Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 11 - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2131
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
I think Johansson has screwed up her serve badly, she's barely getting any free points on that 1st serve anymore, her 2nd isn't any better to justify this switch. I don't understand why Piotr and her team don't address this.
Eh, her serve was fairly weak before Johansson, I don't think that you can blame him for her serve.

I do agree that it is nuts that her serve has, if anything, regressed over the last two years. She's fairly tall and she's pretty big, why can't she get more pop on her serve?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2132
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She was a very steady, confident player who needed to improve her serve.
Now the question has changed to wondering if she is totally left behind by the YEC players.
Really does show how important it is to have a coach. Careers can be very fragile if the player has no one to trust, who knows what they're talking about

Yes,that's why she went back to her old team and old coach.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #2133
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Eh, her serve was fairly weak before Johansson, I don't think that you can blame him for her serve.
Her 2nd serve did and does need job but her 1st serve was way better, just check highlights of her matches back then. Of course one can say, well she was more confident and that helped, but she has given this new serve close to a year and it has never really worked, a few good matches here and there but hardly regular. Time to change it, IMO.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #2134
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else has a feeling that this year will be about Caro trying to back-track to her old game more than adding some new elements into it?
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #2135
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
I think Johansson has screwed up her serve badly, she's barely getting any free points on that 1st serve anymore, her 2nd isn't any better to justify this switch. I don't understand why Piotr and her team don't address this.
Have to agree! Her serve is less effective now, and she used to hit more aces with the old stance.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #2136
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Have to agree! Her serve is less effective now, and she used to hit more aces with the old stance.
When Sharapova came back from shoulder surgery, she changed her motion. When her shoulder healed more, she changed back.
Whatever technique changes Caro tried, thats not a long term excuse.
There isnt an excuse. She had no adversity. She was healthy and just stopped getting results.
Its very much like Jankovic, except Caroline is doing it at an age when players usually are improving (like Vika & Aga did at 22)
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #2137
marineblue

Here come the stats:

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #2138
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Here come the stats:

Thanks.

Did you like Caro's strategy/gameplan today? I'm not talking about how well she executed it but the overall idea/s.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #2139
marineblue

I quite liked it, the only thing I don't understand is why is she going to the net at key points. Net game is where she makes so many mistakes and/or gets outplayed by her opponent. Aga is great at the net so it was really too risky to try to outplay her at her strengths.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #2140
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Wrong. Starting from Mon' 2010, her serve was brilliant for about a year. Her strong period.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #2141
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I dont think so Girl Start timing her serve very well, it not Johansson fault, Like I said before that something she need too work on as well as her FH

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #2142
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Haven't seen it so I cannot judge.
Oh. I thought as Ana was your second fave that you had seen it or at least knew about it.

I didn't see it but from what people have said Ana played poorly in the 1st set but played a lot better in the 2nd set. Ana served for the 2nd set at 6-5 but played a horrible game and got broken. Ana hit two double faults and an unforced error in that game.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #2143
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Oh. I thought as Ana was your second fave that you had seen it or at least knew about it.

I didn't see it but from what people have said Ana played poorly in the 1st set but played a lot better in the 2nd set. Ana served for the 2nd set at 6-5 but played a horrible game and got broken. Ana hit two double faults and an unforced error in that game.
Unfortunately, when the match was on I wasn't able to watch it so I just looked at the comments in her subforum. Yes, she played terribly in the first set and gave away several games to Radwanska with errors. In the second set they say she found some composure but when it mattered....well, it was the usual scenario.

I hope Caro will not follow in the footsteps of Ana in the future. Ivanovic could have had a fantastic career was it not for her lack of patience and throwing away good chances.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #2144
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Wrong. Starting from Mon' 2010, her serve was brilliant for about a year. Her strong period.
I would argue that her serve was never "brilliant." There was definitely a time when it was much less of a liability but she never had a fantastic serve.

Surely you would agree that the serve started going south before she started working with him? It is hardly true that she had a great and reliable serve and then she started working with him and he wrecked it. For example, long before Johansson it was common for her to lose her opening service game. I just think that it is revisionist to suggest that he is responsible for her poor serving.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #2145
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't think anyone is really giving him sole responsability, it's wasn't my intention. Fact is that he changed Caro's stance, he thought it was best to try something new to make her serve better. That's fine, I'm all for trying new things. However, it's obvious that this change hasn't worked as they had hoped, her serve is weaker than before, so if you try something and it doesn't work, you either switch back or try something else.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote