluggish and struggled mightily with her movement, apparently due to the effects of a cold. Still and yet, she persevered.
That is just pure champion spirit, and why she was able to return time after time after major injuries.
Credit where due people.
Serena won this by mental strength and pure desire.
No lie was started by anyone. It's just a matter of having different opinions on the same subject.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #291
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Channeling Sharapova with being on her knees, being in Crybabyrena mode... the match just had everything and was just as dramatic as one for the throne should be. Congratz, Renochka beyond well-deserved.
The Jehovah bit made me cringe, though.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #292
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Hmm i think it would have been smarter for azderaki to have a bodyguard courtside.. anyway im glad everything went well!! Congrats to servebot! She can be glad kvitova choked away a nice lead in the deciding set
Hey...the perenial Serena hater...
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #293
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future

Just watch Serena's interview..Oh gawd i was getting all ckoked up . GOAT!!

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #294
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Great match. Petra played so well till the end. Great fight from Serena. Oldest No. 1. She just keeps adding those records.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #295
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on regaining the #1 ranking Serena. She so emotional in the interview too. It was great seeing her capture the #1 again after everything she went through in the last two and a half years. As someone said earlier in the thread, she has come full circle since the injury after Wimbledon 2010.

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13-USO14
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #296
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute

KvittyGOAT

I hope Sharapova breaks the rubicon today. Serena has had her share of success for the week with the no1 A Sharapova win today would be epic.
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #297
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
WOW down 4-1 in the 3rd, she battled her way back to a win ...what a champion, what a legend
Serena's the best in winning battles where she's down and out ...CONGRATS CONGRATS ...now you can start penning out your 2nd autobiography

Petra what a class act. One of the 1st things she said in presser is that she is very happy that Serena is at No1 cuz she deserves it
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayo View Post
Vikapower must still be writing his thesis on this one.
Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give.

Cory Booker
mykarma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #298
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing choke from Petra in that third set

She cannot afford to keep losing to Serena if she is to be taken seriously as a top player...IMO you need to challenge and beat the likes of Williams consistently to establish that. At least she's getting halfway there.

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #299
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxina90 View Post
Disappointing choke from Petra in that third set

She cannot afford to keep losing to Serena if she is to be taken seriously as a top player...IMO you need to challenge and beat the likes of Williams consistently to establish that. At least she's getting halfway there.

Pova and VIchka doing just fine without beating Serena, only thing they're doing consistently is getting their asses spanked by Queen, on the other hand Petra always plays toe to toe with her
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #300
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

Happy with the result. Petra plays well when theres no pressure on her. Gurl this is how you play to get the no. 1 ranking.

Petras time will come but alas the true no. 1 returns