** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:16 AM   #316
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Love is all around me, says Sharapova+

DOHA — Maria Sharapova sounded like the most prolific romantic of all the female tennis players on Valentine's Day by suggesting that she had many lovers.

The highest paid female athlete in the world hinted -- perhaps tongue in cheek -- that she might also have the highest sex drive.

True or not, her reply, which created a minor sensation, outdid that of all the other players at the Qatar Open on Thursday.

Asked if she was celebrating Valentine's Day with the one she loved, Sharapova replied: "Well, I'm in Doha, so my team consists of my coach and my trainer, and my hitter and my physio. I don't have a love relationship with either one of them, so......" and she tailed off amidst laughter.

She then admitted that she had received "many" messages, adding: "I'm very lucky".

But when asked if she therefore had many lovers, Sharapova, who split with fiance Sasha Vujacic, a former NBA player last year, brazened the question away.

"Maybe," she said. "Why not, right? Life's too short."

The Russian outdid Caroline Wozniacki, the former world number one from Denmark, who humourously agreed that her boyfriend, the world number one golfer Rory McIlroy, had Valentine's Day under control.

"He certainly did, yeah. I got a nice bouquet of roses, so that was nice," said Wozniacki.

"And maybe something else too -- but that's private," she added.

Wozniacki was prepared to reveal that she sent McIlroy something too.

"He hasn't received it yet, though," she said. "But I think it should be there any minute. It's, like, just a lot of chocolate, a huge basket of chocolates."

This was all a big contrast to the reaction of Serena Williams, the winner of 15 Grand Slam titles, but not a winner in love if her responses were to be believed.

Her Twitter comments have been suggesting she is single, even though it is widely believed that her coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, who is present at the Qatar Open, has also been her boyfriend.

"I don't celebrate Valentine's, so for me just another day," Williams said. "I really don't do the holidays in general, so, yeah, I don't do the Valentine's stuff."

That was very different from the attitude of Victoria Azarenka, the world number one, who started by saying that she didn't celebrate the day as she was alone.

She continued by saying that text messages were the only gifts she got, then admitted that she had had them from a lot of people, and eventually agreed that she had had one from a "musician, yeah, one in particular, but it's still too early in the States".

This was a reference to her boyfriend, Redfoo, the Californian singer, dancer, DJ and rapper, whom she knows as Stefan Gordy, and who later reportedly sent her a video containing a song he had just performed.

docId=CNG.200c41405d2f3781026341e06ef3fe7a.681"]http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iddoby6RgDi-Rh40srM2AFI4V-0g?docId=CNG.200c41405d2f3781026341e06ef3fe7a.681[/url]
Cecig is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #317
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #318
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Serena is the smartest. Of course, she is with Patrick but she is not going to throw that in people's faces like you know who.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #319
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #320
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

maybe she meant her parents and grandma by her lovers , dont get her wrong guys

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #321
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Quotable Quotes: Valentine's Day

What does Valentine's Day mean to the stars of the WTA? Well, five of Thursday's winners at the Qatar Total Open were asked about it in their post-match press conferences - read on...

Published Feburary 14, 2013 12:00

DOHA, Qatar - What does Valentine's Day mean to the WTA stars? Well, five of Thursday's winners at the Qatar Total Open were asked about it in their post-match press conferences - read on...

Caroline Wozniacki
On whether Rory McIlroy sent her anything...
"He certainly did, yeah - I got a nice bouquet of roses, so that was nice."

On whether she sent him anything...
"I did. He hasn't received it yet, though. But I think it should be there any minute. It was like just a lot of chocolate, a huge basket of just chocolates."

Agnieszka Radwanska
On whether she got any messages...
"Yeah, a couple messages, yes, I did."

On whether there was "anyone special we should know about"...
"Not really. I don't think so."

On whether she got any presents...
"Yeah, no presents."

On whether she bought anyone else a present...
"Well, I was kind of busy with the match, but I didn't buy anything, no."

Victoria Azarenka
On whether she celebrated Valentine's Day in Doha...
"No, I didn't celebrate - I'm alone on this day."

On whether she got any text messages from anyone...
"Well, text messages, that's the only gifts I get!"

On whether any of them came from an "electro-dance musician"...
"Musician, yeah - one in particular, too. But it's still early in the States."

On what she would like to get for Valentine's Day if she had one wish...
"Wow, that's a long list! Right now, honestly, I would just love to be with my family and my friends. That's the most important gift for me, just to share those moments and be together."

Maria Sharapova
On whether she celebrated Valentine's Day with the one she loves...
"Well, I'm in Doha, and my team consists of my coach and my trainer and hitter and my physio. I don't have a love relationship with any of them, so..."

On whether she received any messages...
"I received many. I'm very lucky."

Serena Williams
On whether she celebrated Valentine's Day...
"I don't celebrate Valentine's, so for me it was just another day."

On if she didn't celebrate it because it's too commercialized...
"No, I really don't do the holidays in general, so yeah, I don't do the Valentine's stuff."
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #322
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

:LOL: That article. wtatennis.com is becoming such a gossip rag. Are they the people asking those music/1D questions, too?
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #323
country flag MS17

QATAR TOTAL OPEN

February 14, 2013

Maria Sharapova

DOHA, QATAR

M. SHARAPOVA/K. Zakopalova
6‑3, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Not to bring up the subject again, but how cold and windy and difficult was it out there?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: The conditions are certainly tough. I think in my career I played the windiest match here many years ago, five years ago, and I think it was the first round. It was pretty brutal, you know, but I think it was a three‑setter, as well.
But it's one of those days where you almost know that you might not be playing your best tennis. I certainly didn't today. But it's good to get through in those conditions. You know, you have to take it and move on to the next one.
There is things I certainly would have loved to do better and keep my concentration, which I didn't in both of the sets, but I was able to close them out in a good way and that was a positive.

Q. As a person, do you have problems being in the mode, Hey, this is just one of those days, just get the win?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's not always easy to accept, because I always feel like it evens out the level of tennis in a way that it doesn't really matter who you're playing. You know, you might have to play a little bit safer and not as close to the lines.
Sometimes any game plan you have goes out of the window just because of the circumstances of how you feel out on the court are so different to maybe even the warmup.
So "adjustment" is a big word during these types of days.

Q. In terms of the unforced errors and the double faults, was that the wind or was there something else at play?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, for the serving I thought my percentage was very low. Obviously in those conditions when you're not giving yourself a chance, you know, to hit many first serves, you know, you're always under pressure to have to hit good second serves in these conditions. It's always tough.
So that will be really important to regain that percentage. I thought I served quite well the other day.
Yeah, unforced errors came when I was up and leading and gave her a few points away. But she's always a really tricky player to play against. I had trouble against her in the past, three‑setter at Roland Garros last year. She can play. I mean, she hits the ball pretty big out there.

Q. Just a follow‑up, but it must have felt good because the second set seemed to be a little bit of a letdown but then you pulled it together and pushed on.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I did have that letdown, but, I mean, those types of conditions, you know, I was up 4‑3, Love‑40 with her having a few opportunities to get back to 4‑All, and I thought I played those points really well. I made first serves when I had to, and that was really crucial.
I'm happy about that part.

Q. It is Valentine's Day. Did you have the occasion of celebrating with the one you love?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I'm in Doha, so, I mean, my team consists of my coach and my trainer and hitter and my physio. I don't have a love relationship with either one of them, so... (Laughter.)

Q. You didn't receive a message or something?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I received many. I'm very lucky.

Q. You have many lovers?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe. Why not, right? Life's too short.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #324
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #325
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Williams was asked about playing Sharapova. "I'm playing a great player, and hopefully I can play better than I did today," she said. "I'm happy to still be in the tournament at this point, and I just have to refocus now. I have a tough match tomorrow. We'll see what happens. It's not over yet."

"Serena obviously I haven't beaten in a while, but I had really tough ones against her last year," Sharapova said. "I'm looking forward to it. No matter how many losses you have, a good thing is you have another chance against them. It will give me an opportunity to change a few things."
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #326
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

This interview

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #327
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
[b]QATAR TOTAL OPEN
Q. You have many lovers?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe. Why not, right? Life's too short.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #328
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

"Serena obviously I haven't beaten in a while, but I had really tough ones against her last year," Sharapova said. "I'm looking forward to it. No matter how many losses you have, a good thing is you have another chance against them. It will give me an opportunity to change a few things."
I'm looking forward to the changes, Maria. I know you can do it.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #329
country flag MS17

QATAR TOTAL OPEN

February 15, 2013

Maria Sharapova

DOHA, QATAR

M. SHARAPOVA/S. Stosur
6‑2, 6‑4

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You must be pleased with that performance. How did it go for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I was. You know, I was happy because, you know, Sam certainly stepped up her level in the second set, and, you know, despite, you know, losing a couple more points than I would have liked to and losing my concentration, you know, I really started playing well when I had to and being aggressive at the right times.
You know, after not serving well for about a set and the beginning of the second, on the important points, when I had to, I came up with really great first serves. That helped me win the match.
So in the end I thought I adjusted quite well and improved from the other day.

Q. You got really animated after you managed to hold serve and saved all those break points with aces and stuff. Do you feel the match would have gotten more her way if she had broken at that point?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, it's a big difference being up a break and it being even, so, you know, I wanted to bring that energy. You know, I felt like she raised her level, and maybe I took a step back and was maybe a bit more defensive than I would have liked.
Sam is an experienced player. You give her a little bit, and there's no reason why she can't take it and run away with it.

Q. You still have, with this whole race for the top ranking, you have an outside chance if everything goes your way andyou're still on pace. Is that something, to get back to No. 1, would that be‑‑ you know, a lot of you guys don't seem to be thinking too much about it, but would it be important for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, I think the reason why we don't talk about it as much is because we have been on the tour for so many years and have been blessed to be in that position before.
Is it great to have the opportunity to come back to that position? I mean, we'd be lying if we weren't. We're excited about having the chance. I mean, not only, you know, as a professional athlete, when you're given opportunities like this, it's pretty special.
So of course we look for them. But, you know, I have been in that spot before. The ranking is always one of those things where it also depends on the other players' success and the amount of points and the tournaments that they play.
To be honest, that's out of my control, so that's the reason why, to me, maybe it's not, you know, as important as maybe winning the match point of a Grand Slam where it's that in‑the‑moment experience that you have achieved something like that, whereas you wake up on a Monday morning and the ranking system changed and you're No. 1 in the world.
I think that's the reason why maybe we're a little bit, you know, not so jumping up and down at this table here.

Q. You have been somebody who always likes to kind of have your private life, aside from this. Do you think that your fans have any true sense of who the real Maria is?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I certainly try to give them that opportunity. I think there's always pieces of your life that you want to keep private and you want to keep to yourself because you are so exposed to the outside world in so many other things that I do for a living in my career.
You know, through social media and things, everyone always knows where you are. You know, someone just tweets you're in a cafe, and next thing you know, people are there.
It's a very different dynamic, and I'm very lucky because I am able to have my privacy. You know, I'm a professional athlete and I'm lucky that not so many people really care about that as much as maybe when you're in Hollywood and you're an actress or a musician.
So I'm given my space and I'm able to live my life in privacy. I thank God for that every single day, because it's so important for me.

Q. Your next opponent is either Serena or Petra. Can you walk us through the matchups with both of them?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah. Either one is really going to be a tough match. Serena obviously I haven't beaten in a while, and I had really tough ones against her last year. So, you know, if I do have the opportunity to play her again, you know, I'm looking forward to it. No matter how many losses you have, you always have to ‑‑a good thing about that is you have a chance to maybe get another match against that opponent. And if we do, that would be great because I can give myself an opportunity to change a few things.
Against Petra, I mean, she's been there maybe not playing the best tennis like she did when she was a Grand Slam champion, but if she gets to a semifinal stage of a tournament, you know, plus her experience, I think that would be a tough match. She knows how to play tennis quite well, as well.

Q. If Serena wins today she would become the oldest No. 1 of the history of the rankings. Can you talk a little bit about what would that mean, 31‑and‑something years of age?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I think that age, it just shows you how the generations have shifted a bit. You know, maybe five, ten years ago you saw, you know, a lot of the younger players achieving much more success and winning Grand Slams. And now, you know, you see Li Na and Serena doing so well.
I mean, I wouldn't say‑‑ I'm not going to use the word "old" because it's quite young still, but because they have been around for so many years, it's incredible. It just shows you how, you know, if you stay healthy and you're able to keep working hard, the things that you're able to achieve in tennis at that age, you know, it's encouraging because, you know, I feel like I have so many more years ahead of me. I'm not sure maybe till 32, but I don't know. You never know.

Q. Just wondering, when you were at the Olympics, did you have any opportunity to meet or watch Oscar Pistorius? Were you surprised by the news yesterday? I'm sure you were, like everyone.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I actually didn't get to watch too much. It was probably the most hectic week of my career, playing in that Olympics, from the ceremony to all the matches and just the emotions, just, I don't know, living through the whole experience.
I don't even know if I got to watch anything on TV. Just a few events. Maybe swimming and stuff.
But it's so unfortunate. I still haven't read, you know, a lot about it. But it's crazy to think that something like that can happen, you know. It's eye‑opening.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #330
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention kimiko
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote