The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: The return cometh?

Yes 31 58.49%
No 22 41.51%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #46
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
Did you even see her today? Petra is as out of shape and slow as she has been since she started struggling. Nothing was different today. The only difference was today she was zoning and things were working great for a couple sets. The very nature of her game makes her predisposed towards random matches where all her shots are landing on the line and can beat anyone. This type of great play is not the same as the type of great play which took her to her Wimbledon title, because the latter was built off of improved fitness and point construction. The fitness being the main point. And until she gets that back then she will still be prone to struggles like she has been over the past year, with a very great matches sprinkled here and there.
Best post in this thread so far.

It's reasons like this people think that Goerges and Lisicki are going to skyrocket in the rankings after playing one good match.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #47
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
Hype is back for a match she lost
though. *the irony though*
-------------------------------------------
Petra played a damn good match. I don't know how often she finishes matches with a positive winner/UE ratio, but she played really well. Some of you are saying she needs to improve her serve, BUT, that is the very thing that gave Serena the hardest time. Serena couldn't get the return in play and when Serena would get to 0-30 on Kvitova's serve, Kvitova would hit an ace...that's damn good serving in my book.

It is definitely premature to say she's "back" or "rising". This is only one match. How many matches have Zheng Jie shown up for when Serena is across the net? It's definitely a step in the right direction though.

Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #48
country flag #1Davenport

#1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future

She's on the up and up I believe. Playing Serena so closely will no doubt boost her confidence. Increased confidence will lead to increased consistency, and that's basically what she is lacking as of late.

In Remembrance of:
Mary Pierce
Jennifer Capriati
Monica Seles
#1Davenport is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 02:56 AM   #49
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

I love her but I'm feeling that her career will be always like this. We will never know what to expect. Great weapons, great power when her game is on but no consistency. Let's wait and see.

Last edited by Jeffery : Feb 16th, 2013 at 03:03 AM.
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #50
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

So finally had a chance to watch Serena-Petra. Serena was in her AO form. Tons of errors, complete lack of energy, double faults. Petra? Hard to tell. Just playing her usual inconsistent boom boom. I guess anybody from other top 4 girls would beat Serena. She is simply beatable right now. Great shots and terrible misses. And a complete lack of energy.
So it's much too early to say anything about Petra.

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #51
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

I'm no Kvitty fan but I've never doubted that she will one day be the world's Number One player by a distance. She clearly has the greatest potential of any active player bar Serena.
PMBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #52
country flag MadisonK

MadisonK is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish one day she can come back...
MadisonK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote