Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #646
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She had her moments in 2012. Her tantrum at the French Open last year is a modern classic.
Modern classic? Ever seen Serena UO 2009 or some of Azarenka's outbursts?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #647
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Is this an important match? Not as big as Sveta in AO a few weeks ago. But if Caroline is going to get back into the top 5 and be a hardcourt slam contender, she has to be able to play Aga tough, like she used to
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #648
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Another loss where she was close to 1 set all and fell apart.
She's been doing this for a long time now.
Inconsistent, sloppy. Pretty much irrelevant in tournaments with YEC players.
The question is: Is this the rest of her career? Does she care enough to end this cycle and move forward?
This was a long term #1, but thats all in the distant past. Now we watch a player who folds and folds, against players who arent going to win the tournament
But I guess she's happy like this, with her dad and mom, and no coach to have to listen to
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #649
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Not many players get this many chances to win against Aga. And she still blew it. Oh my fucking god.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #650
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like, for the first time this season, she met my expectations so, overall, I consider Doha a success. She went as deep as we could reasonably have expected and lost to a higher ranked player, what more can you expect from Caroline 2.0?

Of course it is impossible not to be disappointed that she was unable to at least force a third set, she surely had her chances, but she is still rebuilding her career and this is a good result considering where she has been over the last year and a half.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #651
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Caro has been broken 3 times serving for a set in the last two matches she's played: served for the 1st set at 4-4 against Barthel, served for the match at 5-1 2nd set against Barthel, and broken serving for the 2nd set at 5-3 against Aga despite leading 30-0 and 40-30.

Caro held for 6-1 1st set at 40-15 against Jugic-Salkic but was down 0-30 and 30-40 serving for the match at 5-2 2nd set. Caro held for 6-3 2nd set against Barthel from 15-40 down.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #652
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro has been broken 3 times serving for a set in the last two matches she's played: served for the 1st set at 4-4 against Barthel, served for the match at 5-1 2nd set against Barthel, and broken serving for the 2nd set at 5-3 against Aga despite leading 30-0 and 40-30.

Caro held for 6-1 1st set at 40-15 against Jugic-Salkic but was down 0-30 and 30-40 serving for the match at 5-2 2nd set. Caro held for 6-3 2nd set against Barthel from 15-40 down.
So you are putting forth the theory that Caroline's serve is not as strong as it could be. Interesting.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #653
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline

Aga is simply mentally stronger than Caroline. And smarter.

2nd set: 3-0 -> 4-2 -> 5-3 -> SPs -> 5-7

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #654
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I feel like, for the first time this season, she met my expectations so, overall, I consider Doha a success. She went as deep as we could reasonably have expected and lost to a higher ranked player, what more can you expect from Caroline 2.0?

Of course it is impossible not to be disappointed that she was unable to at least force a third set, she surely had her chances, but she is still rebuilding her career and this is a good result considering where she has been over the last year and a half.
Well, it was a good run. Last year she bombed out in the second round to Safarova,so ranking-wise this loss is not anything shocking.

But yes, it's disappointing that she let this chance go. She could win this match.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #655
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Caroline

Aga is simply mentally stronger than Caroline. And smarter.

2nd set: 3-0 -> 4-2 -> 5-3 -> SPs -> 5-7
It happened almost the same against Mona in the first set. How she saved that tie-break it's still unknown . Against Aga you just can't blow so many chances.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #656
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Another loss where she was close to 1 set all and fell apart.
She's been doing this for a long time now.
Inconsistent, sloppy. Pretty much irrelevant in tournaments with YEC players.
The question is: Is this the rest of her career? Does she care enough to end this cycle and move forward?
This was a long term #1, but thats all in the distant past. Now we watch a player who folds and folds, against players who arent going to win the tournament
But I guess she's happy like this, with her dad and mom, and no coach to have to listen to
I think you're being way too hard on her. We can't continue to compare Caro with her own peak version from early 2011. She's clearly not the same player/person anymore. She went through a lot in the meantime; loads of negative publicity from being a slamless no.1, criticism about her defensive style, pressures to change just about every aspect of her game including her coach, entering into a high-profiled relationship with Rory.

This is Caro 2.0. She's trying hard to implement a new style of play and there are small signs that the process is on the right track. But it's going to take a long time to complete the process and she may never get back to achieving what she did before. But I respect her for trying, and if anyone has the discipline and mental strength to successfully overhaul her game it's Caro.
PMBH is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #657
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard for me to accurately gauge this,but I don't recall Caro's getting lots of Top 5 wins even at her peak,and 2 players whom she USED to beat,Vika and Aga,have gotten significantly better.Can Caro truly force elite players into mistakes when they're on sort of a hot streak?If not,then she'll hit a rankings plateau until she learns how to finish good players off

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #658
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
It's hard for me to accurately gauge this,but I don't recall Caro's getting lots of Top 5 wins even at her peak,and 2 players whom she USED to beat,Vika and Aga,have gotten significantly better.Can Caro truly force elite players into mistakes when they're on sort of a hot streak?If not,then she'll hit a rankings plateau until she learns how to finish good players off
That was also a result of them losing earlier then they could meet with her most of the time. I think that at her best Caro can not only get the elite to make mistakes but also take the initiative and hit a winner. She can mix it up and find a good balance.

The problem now is for her to stop making errors herself when it matters most. She is sometimes mirroring the mistakes of her opponents, IMO.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #659
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an interesting stat comparison. The difference between Caro's winners and unforced errors has gotten a lot worse in the last three matches against Aga since Caro beat her in 3 sets at the YEC in 2011. Caro lost the 1st match in three sets having served for the match in the 2nd set (Caro's wrist injury really began to bother her as the 3rd set went on, they were tied at 2-2 3rd set at one point), lost the next match in two having been down 6-4 4-2 at one point, and lost yesterday's in two sets having served for the 2nd set.

Caro's winners and unforced errors against Aga:

2011 YEC: 32 winners and 27 unforced errors / +5 difference
2012 Sydney (sets 1 & 2 combined): 22 winners and 23 unforced errors / -1 difference (I don't have the match total)
2012 Tokyo: 19 winners and 33 unforced errors / -14 difference
2013 Doha: 24 winners and 30 unforced errors / -6 difference

It's pretty impressive that Caro was actually able to post a positive winners to unforced errors difference against Aga and -1 isn't bad at all. Caro needs to find a way to cut her unforced errors down and get her winners to unforced errors difference about even or better again.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 16th, 2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: forgot a match
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #660
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai draw
R1 Safarova
R2 Qualifier
QF Serena
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...13/718/MDS.pdf

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Feb 16th, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread