SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #676
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. QF v Stosur

I'm really happy for Serena, seeing her reaction to that win was

but why does she get everything she wants?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #677
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Heartbroken for Petra. Congrats Serena. Well deserved #1 in the ranking. Don't have any hopes for tomorrow

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #678
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, tbh I'm still going to have to be pessimistic about Maria's chances tomorrow as I expect it to be a resumption of the uber-windy conditions that there have been most of this week, but please can this match serve as forever proof of the nonsense that Maria is unable to beat Serena Even if it doesn't happen tomorrow, the theory that Serena can't be beaten by slow ballbashers has been exposed as a myth today.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #679
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Back to No.1

Have mercy tomorrow
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #680
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Whats even worse though, is that if Masha gets a NID beatdown she'll be vilified even more in comparison to the efforts of Petra, and thus re-spark the Petra stans trolling in GM
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #681
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure Vika will get back the No.1 at some point of the year, but at least it will be a fight
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #682
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

So it is Serena vs Maria tomorrow.
Sure Serena will be a big favourite to win tomorrow but anything can happen in tennis
Good luck
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #683
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm kind of sad for Petra I wanted her to win this she played better but choked at the end plus we might have gotten a competitive SF if she had gotten through I'm happy for Serena though she deserves the number one spot and her reaction was really sweet and surprising She's probably going to play in RenaGOAT mode though tomorrow now that she's number one and she doesn't have "nothing to lose" anymore
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #684
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Heartbroken for Petra. Congrats Serena. Well deserved #1 in the ranking. Don't have any hopes for tomorrow
Me neither although her chances just have became higher for me, if Petra did it, Masha should do it for sure, she is much better than Kvitova... But shitfest can come from nowhere...
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #685
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

^ Like Serena would play like that against Maria
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #686
Forever Sharapova.

at least Masha doesn't get in that kind of position to choke a 4-1 lead
that would be more painful than a mandatory beatdown winning 4 games IMO
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #687
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

8 games tomorrow, give or take.

Petra can only be happy with today's match. If she keeps up this level she can be back in top 5, I really hope so.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #688
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Serena is going to play well tomorrow. We know it. It's always like this! It's not as if her matches are tiring. She just serves and returns

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #689
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Well when somebody said before this tourney, they wanted top 10 wins for Maria, I said I wanted #1 and #2. Do it, Martha! Swing freely and hold your head up high at the end tomorrow regardless of the results.

Feel bad for Petra and didn't really see the match, but it sounds like she was playing as 2011 Petra and not Shitra. I hope this kick-starts her year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
So goodbye Vika at number one. However, she may get the last laugh by winning Doha. Based on the way both are playing, this looks like the best chance Azarenka has of finally ending her losing streak to Serena. It should be an interesting and competitive final between the two.
All right, I know I said I am not bashing the pessimism, but no need to be so dismissive of Maria's chances. Do I think Maria will win? Probably not, but no need to act like it's NID. Serena has lost to players I would consider as having played on average a level of tennis below Maria's average level in the past year. Not trying to bash any player here because they earned their wins by winning, just my opinion.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #690
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigga View Post
So it is Serena vs Maria tomorrow.
Sure Serena will be a big favourite to win tomorrow but anything can happen in tennis
Good luck
That's more like it. The posts above mine were all so gloomy. Come on guys, I'm not saying we need to be delusional, but it's tennis. That's why they put the nets up. BTW I love her pressers if it's not already clear.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote