Pac 12 - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #676
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

another one, equally a fail?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #677
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

That one is a lot better than the other one. Stick to solid colors! If it was a blue top and a white skirt, that'd be perfect!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #678
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
That one is a lot better than the other one. Stick to solid colors! If it was a blue top and a white skirt, that'd be perfect!
That's what I mean, yellow just doesn't suit the Bruins

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #679
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Zoe def. Krista at WAATC
Gabi def. Ahn at NCTC
Gugu had a match point against Robin.

What happened to their form Did they peak too early

Colette Lewis reports that Gabi and Zoe lost due to errors. Well it's better than being blasted off
the court..but it's not like them, Trojans are usually solid..

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Feb 10th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #680
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

KK's results in decisive dual matches;

1/30/2011 Dual Match Pos. #4 Mimi Nguyen #16 University of Michigan Loss 6-3, 5-7, 7-5
Indoors Regional final.

3/16/2011 Dual Match Pos. #3 Micaela Hein #33 Arizona State University Loss 6-3, 6-4
USC lost to ASU, creating a ranking crisis.

5/15/2011 Dual Match Pos. #3 #104 Anett Schutting CAL 57, 62, 43(KK was #103 ranked)
Due to the loss to ASU, USC had to travel to CAL for NCAA.

2/12/2012 Dual Match Pos. #4 Skylar Morton #2 UCLA Loss 6-4, 7-5
Indoors Semi Final

5/21/2012 Dual Match Pos. #4 Skylar Morton #2 UCLA Loss 6-4, 7-5
NCAA Semi Final

2/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #6 #65 Ashley Dai #8 North Carolina Loss 6-2, 6-3
Indoors Quarterfinal

KK will be remembered as one of the best dbls players in NCAA history.
That said, she simply is not winning decisive singles matches. Look at where Anett and KK are now, who were virtually ranked the same in their freshman year, rank-wise.

The 'spotlight' was on Lao at NCAA semifinal and Gabi and Zoe in Indoors, but in fact KK lost matches too, in 2, not even 3 sets, and at NCAA, lost in dbls, even.

Now even lost #6. I'm not sure KK should play singles anymore. Like Ramos' senior season, maybe concentrating on dbls will be wise..Yates who is stronger should replace her, imo.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Feb 12th, 2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #681
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

from Zootennis;

"Kalbas had seen Kay come through in a similar circumstance in the quarterfinals against USC's Zoe Scandalis, going from 3-0 down in the third set to a 6-3 win in another last-match-on situation. But against Montez, Kay wasn't getting any free points.

"You've got to beat her," said Kalbas of Montez. "She made zero unforced errors in that third set. "

Pam

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #682
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Pam's charismatic racket throwing

zoo tennis video

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #683
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
KK's results in decisive dual matches;

1/30/2011 Dual Match Pos. #4 Mimi Nguyen #16 University of Michigan Loss 6-3, 5-7, 7-5
Indoors Regional final.

3/16/2011 Dual Match Pos. #3 Micaela Hein #33 Arizona State University Loss 6-3, 6-4
USC lost to ASU, creating a ranking crisis.

5/15/2011 Dual Match Pos. #3 #104 Anett Schutting CAL 57, 62, 43(KK was #103 ranked)
Due to the loss to ASU, USC had to travel to CAL for NCAA.

2/12/2012 Dual Match Pos. #4 Skylar Morton #2 UCLA Loss 6-4, 7-5
Indoors Semi Final

5/21/2012 Dual Match Pos. #4 Skylar Morton #2 UCLA Loss 6-4, 7-5
NCAA Semi Final

2/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #6 #65 Ashley Dai #8 North Carolina Loss 6-2, 6-3
Indoors Quarterfinal

KK will be remembered as one of the best dbls players in NCAA history.
That said, she simply is not winning decisive singles matches. Look at where Anett and KK are now, who were virtually ranked the same in their freshman year, rank-wise.

The 'spotlight' was on Lao at NCAA semifinal and Gabi and Zoe in Indoors, but in fact KK lost matches too, in 2, not even 3 sets, and at NCAA, lost in dbls, even.

Now even lost #6. I'm not sure KK should play singles anymore. Like Ramos' senior season, maybe concentrating on dbls will be wise..Yates who is stronger should replace her, imo.
5. Kaitlyn Christian (USC) vs. Kelly Chui (CAL) 3-6, 6-4, 1-0, unfinished

Kelly is a 4 star. No offence to Tennisace but USC #5 just can't afford to lose a set against
Kelly. Or is it Augustus magic

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Feb 12th, 2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #684
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

absent from Indoors

STAN; everybody
UCLA; Ray
CAL; Fabikova, Goransson, Duranteau
USC; brain (or mental toughness)

So altogether, it's not that bad a showing by Pac 12

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #685
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
5. Kaitlyn Christian (USC) vs. Kelly Chui (CAL) 3-6, 6-4, 1-0, unfinished

Kelly is a 4 star. No offence to Tennisace but USC #5 just can't afford to lose a set against
Kelly. Or is it Augustus magic
Kelly's game matches up well against Christian. She's not bothered at all by the slice, however given that Christian should really win.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #686
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Saw Gibbsy today.

Something..seems different..hair? Seems lighter and more wavey?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #687
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Washington needs to take off Douglas-Miron "win" over Gibsy they didn't even play at regionals cause Nicole was injured, if the score was 0-1 I would understand but they didn't even play! Washington doing all it can to secure a player a national ranking lol congrats to my ASU team for blanking San JOse State and specially to Nicole smith and jacqueline Cako for keeping their undefeated record going from last year!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #688
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

#59 UC Irvine defeated #46 Pepperdine, #50 LSU and #57 Tulane and is not ranked ahead any of them. When the poll rankings are that egregious the Ranking Regional Chairs, surprise surpise one of which is the Washington women's coach, are falling asleep behind the wheel.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #689
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Does anyone know what happened to Hailey Johnson of UA? Not on the roster..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #690
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Krista Could watch the latter half of the 2nd. Jenny's serve was exceptionally good,
and Krista DFed twice Sank a drop shot attempt

- Woodrow Wilson