...HardCourt II - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #1501
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ...HardCourt II

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
Sam is killing me with her returns
Yes, before today I would have said that was one area in which Sam's game had improved this year. But she's been horrible today, with a couple of exceptions
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #1502

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

From 40-0 to MP

Got away with it in the end, more by luck than good management.

Didn't want to see Sam bow out of the tournament like that.

On CC Petra has take the first set against Serena
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1503

GSM.

They were never really in this match, pretty poor performance overall.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #1504
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
GSM.

They were never really in this match, pretty poor performance overall.
Really terrible! Probably 2 points from the game would make it into Sam's highlights reel and that's pretty generous! Hopefully they play better in Dubai - at least they are playing for a longer run this time round - they were really bad when they first started playing together as well - lets hope history repeats itself this year!

Who would have thought both her matches would have similar scorelines!

Good to see Petra playing well. I quite like her.
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #1505
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future

Not a good day for our Sam...

I shall hate the 6/2, 6/4 result forever! Same in singles & doubles...

Proud to be one of Jen`s Hell`s Angels!
GermanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #1506
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Bah. Sucks that they lost, but even more it sucks that Sam played poorly. Hopefully she can regroup over the next couple of days for Dubai.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #1507

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai draw. Don't think we could have asked for any better really

Victoria Azarenka [1] - Bye
Dominika Cibulkova - Nadia Petrova
Sloane Stephens - Sorana Cirstea
Sara Errani [5] - Julia Goerges

Angelique Kerber [4] - Bye
Roberta Vinci - Qualifier
Varvara Lepchenko - Su-Wei Hsieh
Samantha Stosur [7] - Ekaterina Makarova

Petra Kvitova [6] - Qualifier
Ana Ivanovic - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Laura Robson [WC] - Yulia Putintseva [WC]
Agnieszka Radwanska [3] - Bye

Caroline Wozniacki [8] - Lucie Safarova
Qualifier - Qualifier
Marion Bartoli [WC] - Klara Zakopalova
Serena Williams [2] - Bye
Li Na|Svetlana Kuznetsova|Vera Zvonareva|Francesca Schiavone

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #1508
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

I like that draw. Hopefully Sam can have a deep run and at least make semis.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #1509

3rd quarter would probably have been better for the first couple of rounds, but from QF on this is the best quarter. Potentially three tricky lefties to negotiate for a spot in the SF. If she gets that far I can see both Vika and Serena tanking before then, so she would have a realistic shot at the title. But one match at a time
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #1510

^There's also a chance that Cibulkova could do another one of her hatchet jobs to help Sam along with Vika

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
^There's also a chance that Cibulkova could do another one of her hatchet jobs to help Sam along with Vika
Well Vika's still 7-2 against her, and both her losses were on clay, which is easily her worst surface, so I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Better news is the fact that both Caro and Marion are in Serena's quarter. So even if Serena tanks (I think she will, pretty sure she only entered as insurance in case she didn't get the #1 in Doha) at most one of them will advance beyond the QF. So Sam is sure to be still top 10 at the end of the week.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1512

With Serena and Vika in the final at Doha, you'd think at least one of them will tank. Or Vika might do her, "play one match and then become extremely injured" trick to avoid a zero pointer.

Anyway, we shouldn't be talking about this. Sam is totally going to lose to Lepchenko

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #1513
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future

Will you shut up!

Cannot wait for the doubles draw....

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #1514
country flag GermanBoy

Quote:
Hi GermanBoy, glad to see my bossy and obnoxious rep comment had the desired effect

I always like seeing people stick up for Sam in GM, even though I'm too lazy to do it myself most of the time
Unbelievable!

Why would I not defend Sam? She is my favourite player. I used to support the US girls, Chris Evert, Jennifer Capriati & Lindsay Davenport but they unfortunately all retired. I hope Sam will not be retiring any time soon...

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #1515

Quote:
With Serena and Vika in the final at Doha, you'd think at least one of them will tank. Or Vika might do her, "play one match and then become extremely injured" trick to avoid a zero pointer.
Chances are they'll both turn up, but neither is very fond of playing a full programme in 2 consecutive weeks unless it's absolutely necessary. If Vika wins today (unlikely, but not impossible) I think the #1 would still be up for grabs in Dubai, and I'm pretty sure that Serena would need to reach the SF at least to be sure of staying at #1. In that case they might both go the distance.

If Serena wins today she's got the top spot sown up until Miami at least (unless Vika does something really embarrassing like asking for a WC for Kuala Lumpur). In that case I think they'll both play a round or two and then succumb to some debilitating affliction.

Quote:
Anyway, we shouldn't be talking about this. Sam is totally going to lose to Lepchenko
You confident she'll beat Makarova then?