Poland's complaints about Israeli fans at Fed Cup - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #121
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Poland's complaints about Israeli fans at Fed Cup

Please. This thread needs to be closed. GM is not the place for combustible political debate.

Cornet
Sisyphus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #122
country flag aguy9797

aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of

I love MIA and her video, otherwise this really should be closed, please
Caro W
Petko

Queen Viktoria
aguy9797 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #123
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to go against the grain and say that this thread should maybe be kept open, for a little while at least, because a number of posters are currently doing a very good job of explaining the issues involved, and why this is anything but a laughing matter (ironically - or maybe understandably - these are mostly the same posters who are asking for the thread to be closed).
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #124
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute Manitou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Why do Polish people complain so much?
Why is India with a population of one billion not capable of producing one single athlete on an average international level in any sport?

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #125
country flag Israel

Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future
Re: Radwanska in Doha confirms she was "disappointed" with Israeli fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
You see the irony?

How does my post show any racism? I just suggested that we should all stop doing what follows in 3, 2, 1...

BINGO... I was born over 40 yrs after WW2, but hey, DARE I criticize the Israeli crowd during several Fed Cup occasions! I must be a Nazi.

No that is sarcasm based on the arguments made above. It is cynicism based on a climax established in your head: Germans being even "worse" than Polish people.
Judaism is not only a religion. Again, learn the facts first. And yes you shouldn't dare criticizing us when it's none of your business. I didn't want to get this far in this debate but Germans have bought the crazy man's ideas rather than the Poles being forced to command.
Now, I was born 55 years after the war had begun, but it really doesn't matter. The pain exists in every single Israeli, doesn't matter where he/she are from. Now saying that you have absolutely nothing to do with the holocaust is pure bullshit. We will never forget, and you shouldn't either.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #126
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Judaism is not only a religion. Again, learn the facts first. And yes you shouldn't dare criticizing us when it's none of your business. I didn't want to get this far in this debate but Germans have bought the crazy man's ideas rather than the Poles being forced to command.
Now, I was born 55 years after the war had begun, but it really doesn't matter. The pain exists in every single Israeli, doesn't matter where he/she are from. Now saying that you have absolutely nothing to do with the holocaust is pure bullshit. We will never forget, and you shouldn't either.
Boy, you forgot who gave you the shelter when you were forced to leave all European countries through whole history - and it was Poland: before 2nd world war more than 10% of Polish citizens were Jewish. Still remembering only bad moments in the history.

For you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...Jews_in_Poland
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #127
country flag Israel

Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
Boy, you forgot who gave you the shelter when you were forced to leave all European countries through whole history - and it was Poland: before 2nd world war more than 10% of Polish citizens were Jewish. Still remembering only bad moments in the history.

Read my comment again, there's no contrast.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #128
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hahah wtf??? I have NOTHING to do with the holocaust. Fact. Like most of the Germans nowadays unless you are some 100 yr old SS survivor. You are a crazy radical Jew I guess to make such statements.

And as a interested fan who values tennis etiquette, I sure do have a right to criticize if I see videos like the one I posted earlier. That was plain horrible and shocking to see, especially due to the fact that it seemed normal to the people in the stadium. you project every statement I make on you and the jewish state of israel. I criticized bad tennis etiquette and tried to find reasons for it. And most of the assumptions I made are being validated by you on here. You make very aggressive statements towards me and the name of the country that issued my passport. I am one of those Germans who do not want to spend the rest of their lives with a guilt on their shoulders for something they have no account for
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #129
country flag adner

adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We will never forget, and you shouldn't either.
The thing you should actually never forget is that citizens of countries born a couple of generations after war that took place almost 100 years ago don't have anything to do with the past conflicts. Otherwise, you just sound stupid.
adner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #130
country flag paranr

paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post

Israelies think that Poland is antisemitic right now because every year when delegation of teenagers from school goes to the annual visit in the death camps in Poland, there is a report of some antisemitic event. Here , it took me 20 seconds to find a report from Israel's third biggest newspaper:

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/54/ART1/968/675.html, I don't have time to translate.

Also , if you see the number of "Righteous Among the Nations" in every European country in comparison to the number of Jews in that were in the country before WW2 , you'll see why Israei's Like Neverland so much and Poland not so much:

http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%97%...95%D7%9C%D7%9D

So, as you cann see In Poland there were 6339 such people for a population of more than 3000000 Jews, where is Neverland there were 5204 for a population of "only"170,000 Jews.
paranr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #131
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Come on now its not only Jews that have suffered through the ages, and correct me if im wrong but didnt something like 100 million non-jews die during ww2, compared to 6 mill jews in europe alone? Anyhow its not just Jews that suffered. And 2 you shouldn't be blaming others for what politics caused, we know all wars are just propaganda and have their reasons, people are usually innocent and dont have a choice.

My point is theres good people and bad people from every nation, so lets not judge from where they come from.
wtftennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #132
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adner View Post
The thing you should actually never forget is that citizens of countries born a couple of generations after war that took place almost 100 years ago don't have anything to do with the past conflicts. Otherwise, you just sound stupid.
Well people like our poster "Israel" are the reason why there are still wars in today's society; Religions based on ancient and outdated writings build their credo and past happenings in certain countries will contribute to their image of today's people in that country.

It's a sad thing.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #133
country flag paranr

paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
hahah wtf??? I have NOTHING to do with the holocaust. Fact. Like most of the Germans nowadays unless you are some 100 yr old SS survivor. You are a crazy radical Jew I guess to make such statements.

And as a interested fan who values tennis etiquette, I sure do have a right to criticize if I see videos like the one I posted earlier. That was plain horrible and shocking to see, especially due to the fact that it seemed normal to the people in the stadium. you project every statement I make on you and the jewish state of israel. I criticized bad tennis etiquette and tried to find reasons for it. And most of the assumptions I made are being validated by you on here. You make very aggressive statements towards me and the name of the country that issued my passport. I am one of those Germans who do not want to spend the rest of their lives with a guilt on their shoulders for something they have no account for
I admit that what this user says is really exaggerated, but I did found an article about hidden racism from Germans towards locas German Turks from last year in israel left wing fourth bigger newspaper:

http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/world/1.1652946

so you are not saints as you try to portrait yourself.
paranr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #134
country flag adner

adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranr View Post

so you are not saints as you try to portrait yourself.
Noone says there are no rotten apples in any of our countries(in Poland there are quite many). It's just that they don't represent any real image of an "average" citizen of either Poland, Germany, Israel or any other country on Earth.
adner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #135
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I'm going to go against the grain and say that this thread should maybe be kept open, for a little while at least, because a number of posters are currently doing a very good job of explaining the issues involved, and why this is anything but a laughing matter (ironically - or maybe understandably - these are mostly the same posters who are asking for the thread to be closed).
I'm starting to regret this post, this thread is getting quite ugly.

The holocaust was arguably the biggest crime against humanity that the world has ever seen (although it has its rivals), and there can be no serious disputing that Jews have been persecuted inexcusably throughout their history, or that they still aren't in many parts of the world. It's really important for the world to recognize that, even the generations that were born long after it happened and had nothing personally to do with it.

But that applies to Jews as much as to others. To use all that suffering as an excuse for bad behaviour by individual Jews against people of other nations or creeds is a slap in the face for the majority of decent Jews in Israel and throughout the world.

No nation, people or faith is entirely made up of saints or sinners. Pitting nation against nation, "race" against "race", faith against faith, etc. amounts to committing the same stupid mistake that allowed the holocaust to happen in the first place.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote