Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #1261
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

According to Jorn she withdrew a while ago, must have been a day or so after her Doha loss. So perhaps she was injured in Doha? Who knows! Tough start to year for Laura, hasn't been able to capitalize on having few points to defend at this point.

Hopefully her year will pick up soon? IW next scheduled stop.

EDIT: just saw the tweet you mentioned, this it all too confusing...

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Feb 15th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #1262
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

ERGH i hope she's not injured, her ranking is going to plummet now if she's not earning any points . I need to do some research to see what's going on. She said she was already in Dubai so it's confusing that she's now withdrawn...

She may have gotten a MDWC?
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1263
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Jorn is wrong. She must have withdrawn this morning
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1264
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she did not withdraw at all.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #1265
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Laura got a WC
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1266
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wert. View Post
Maybe she did not withdraw at all.
The only option is that she has main draw wc. We will know tomorrow
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1267
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Great news.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1268
country flag guichard

Yes, confirmed she has main draw wc https://twitter.com/MattBarbarin/sta...36662233948160
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1269
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

YESS!! i knew she MUST have gotten a MDWC.

Great news, i hope she's overcome her shoulder issue and can get some match wins.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1270
country flag andy1975

andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice andy1975 is just really nice

Fantastic. So annoying that they don't publicly announce wildcards before, or at least at the time of the qualifying draw.
andy1975 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #1271

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Great news on the WC, though am I the only one that thinks qualies might have been useful to get matches under her belt? Even tho it is a really tough qualies draw..interesting, wasn't expecting her to get a WC. Wonder why they gave it to her. Good news tho!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #1272
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Great news on the WC, though am I the only one that thinks qualies might have been useful to get matches under her belt? Even tho it is a really tough qualies draw..interesting, wasn't expecting her to get a WC. Wonder why they gave it to her. Good news tho!
She has a good agent/team.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #1273

Very true

Kuzzy isn't happy with the Dubai WCS, from twitter: 'Can someone explain to me the WCs of Dubai? What a choice..."
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1274
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

^ can't say I blame her, to be fair

I think Laura would have been better in qualifying too. It's such a string field

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1275

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I think the WC is a mistake...she really needs matches at this point and would have been seeded in qualies. She would have been 7th seed rather than Zheng meaning her section would have been:

(3)Vesnina v Mattek-Sands
(wc)Bychkova v Rodionova
Morita v Dushevina
(wc)Woerle v (7)Zheng (Robson)

Definitely some winnable matches there. Vesnina tough to qualify but she'll go into the MD unseeded, who wants to bet on a top seed in the first round? xD Although as someone mentioned in GM a first round against Kuzzy would be fun